Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

OK.. Was pleasently surprised when I saw the email from ppobox that the particular package has been shipped to India.. Now I only hope they dont get stuck in Mumbai hub/customs.

I think they are currently shipping packages with One phone only. If your package has multiple handsets, expect more delay.

One of my package which reached NY on 8th July was shipped out from. NY to india on 31st July and I got the invoice for this today morning. Payment has been made , let's hope it doesn't get stuck in customs.

and one package that's been lying with customs since first week of July, is still stuck there. :-(

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

One of my package which reached NY on 8th July was shipped out from. NY to india on 31st July and I got the invoice for this today morning. Payment has been made , let's hope it doesn't get stuck in customs.

and one package that's been lying with customs since first week of July, is still stuck there. :-(

I dont know if they told u that but when I was talking to one of their guys , it slipped out of his mouth that the items that were dispatches on 1st (or 1st week , cant be sure) july or so has been confiscated by custom pending the regulatory audit.. they still haven't been able to get them cleared I think.. maybe ur item got stuck in there.

Would advice u to check with them about that and if necessary get details from them and contact mumbai custom officers directly.. I have resolved couple problems in the past.. the higher level officers are not that bad and listen to ur requests.

Edited by dev997

Yes , they told me the same thing. And I asked if I can contact customs directly, they told me that whole bag from has been seized, they cannot taken out one package alone.

What they say is customs can't hold it indefinitely, they have to release with fine or penalties.

Today I got one of my package stuck with ishop since 1july. Maybe there is good news about to come for all. Fingers crossed.

mail from PPOBox

Hi

If item is used,broken, refurbished etc please mention in description or else custom will charge as new item only. You need to write the complete item description in Enter a new shipment. Also note relating to customs charge the final decision is from customs and they usually charge on the market price of item. Henceforth please remember what ever your are declaring in item description should match with the product or else it will be confiscated and we will cancel your service.

This is really important so all customers please follow it.
Thanks

Yes , they told me the same thing. And I asked if I can contact customs directly, they told me that whole bag from has been seized, they cannot taken out one package alone.

What they say is customs can't hold it indefinitely, they have to release with fine or penalties.

As far as I know they can hold the item for fraud investigation upto 90 days and if they couldn't get a good enough proof , they will release it.. little bit push from ppo guys and agreement on fine should do that earlier. Lets hope it get resolved quickly.. my best guess is that bag might be thrown at some corner and noone in custom is currently giving a sh*t about it...

Beware. As per Indian law - Import of Used Mobile Phone is banned. So don't use "Used" word in description.

thats what I was thinking, how can any one show Used in custom,

It will be a big issue for an importer to import used items...

PPOBox team is misleading their users

Both my packages left from ppobox today:o

^^^

bola to muze bhi yehi tha....it was 4 days now...

CuteBabyPicIsitFridayYet.jpg

Both my packages left from ppobox today:o

One of mine left the Mumbai hub today too.. one might leave tomorrow.. 2 packages still in NY hub.. but I am sure the problem has been resolved or atleast rolled over for the time being .. :)

Hi,

Does anyone know of a similar service that can be used to shop online from Australian site and get it shipped to India.

Thanks,

Got mine handpicked from their facility. They have increased the declared value of the phone by 50% and charged duty on increased value even after providing them with eBay invoice, item reference etc.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Got mine handpicked from their facility. They have increased the declared value of the phone by 50% and charged duty on increased value even after providing them with eBay invoice, item reference etc.

Which phone was that and whats the declared value ? I have two HTC ONE in NY hub and I think they may overcharge me on them.. :(

Well HTC one they will be declaring not less than 400-450$ and if it is nib then God help.

Finally, I received all my Three parcels today through ppobox.

They were on hold in there NY Hub since July 11th.

So I believe now they have started shipping out the parcels. My shipments were dispatched from NY Hub last Wednesday.

I received the Invoices yesterday morning and Today morning the parcels were delivered.

Finally, I received all my Three parcels today through ppobox.

They were on hold in there NY Hub since July 11th.

So I believe now they have started shipping out the parcels. My shipments were dispatched from NY Hub last Wednesday.

I received the Invoices yesterday morning and Today morning the parcels were delivered.

Yeah.. I also recieved my phone that came to NY hub on 11th july.. Still have 2 more packages in NY hub that reached on 16th July.. hoping to get them shipped soon..

i have received my one package today when i opened it i am surprised to see this it is empty it is simple an usps parcel carton outside of it written 2 lbs and that i recieved the package is of not more then 200gm the package contains iphone 5 32 gb of value 450 usd the package is shipped by usps which is insured and weight of package is 2lbs the package id is 46445 and now what can i do pls advice

i have received my one package today when i opened it i am surprised to see this it is empty it is simple an usps parcel carton outside of it written 2 lbs and that i recieved the package is of not more then 200gm the package contains iphone 5 32 gb of value 450 usd the package is shipped by usps which is insured and weight of package is 2lbs the package id is 46445 and now what can i do pls advice

Before shipping the items from NY hub, PPOBOX does check for the item inside the box I think.. So if there was nothing in the box when u recieved it and ppobox mentioned in the invoice that there is a mobile phone , then u can ask them how can that happen..

Also did u choose the option to insure the item above 10$ value with ppobox ? If u had, u r liable for full refund.

Edited by dev997

yes i have purchase this item from ebay and i had purchased from a reputed seller having a high feedback and i got package in intact condition filled with cotton and cardboard to increase the weight

He's talking abt ppobox insurance..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

yes i have purchase this item from ebay and i had purchased from a reputed seller having a high feedback and i got package in intact condition filled with cotton and cardboard to increase the weight

OK.. and what about the insaurance with ppobox ?

Do one thing.. send a message to the seller informing what happened exactly.. from ur package id, I guess u might not have purchased it for more than 10 days back.. if the seller doesn't give any satisfactory answer.. open the dispute with ebay..

Also tomorrow morning call ppobox and tell them what happened.. ask them if they open the packages at there NY hub and see if the item is there before shipping them here.

Also is the item again checked after they recieve it from mumbai customs.. if u opted for paying extra 2-3% with insaurance for the item, ask them for the refund.

My package is received in New York Hub at 22july.

Today I call ppobox in mumbai the guy says.

you could provide full adress of seller.

I am buy from ebay ebay not provide full address of sellar.

After Discuss with guy I am provide full Address of my Relative.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2