Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

Well. we are all blaming to PPO but I guess many people are abusing their services by under declaring the value of items. Somewhat, those people are also responsible for this mess.

i dont think so.

PPO guys doing this for huge profit from our products by saving duties.

now they are stuck due to this so they are fustrated now.

i used PPOBox first time on christmus and getting too fustrate with ppo box services.

Mine item still not shipped. :(

Anyone ever imported a camera via PPOBOX? How much was the price (USD) and how much you paid (INR) to PPObox?

Edited by Shivam15

Paid an invoice of item nearly 80% of its purchase value. Looks like there is no governance of billing and customs. Parcels received recently in Mumbai have started clearing and items shipped before Christmas are still pending.

Was your item a Mobile phone? Did you fudge your valuation? Did you provide Original Seller invoice and Payment details?

We normally present invoice just after purchase for each item even before this recent necessity of documentation. Also have items in HSG and comgateway and myUS, but all are getting delivered smoothly. Strange thing is there is no official circular from customs department of the rules getting stringent, called up several custom clearance agents in Andheri and customs department but they have not received or issued any notice for declaration or valuation. Even USPS international flat rate envelope service got delivered yesterday, on time and as mentioned $59 postage. I and my associates have provided paypal and bank statement for all purchases but still are charged as per market value of brand new phones. We require to have customs clearance receipt in order to use PPObox further. There is discrepancy in information among PPObox officials in the feedback we get when we call or email. Irony in my case is I decided to switch over to ppobox completely in December and ordered some handsets, and this is the state of affairs in the first month of using its services. The scene is going back in time when the parent company, ICCworld, mishandled items worth lacs of rupees in 2012.

Looks like many shipments are stuck..

PPO invoice mailbox is over limit.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:
invoices@ppobox.com
Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

The error that the other server returned was:
452 <invoices@ppobox.com> Mailbox size limit exceeded

Yes

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

So on Sunday, USA and India PPObox offices are closed?

Yes. USA offices are also closed on Saturdays.

When this situation happened back in July 2013, they started charging high customs on some of my packages for which i said that i will pay the duties but you have to provide me with the BOE receipts for which they assured me that will indeed email me all the docs. Since then i have not received any updates regarding this matter. As far as my understanding goes, this is both PPOBOX and customers fault, ppo guys should have been clear with the customs department from the start and thr clients should have been fair to the service. I know many people who import phones in bulk and undervalue thr shipments to save on customs. As per my understanding about the PPO scenario is that they never pays the customs, they are either bribing the officials or getting the stuff cleared by some other means. I have been always fair to them since the start and always provided even the order numbers so that incase they are doubtful about the price they can cross check it. If they are genuinely interested in solving everyone's issues, they should provide option to upload the item link with an attachment option to upload the payment receipt of paypal or ebay just like SnS. These guys seems to be loosing control of the operations, we might need some other alternatives now. Only issue with SnS is they have no control over the custom duties, we have to pay double the item price as custom duties in some cases, if this issue gets resolved by SnS, i m certainly sure that alteast 60-70% of the people will swtich to SnS.

• Like 1

Alright. Thanx

The worst thing about them is that they don't update the status of item received. Atleast they should update it as soon as they get it in their NY office so that customer wont have to worry about their item if it reached to them or not.

Alright. Thanx

The worst thing about them is that they don't update the status of item received. Atleast they should update it as soon as they get it in their NY office so that customer wont have to worry about their item if it reached to them or not.

Unlike SnS, PPOBox updates you only after they forward the item in India. Don`t know why!

Edited by slightee

My parcel recieved in NY hub on 2 jan still they dont update as item recieve at NY hub or not shipped to india.

Getting worst now in this weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as package is received in Ppobox they keep in outward section ans mark it ready to ship.

And send us a mail regarding same.

Till date I have not face any delay in same

Sent from my HERO200

You are lucky bro :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

As soon as package is received in Ppobox they keep in outward section ans mark it ready to ship.

Sent from my HERO200

In my case, it was delivered last monday on 30th December to Mr.Kuniyl. But still there is no email from them that they have received the item. :(

Is it gonna show up as received, the day they ship it for India?

Sent from my HERO200

In my case, it was delivered last monday on 30th December to Mr.Kuniyl. But still there is no email from them that they have received the item. :(

Is it gonna show up as received, the day they ship it for India?

Most likely. A lot of packages are held up in NY. I can confirm that KUNIYL works for them. He/She has signed a lot of my UPS packages.

