Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

Please correct me if I am wrong. The mdn no is my 10 digit reliance mobile number and the min number is the number which I get by pressing "my profile" in contacts menu. (also mentioned as line 1 in elixir)

@Joshm, can you please help with my problem described in page 13?

@ Maverick : yes MDN is infact your mobile umber the 10 digits

Min number : should be noted down just in case you lose your connectivity.

@ renu : all u need to do is follow the procedure of flashing EH03 GB Rom via ODIN , read the tutorail its pretty much self explanatory .

before that download super backup from market and backup , your contacts, smses , and and similar stuff

onec you are on eh03 redownload superbckup and resore everything.

mind it your apps cant be backed up with superbackup.

@ Maverick : yes MDN is infact your mobile umber the 10 digits

Min number : should be noted down just in case you lose your connectivity.

Is MIN Number as mentioned by me above? mine is something like 0000001923.

Is it correct

Edited by Maverick75

min o is found under

settings > about phone > status > Min

its a 10 digit number : LOL how can i tell if its right or wrong, but its found where i have mentioned.

@joshm,

I had read about it earlier how to find MIN no but asked here because it is not found/mentioned in my phone's settings > about phone > status > Min menu

It just shows me Batt Status, batt level, PRL version, MEID, Network etc. (maybe its not available on Reliance handsets).

I see a 10 digit number mentioned when i go to "contacts - My profile".

o yes my bad , you wont have that on reliance.

no worries just follow the above procedure and see if you can flash eh03 , Hitesh has elaborated the cdma workshop method in detail , its pretty simple

and let me know

@ renu : all u need to do is follow the procedure of flashing EH03 GB Rom via ODIN , read the tutorail its pretty much self explanatory .

before that download super backup from market and backup , your contacts, smses , and and similar stuff

Hi Joshm,

Thank you for the reply :)

This explanation in steps given by you seems straight forward enough to me.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/32723-verizon-fascinate-i500-gets-first-official-gingerbread-leak-in-eh03/page__st__15__p__249424#entry249424

"1.. download ODIN on ur PC"

Except that I can't find the link to the ODIN file. The links in the first page are expired. Can you give me some working link plz?

Thank you,

Renuka Prasad.

Hi Joshm,

The Rapidshare link to download EH03 tar is the only one which is still valid. I tried to download the tar file thrice now, failed at about 25% each time because of time out. (I got a 4Mbps airtel line which is pretty fast for everything else except with a rapidshare free account) If possible, can you please put the file in a torrent and give us the link? (Piratebay or isohunt or mininova or any other site)

Thank you,

Renuka Prasad.

Updates..

Found Odin here

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=12679

Downloaded the EH03 TAR file from here.

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|836p1|1817565716|CI500_VZW_EH03_GB_CM.tar.md5|471101|R~5F14523BB0C13CF966D9BB89F336BDDC|0|0

Proceeding with the 14 steps in given by Joshm here..

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/32723-verizon-fascinate-i500-gets-first-official-gingerbread-leak-in-eh03/page__st__15__p__249424#entry249424

Edited by renu.iitkgp

at last a good news Maverick is able to EH03 GB Rom.

By online help of sunil, as i talk with phone.

Welcome to Ginger Bread club Maverick.Boy%20Thumbs%20Up.gif

@Maverick

you should mention here. every body should know.

Hi Joshm & Amit,

I flashed the EH03 GB through GB as instructed. The process was a success, took 3 minutes.

When I rebooted, I was on Gingerbread. And lo, Reliance signal and Data intact. Could make and receive calls.

I am stuck with the problem Amitroutrey encountered.. media scanner runs in a loop and with the language screen <English, Espanol>. (I had to get to the dial pad through hit and trial as a matter of chance).

Did the following things after I went through your solutions in Page 7

1) Put my phone in the USB Modem mode (By dialing **87284 and selecting Modem under USB)

2) Started CDMA Workshop

3) Connected Phone (From device manager, found out the properties to be Port#0001 Hub#0002 -> Had to guess through hit and trial that it meant Com21)

4) Clicked on "Read" in CDMA workshop.

It worked, It got me the device details.. connected

Software: SOAVAZ43

Compiled: Aug 03 2011 10:11:12

Released: Aug 03 2011 i500.04

ESN: 0x80CE1097

SCM: 0x3A

CAI Rev.: 6

Number: (216) 0977489

Lock Code: 8311

Standart: IS-2000 Rev 0

Chipset: Unknown

Chipset V2: Unknown

Now that is something.

5) On CDMA Workshop, navigated to Security -> SPC -> Default (nv_read) --> Entered 000000

6) Clicked on SPC button. Got the options (Send, Write)

7) When I selected "Send",

I got the message "PHONE DOES NOT ACCEPT SPC. SPC IS NOT CORRECT. PHONE MAY NOT RESPOND DURING 10 SECONDS".

8) When I selected "Write",

I got the message "PHONE ASKS FOR SPC. SPC (6 DIGITS) IS REQUIRED".

Apparently the SPC 000000 is incorrect. I am still stuck there. Please help me guys :(

Thanks and Regards,

Renuka Prasad.

at last a good news Maverick is able to EH03 GB Rom.

By online help of sunil, as i talk with phone.

Welcome to Ginger Bread club Maverick.Boy%20Thumbs%20Up.gif

@Maverick

you should mention here. every body should know.

Yes Yes Yes....

I am finally on GB and enjoying every bit of it. ...

Thanks to Joshm, Amitroutray (who called me up and refered Sunil romy) and last but not at all least Sunilromy who through teamviewer helped me get through the Language option screen which was bugging me since days.

Thanks everyone for the help. And yes , sorry for the late reply, was kinda busy with some personal work so couldnt post soon.

Regards,

maverick75 aka swapnil

Samsung Fascinte EH03 with geewiz rom and kernal..

Edited by Maverick75

good for you mate :)

Update:

I remember, in March 2011, I had a problem with Reliance Data not working.. and had to find out the SPC no.

000000 is not correct.

SPC - 260058 worked and got the message "SPC is correct. Phone is unlocked".

Then I went to NAM settings -> DIR_Number -> <Entered my Phone Number> --> Clicked "Write".

Result:

Write MIN1... Skipped

Write MIN2... Skipped

Write Directory number... Success

Write Banner... Skipped

Write NAM name... Skipped

Write MCC... Skipped

Write MNC... Skipped

Write SID/NID pairs... Skipped

Write Primary channels... Skipped

Write Secondary channels... Skipped

Write SCM... Skipped

Write SCI... Skipped

Write Accolc... Skipped

Write Current NAM... Skipped

Write True IMSI... Skipped

Write PRL status... Skipped

Write System selection... Skipped

Write Otapa status... Skipped

Rebooted the phone.

Result:

1) Ginger Bread (EH03) is there and the Language Screen went away.

2) Data (1x) which was there after I Odined EH03 is no longer there.

3) Full Verizon Binged version with all the bloatware

4) Cannot access the <Running apps>. Usually in any other phone with 2.2 +, you drag down the black bar on the top, and you can see the currently running apps.

I don't see that feature in this.

Questions:

1) How do I restore my data? I guess, I do the same thing from this thread..

2) Do I have to root my phone to restore the backed up contacts, smses, call log, apps etc?

3) How do I get EVDO?

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Renuka Prasad.

@ Renuka :

1.. well u ll have to repeat that process to restore DATA , i suggest ask for the dump files of 1x or 3G and save them someplace safe, so that you can flash em via cdma workshop as and when needed.

2.. not really there are plenty of apps that you can use from market , one of em is SUPER BACKUP its small and helps to backup , sms and contacts, i have always used a rooted structure so i know that with titanium backup root and mybackup root you can do a app , call log , sms , settings, and contacts backup.

if you happen to have a nandroid backup of ur previous ROM then you can just boot into recovery and in backup and restore option and then advanced restore to , restore the data only , this will give you all ur data back.

3.. to get evdo , u need to contact the guy from whom u got this phone , he should ideally arrange for it , once evdo is activated you ll have to choose the plan and afterwards he ll send u the dump file for the 3g , which u can flash into ur phone with CDMA workshop .

otherwise contact the GURUs :)

• Like 1

@ Renuka :

1.. well u ll have to repeat that process to restore DATA , i suggest ask for the dump files of 1x or 3G and save them someplace safe, so that you can flash em via cdma workshop as and when needed.

2.. not really there are plenty of apps that you can use from market , one of em is SUPER BACKUP its small and helps to backup , sms and contacts, i have always used a rooted structure so i know that with titanium backup root and mybackup root you can do a app , call log , sms , settings, and contacts backup.

if you happen to have a nandroid backup of ur previous ROM then you can just boot into recovery and in backup and restore option and then advanced restore to , restore the data only , this will give you all ur data back.

3.. to get evdo , u need to contact the guy from whom u got this phone , he should ideally arrange for it , once evdo is activated you ll have to choose the plan and afterwards he ll send u the dump file for the 3g , which u can flash into ur phone with CDMA workshop .

otherwise contact the GURUs

Thank you Josh, I did the following steps to get 1X back on my phone immediately when I faced the problem.

1) Sent the SPC 260058 through CDMA workshop.

2) Wrote the NV items the attachment (CM27-Data-RWorld-RUIM-906-910.txt) from this post into the memory

http://www.rimweb.in...based-internet/ and saved the settings.

3) Rebooted, and found 1X back.

I used mybackup root and gave it super user access (when on rooted Eclair) and backed up the Data, Calllog, contacts, apps, etc. The back up files are on my sd card. Now I want to restore all the data. Can I simply use mybackup root for that on EH03 or do I need to root this one? I will just try that.

From my post from back in March 2011, I had a few questions.. (I don't remember exactly what I did back then. It would be great if you could kindly give me those answers.)

[The SPC for Samsung Fascinate (sch-i500) is 260058.

The 16-digit password for samsung fascinate is 2010031619780721. Now, I'll proceed to the next steps NVwriting (or what ever the hell it means)

"I have a question though. Isn't SPC service provider code? If so, shouldn't it be dependent on the service provider (in my case, Reliance)? How can that be constant?" Also what is an NV item?]

Tried to contact the guy who sold me the phone, for EVDO an year back, no response from him so far. Is there any other way to get EVDO? I don't know any gurus. Can you plz guide me there?

Update: Installed MyBackup root. It needs root access.. How do I root my phone on EH03?

Edited by renu.iitkgp

Hi Joshm and everyone,

Again, found this link which I used last year to root when I was on Eclair.

http://www.droidforu...-fascinate.html

I did not get a temporary root on the device after section 1 and section 2 in rooting described in this link

http://www.droidforu...html#post819724

Failed after the command: "

mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system"

Got the message: "mount: Operation not permitted"

All the further steps failed.

The only way I can restore my contacts (from a back up file on the sdcard backed up through myBackUp root) is to use myBackUp pro again. For that, I need to root..

The current status is:

1) On Gingerbread with Reliance and 1X data working.

2) Dissatisfied with all the Verizon bloatware and Bing. It doesn't feel like Gingerbread at all.

3) Could not restore the contacts, messages and calllog with myBackUp root as it requires root access. It's frustrating.

4) Whom exactly should I approach for EVDO (given that I can't contact my seller)?

Hope you can help me with these.

Thanks and Regards,

Renuka Prasad.

Edited by renu.iitkgp

I am in a hurry , leaving for work ,

the rooting is pretty simple.

save the Su file on ur sd card - where u can easily access it when i recovery

http://www.mediafire.com/?38vozx7n37u02a5

turn off phone , go in download mode and

flash red recovery via odin > pda pda pda ;)

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/3104151129/cwm-recovery-ALL-3-30-FIX.tar

once done dont reboot , just go straight to recovery , using three fingers ( vol up + vol down + power button)

just flash the su zip when you are in recovery using the zip file flash option and u ll be rooted.

Update:

Going through the steps in this link..

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1238070

1) Installed the drivers, put the su-2.3.6.1.zip file on the sdcard.

2) Started Odin.

3) In downloading mode (large yellow triangle showed up), ODIN detected a device in 2 ports instead of just 1.

I freaked out and disconnected the chord. (Hope I didn't screw up)

Tried the step again, connecting to a different USB port. This time, strangely, I could not enter downloading mode, even though I did everything right.

Luckily after a few hits and trials, I could get the phone into downloading mode. But then the computer said, the device is unrecognized.

Then installed the drivers again and tried the whole things again and again. Each time I connect my phone, the m'fer installs drivers and checks for windows updates for the drivers. (Why each and everytime?? This happens for each and every USB port)

This is really messed up, I just want my contacts and sms es and call log back (all backed up through myBackUp root). Never thought rooting is this tedious.

Plz help me..

Thanks and Regards,

Renuka Prasad.

Additional info:

"Allow installation of non-market sources" is enabled

"USB debugging" and "Mock Locations" are enabled

**USBUI -> USB -> PDA is selected. (Tried the steps with this set as Modem as well)

I tried repeating the steps to root. I just cannot get the phone into download mode :(

Help plz..

Edited by renu.iitkgp

I am in a hurry , leaving for work ,

the rooting is pretty simple.

save the Su file on ur sd card - where u can easily access it when i recovery

http://www.mediafire...38vozx7n37u02a5

turn off phone , go in download mode and

flash red recovery via odin > pda pda pda ;)

https://www.rapidsha...LL-3-30-FIX.tar

once done dont reboot , just go straight to recovery , using three fingers ( vol up + vol down + power button)

just flash the su zip when you are in recovery using the zip file flash option and u ll be rooted.

Hi, Joshm, I just saw your reply. Thanks a lot. Will try that now. (I guess moderator approval of comments, screwed up things here.)

Update: Same problem dude.. just not able to get the phone into download mode.

Should I set **USBUI --> USB to modem or PDA?

This time, I disabled "Allow installation of non-market sources", "USB debugging" and "Mock Locations".

Did I mess up the whole thing? :(

Edited by renu.iitkgp

HI!

I'm on EH03 with Geewiz rom & kernal.2.8. But with this setup i'm getting lot of force close messages from random apps. It happens atleast twice daily. & today my phone just shut down just like that.

Any suggestions guys ???

Regards,

Swapnil

Hi Swapnil,

you should wipe your cache and data first Aur try only wiping. Then you flash again.

@ Maverick : looks like you really are having a toughy with the phone and GB , ;)

anyways

just wipe data , cache and may be even dalvik , dont restore previously saved data this time do everything a fresh ,

btw can u tell which kernel are you on !! is it stock or the Geewiz

just in case also reflash the kernel

http://www.mediafire.com/file/57a6kf6ics6lcxz/geewiz-2.8-kernel-04162012.zip