Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

Shop and Ship

Discount code to register at 10 USD is IND76348372 (valid till 31st December 2012)

Good news for PPO Box Customers who want to order stuff from China.

2ypkbr8.png

• Like 2

^^^

Sir ji , there are too many restrictions from china import compare to US /U K

Don't know if this is right place, Did anyone who ordered from PPObox get their shipments, mine is stuck with them from 15 july. According to them they have already dispatched it on 25 from their mumbai hub to me, their tracking shows it reached their mumbai hub on 22. So i believe that its stuck at mumbai hub, but they haven't shipped. They ship by bluedart and in bluedart we can track the package by order no, which currently is showing invalid. Clearly they haven't shipped it and are lying, this makes me suspicious of a scam going on.

PPO box is going through a lot of trouble since 1 July(Customs Issue), not just your's there are more than 100 customers who is facing the same issue like you ... hopefully should be good by 1st week of august

Don't know if this is right place, Did anyone who ordered from PPObox get their shipments, mine is stuck with them from 15 july. According to them they have already dispatched it on 25 from their mumbai hub to me, their tracking shows it reached their mumbai hub on 22. So i believe that its stuck at mumbai hub, but they haven't shipped. They ship by bluedart and in bluedart we can track the package by order no, which currently is showing invalid. Clearly they haven't shipped it and are lying, this makes me suspicious of a scam going on.

If it was stuck at customs, i would have taken that. But the thing is they say they have said that they shipped it 4 days back from their mumbai hub. When i ask them for tracking details they just make one or the other excuse. That's whats making me suspicious, hope that everything gets resolved quickly.

Audit is going on so they will dispatch the items slowly!

Is ppobox better than sns can someone who has used both do a quick comparison please, thanks.

Is ppobox better than sns can someone who has used both do a quick comparison please, thanks.

I have used both service (although SNS I have used very less) and till now PPOBOX was definately better than SNS in almost all respects.. first of all registration was free (but that doesn't matter much to most ppl), shipping was quicker between 3-7 working days from the day it reaches their NY hub and no hasstles like the requirement of order invoice/ transaction details and seller/shipper's name/address.

However now I am expecting that their service standard and consumer experiences are going to get hurt with this regulatory audit. I talked to their manager Sanjay Ghosal on friday and these guys now seem to be very cautious after the audit and even willing to loose business if the custom guidelines are not met to the word.

The biggest thing that bugged me about the SNS was the custom value declaration and duty calculation on that was completely in their hands.. even if u buy a used phone for 200$ whose retail value is 400$ , they used to mark value is 300-350, but in PPOBOX whatever value u declare , fee was caluclated on that. but now , after the audit, even if I am providing them paypal invoices and reasons on why the item is sold significantly cheaper than its price, they are not ready to consider that value for custom fee calc and blatantly say that if it get stuck in custom , then its our responsibility to talk to them and get it cleared.

So, till now PPOBOX experience was really better than SNS and from now I am not so sure.

• Like 2

^^^ They need Shipper/seller address also :surprise: , this is the first time I'm using their service and their customer care stupidly haven't notified me about this problem and after the item reached their hub now they are asking me to expect my item to be delivered by 10-15 WORKING days! :ranting:

^^^ They need Shipper/seller address also :surprise: , this is the first time I'm using their service and their customer care stupidly haven't notified me about this problem and after the item reached their hub now they are asking me to expect my item to be delivered by 10-15 WORKING days! :ranting:

When did u signed up with them ? Two weeks back they sent an email to all their customers with changes in their policies as per custom auditor's guidelines and mentioned that its mandatory to incl sender/shipper's name and complete address as its mentioned in the package.. alternately if u cant provide them that for items currently in transit , u can provide any US address of ur friend or someone u know , which they will incl for the custom's sake.