As far as I know, kuniyl is local postman. They themselves sign it and keep the packages at one place in post office itself. Person from NY hub goes once in a day and collect all the packages. This practice they follow since they receive so many packages in a day that its difficult to deliver each.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

As far as I know, kuniyl is local postman. They themselves sign it and keep the packages at one place in post office itself. Person from NY hub goes once in a day and collect all the packages. This practice they follow since they receive so many packages in a day that its difficult to deliver each.

Oh, that's some info I didn't knew. Maybe this is why PPObox don't want us to ship using USPS. There are chances of missing shipments..

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

But my package was delivered via UPS and not USPS.

I hope today they ship my item. :P

My package finally cleared. Received Invoice today :) Duty charged at 7%. Mobile phone...

Those looking for SnS discount code - IND52735173

My package finally cleared. Received Invoice today :) Duty charged at 7%. Mobile phone...

7% as per Indian rate? or USA rate at which you purchased it?

<p>My mobile valued 20356 charged by ppobox</p><p>Item Actual Weight Including Volumetric (lbs.): 1.72</p><p> </p><p>ICC Shipping, Handling & Clearance Fees: Rs. 1,216</p><p>Insurance Fees: Rs. 415.8</p><p> </p><p>Customs Duty: Rs. 1,386 </p><p> </p><p>Service Tax: Rs. 150</p><p> </p><p>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p>Total Due: 3,168</p><p> </p><p>Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk</p><p> </p><p> </p>

<p>Second one charged for 19500 </p><p> Item Actual Weight Including Volumetric (lbs.): 1.37</p><p> </p><p>ICC Shipping, Handling & Clearance Fees: Rs. 894</p><p>Insurance Fees: Rs. 378</p><p> </p><p>Customs Duty: Rs. 1,761 </p><p> </p><p>Service Tax: Rs. 157</p><p> </p><p>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p>Total Due: 3,190</p><p> </p><p>Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk</p><p> </p><p> </p>

• Like 1

Due to dis PPO shipment delay i had imported few phones using HOPSHOPGO(comgateway) ,they had shipped it via Fedex

Now the package is in mumbai hub and now fedex is asking me lots of documents

I have only paypal invoice of the them

Plz help me guys if any of u have faced this issue before

This is with reference to your import shipment vide our above AWB # 797536321XXX (BILL TO _ CONSIGNEE)
which has arrived in Mumbai on courier mode and is detained in customs for REGULAR BILL OF ENTRY.
Please revert if you would like FedEx or your broker agents to clear the shipment. Just in case your broker agents will be clearing the same, they can arrange to collect the documents from our office. Address mentioned below.
Federal Express India Pvt Ltd.
C/o Express Council of India (EICI) Terminal
Room # F 8
Next to Sahar Cargo Complex,
Sahar
Mumbai 400 099
In case you want FedEx to clear this shipment we will require following documents stamp and signed.
1) Authorization letter addressed to Dy. Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai authorizing M/s Federal Express India Pvt Ltd as your clearing agent to clear the shipment on your behalf.
2) Import Export code copy.
3) GATT & import declaration 01 copies stamped and signed (attachment attached above).
4) Letter on your letter head stating what are the items and the purpose and end use of the shipment
5) Price list of each item / purchase order or previous bill of entry cleared of similar item.
6) Catalogues / Technical write-up / Manufacturer's Pricelist
7) Bank remittance copy
8) If the item is for Sale purpose, please forward the MRP declaration on letter head and MRP stickers
If delivery is out side Mumbai we require :
9) Three Copies Of Original N form Duly stamp and Signed ( original required )
10) Original N form under taking duly stamp and signed (( original required )
11) original)
12) Sales Tax , Vat Tax Or n form Facility.
Attached above is the airway bill and invoice for your reference.
Formal Clearance process takes 02-03 working days
Clearance Charges: Rs. 1750/ -
All other receipted charges at actual
Apart from this re-imbursement charges INR 300 or 2.5% (whichever is higher) + Warehouse charges + Service Tax.
Please scan and send the above documents on the above email id or courier the same to the address below.
Debbie D’ Mello / Yamini Shenvi/ Ganesh Kasare
Federal Express India Pvt Ltd.
C/o Express Council of India (EICI) Terminal
Room # F 8
Next to Sahar Cargo Complex,
Sahar
Mumbai 400 099
Please feel free to ask if you require any further information/assistance.
Thanks & Regards,

7% as per Indian rate? or USA rate at which you purchased it?

7% on invoice value in USD..

My package has also cleared customs. Tax charged was approx 7% of declared value. I had provided Original Seller invoice and Payment details.

@amit gupta

:censored3: No words for reply !

just pick up the phone and talk to them :nerves: :nerves: :nerves: :nerves: :nerves: