Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rakesh5295

Should RIMweb ask for donations/subscriptions?

I just wanted to know from the makers and administrators of rimweb.com that the working of rimweb.com must be needing some funds? just wanted to know whats the cost of it for a month and who is bearing it?

i think that rimweb.com also needs funding as it has its cost to be online. yes its getting add thats a great thing but if in future it needs fund then what? this poll is a way to know why which the administrators can know what amount each member is willing to give irrespective of any force in the name of fees , registration charges i.e. looking at the benfits of the fourm each member takes initiative wthout any force. well how much will u donate?

I doubt that people will pay to be a member.

I understand that hosting, domain and designing is not free. But for such a site, if members have to pay then 90% members will disappear.

This site is not official website of RIL/RIM. Not even 1% subscribers of RIM are member of this site. Hence response to fees for membership is not at all good idea.

Moderators should take my opinion in healthy spirit. This site is mostly used by members for complaints. Very few members are regular in posting and really helping others by giving them true information. Such information should also available at RWW, *333 etc. Many news items or information is listed from RIM web or other agency.

Hence inviting membership fees is not at all good idea. Such idea can reduce members and popularity of website is also lost.

For funding, advertisements are good medium. Selling accessories for RIM phones or e-comerce related to RIM is good choice for earning or recovering expenses. Web owner can also start giving ringtones + wall papers + sms a day etc on chargeble basis.

I agree with Dhirens certainly the membership will rduce drasticallly if we start collecting funds and anyways if you look on the web biggest of the sites on the web make money by advertising/e-marketing(and that is by incresing the no of people visiting their site daily)....

Why do you think google offfers free indexing service for such a large databse on web, and why does yahoo/msn/rediff offer mail services for free... that is to

increase the no of people visiting their site everyday....

Also I personally feel that the real strength of a discussion forum like RIMWEB is in people supporting others in solving their problems... And this can only be if we have a large no of members...

Look at your poll only had there been just ten members in this forum with three admin then would that poll been relevant... YOu can expect fair participation only if you make the resources open to people...

Any comments from the Administrators on this???

I didnt mean membership fees etc. just say the cost of the forum we can share will small contribution. its true the forum is yet to expand more but one thing i cna tell u the problem solving here what i have found is accuracy i.e. many a times the *333 tels us wrong infromation but the forum is mostly with accurate solutions with so many users to share expericee. i didint ment any fees but as we find solutions to our problem just like a sense of loyalty what shall we come forward with in case of need. me not a moderator and neither any moderator has asked money becuase i think they r well prepared and looking for more adds.

I think that people who are willing to make small contribution for a common cause should be welcomed!!

I guess Rakesh is talking about "contributions/donations" rather than "membership". Well, there is no urgency atleast for the time being for any extra funds from the members for the smooth running of the forum. I am even collecting money earned from the banners and the RIM Accessories shopping website... for purchasing a license for Invision Power Board. All I request the members to do, is to keep continuing to post in the forum, spread the word about RIMweb.com, purchase RIM Acessories, and also, don't forget to check out our sponsor websites on the top and bottom. Anyway, thanks for asking, Rakesh !

forums are good platform to share information. It helps people find solutions too. However general belief is that net is free. Charges are not a bad idea. Infact nothing should be free. But charges should be so that it does not pinches any one.

Rather than donation membership or subscription is desirable. Remember story of Akbar and birbal, where every one dropped water in tank instead of milk, thnking if I only drop water in so much of milk no one will notice.

Also if forum is to be made paid, then it should be open to all discussion, I mean technical side too. Just discussing about terriff and ring tones and wall paper makes no sense.

im planning to start an unofficial forum for my college ( might get permission to make it official later, hopefully). We do a lot of work on computers.. so it wont be a bad idea. can some1 tell me what would be a good option (which board .. hosting.. domain..etc..).. also my budget is extremely limited untill the forum is made official... Also no. of members will vary from 50-300 MAX.. thanks in advance

vb86, I've sent you a PM regarding it.

It is indeed a good idea to have some subscription/donation.

The Forum could become a formal Association of all RIM users in India.

Association can formally and legally takeup issues with Relaince, TRAI, TDSAT. It can even start legal cases against Relaince on issues affecting RIM community.