As for the delay , its gonna take about 20-25 days atleast from the date ur item got to the NY hub during the audit period (1st-20jul) to get the item , as told by their manager,

As for the delay , its gonna take about 20-25 days atleast from the date ur item got to the NY hub during the audit period (1st-20jul) to get the item , as told by their manager,

If that is the case I'm totally pissed off, my item reached their NY hub on 25th morning(EST) so I've to expect it to reach me at the end of August!! :surprise: . Why didn't they inform their customers about this delay?, I was in constant touch with them from 20th July or even before that, but not once I was informed that there would be delay as much as this otherwise I would have used SNS service. I think this thing will hit hard their business.

Update to PPOBOX

they wont ship any mobile to INDIA until custom issues are sorted out ....Also they are not aware of time required for this process

So PPOBOX users you need to either wait for unlimited time or just use any other service..

:oops: was about to open a Professional Account with them..

SNS has always been the best. but higher charges + custom duty matter was the issue with them.

PPO resolved above matters. but worst customer service.

Indian Customs clearance process was working smooth untilled recently, what issues I faced were US exporters not declaring reasonable value of the handset, or no declaration at all. In the process, the shipments arrives in India but due to discrepancy in value, its held up or returned back to US. It was mere good luck that after Customs returned the shipments back to US, we got full 100% refund. Another alternative could be myus.com. This company does not involve ICC or PPObox, no USPS but only Fedex and DHL. New changed guidelines given to us are each parcel should contain 1-2 handsets only or Customs will confiscate the goods.

Sent from my N5100 Samsung Galaxy Note 8

By myus is costly but quick as well

sent from DNA

If that is the case I'm totally pissed off, my item reached their NY hub on 25th morning(EST) so I've to expect it to reach me at the end of August!! :surprise: . Why didn't they inform their customers about this delay?, I was in constant touch with them from 20th July or even before that, but not once I was informed that there would be delay as much as this otherwise I would have used SNS service. I think this thing will hit hard their business.

yes, its already hampering mine... I have already sold 2 of the three handsets I currently have with them stuck in NY hub and already took the advance 2 weeks back. Now I may have to return them the advance and again search for new buyers.. this totally blows.. very pissed off right now :ranting:

I have used MyUs.com in past, it is too costly.

Also same custom problem applies to MyUS

I have paid good sum for clearing custom in past....

So only option is to wait and watch....

Hi,

I have been following this topic closely since last few days.

I have my 3 phones stuck with ppobox since 10th July at there NY hub.

I have been in touch with Mr. Ghoshal only to know that the parcels would be shipped soon without any tentative time frame.

I just had a conversation with Mr. Vinod in NY HUB few mins back and got to know that they have slowly started shipping out the mobile phones.

If everything goes well with the customs, they will be increasing the quantity slowly.

That was what I was told.

I think the only option we have as of now is to be positive and hope for the best.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Hope everything will get solved soon

sent from DNA

Is it only happening to their clients with consignments originated from US or the service is affected for consignments from UK, as well..

what are the other options, other than ppobox, for UK.

Is it only happening to their clients with consignments originated from US or the service is affected for consignments from UK, as well..

what are the other options, other than ppobox, for UK.

Since the issue with custom audits in Mumbai , I am sure both US and UK shipments are being held due to this..

^^^

I think it is something to do with PPOBOX only,

If their is problem in Mumbai custom then why dont they use Chennai/Bagalore port or delhi port etc.. :doh:

^^^

I think it is something to do with PPOBOX only,

If their is problem in Mumbai custom then why dont they use Chennai/Bagalore port or delhi port etc.. :doh:

I am pretty sure that its because they only have one office and its in Mumbai.. Also I am not saying that its the issue with Mumbai customs , but customs dept in general. The real problem as I can grasp from them is that no matter whatever is the condition of the phone , used, bad esn/imei , with/without box/accessories or cosmetic/working damages, custom ppl are adamant at valuation of item at its retail price for calculation of custom.

For eg : I have a iphone 5 without box and accessories and bad IMEI which I bought for 375$ but they fear that custom will be charged on 600$ value. This is why they are taking things slow till they can convince custom dept about taking invoices and actual value in consideration.