Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

@renu

Have you got your EVDO service activated from Reliance? You need to call the call centre to get this activated. A typical conversation from them would be that it is already activated but then ask them to deactivate & then reactivate it again . You will also need to go for android specific data plans (which are same as netconnect+ plans 1GB @ 650/-, 2GB@750/-& so on). This takes couple of days. I had had a tough time getting the service activated on my handset (almost a month). Almost all the CC guys are totally unaware of this setting and some funny souls out there ask you to change your SIM to OMH (thats how much they know what they sell) .

Dear Joshm and friends

I am using Stock EH03 for the last couple of months without any problem provided by our Genius Joshm. Now my phone settings shows like

Hardware Version: I500.04

Firmware Ver: 2.3.5

Baseband Ver: S:i500.04 V.EH03

KErnel Ver: 2.6.35.7

Build NO: SCH-I500.EH03

going thru the posts i found the Geewiz rom is good. I want to switch my phone to this rom. SO what are the steps I needed to do. Please help. I also found some procedures regarding chaning the rom but i got confused... please help

1.. backup all data , and apps in ur phone : use my backup root , or titanium backup root or just use Super backup ( this only backs up sms , comtacts , and call logs - no apps - but its easy , apps can be downloaded again via market )

2.. Download following and store in ur SD card

GeeWiz 2.8 ROM (EDIFY Update-Zip)

http://www.mediafire...em-04162012.zip

MD5: 545bdaab587432b856a6b066ae2972d8

GeeWiz 2.8 Kernel (EDIFY Update-Zip)

http://www.mediafire...el-04162012.zip

MD5: f410e8135379295da7226f858336d2d8

3.. Turn off phone : Remove battery go to download mode and Flash the RED recovery with ODIN in PDA option

RED RECOVERY 2.5.1.x : https://www.rapidshare.com/files/3104151129/cwm-recovery-ALL-3-30-FIX.tar

4.. once this flash completes : put the battery back inside : reboot into recovery straightaway by pressing together VOL UP + VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON

5.. once in recovery : wipe data : wipe cache : wipe dalvik cache ( simply DATA wipe will do alone as well )

and by using flash zip option : flash the geewiz 2.8 SYSTEM : and once it completes : flash the 2.8 kernel , in the same manner and in this same session.

6.. reboot and now you are on GINGERBREAD EH03 based ultra snappy geewiz rom which is totally clean and debloated and with the EH03 modem.

• Like 1

Hi,

Can somebody post a working link for downloading the stock EH03 odin file, have tried but could not find any working links including the one in the OP. Trying to upgrade a friend's fascy from froyo to GB.

Also there is some conflict in my laptop setup and Odin does not work, hopefully I can unzip the odin tar and use it with heimdall??

Thanks

Finally found one that downloaded properly. Upgraded to EH03, friend should be happy after he uses.

Thanks a ton guys.

dear joshm

i also want to move to geewiz rom and have seen your ans to jabir query and will study and follow it

additionally i also want to remove all the old files/data etc want to even format the sd card (i want to start like a fresh instrument)

do i need to do anything other than the steps mension in the ans to jabirs query

jasmin shah

• Like 1

@ Jasmin : yes thats about it TBH

SD card can be formatted anytime really, once you are sure that you have installed everything properly then just connect your phone with the pC and copy all the contents of the card in a folder and then use the phone to formt it.

STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO FLASH THE LATEST ICS AOKP ROM TO YOUR FASCINATE

REQUEST to THE ADMIN : to copy and paste this in the OP as well

Alright as promised here is the Guide on How you can update your FASCINATE to the ICS Rom :)

First up there is no official samsung or verizon UPDATE available for ICS and i doubt there ever will be.

The Rom I am gonna present here is actually been developed from the android ICS source directly by the TEAM KANG.

There have been many updates of this Rom , as many is more than 30 , The Version I have tried and tested is the LATEST version called

Android Open Kang Project Fascinate Milestone-5 (4.0.4) released on 29-4-12.

Please note that after M5 , there have been two more updates to AOKP , build 35 and build 35.1 , but M5 is utterly stable thats why this guide refers to M5 only , the later builds have different updates which are not very significant.

Feature List

* Android 4.0.3 -- ITL41F

* Unsecure boot.img (stock AOSP kernel)

* Superuser & Busybox preinstalled

* Deodexed

* 180 Degree rotation

* Built in performance/init.d configuration (Thanks Kejar & company)

* CM Launcher/ Power Menu

* CM Brightness slider

* Custom color for anything in RC

* Clock Color/Location: Right, Center, Disable

* Battery Icon/ Color Picker: CircleMod, Bar, Text Only, Icon Only, Icon+Text or None

* Battery Bar in Status Bar or Nav Bar, Bar Thickness, Charging animation

* Nav Bar Transparency

* Nav Bar Button Reorder: Back-Home-Search-Menu

* Nav Bar Color Picker

* Nav Bar Button Glow Duration: Off, Fast, Slow

* Nav Bar: Long press to Search button

* Nav Bar Hide on Lockscreen

* Toggles in Pull Down Menu: Auto rotate, Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi, Aiplane mode, Vibrate, Silent, Sync, Data, 4G, Tethering, Torch, Brightness

* LCD Density (Careful with this)

* Menu Button location: Right, Left, both, Remove

* Menu Button Visability: Always show, Always show Invisible Icons

* Lockscreen Style: Quad, Octo, Stock

* Lockscreen SMS customizable shortcut

* Lockscreen Horizontal Option

* Performance Menu: (Use With Caution) Max/ Min CPU, Scaling Governor

* Unlock Sceen with Legacy Menu Icon

* Volume Key to Wake Screen

* Volume Key to Skip Tracks

* Long-press back button to kill process

* Disable CRT off animation

* LED pulse settings (time on/off)

* ICS ringtones/notification sounds

* Customize carrier text to whatever.

* Power Menu options: Boot to recovery/ Boot loader, Reboot, Screenshot

* Facebook contact sync integration (must wipe to get this)

* Disable Boot animation

* Keyboard: Volume keys act as a cursor while typing -- disable in keyboard options

* Long press home for recent apps (thanks brucekey)

DOWNLOAD

Glitched up AOKP ICS build - Version MILESTONE 5 ( recommended )

This is the version which has the official glitch kernel in it plus a lot of other performance tweaks.

I urge all to use only this version as i have extensively tested it and it performs way way better than the STOCK AOKP.

http://nightly.exynos.co/aokp/fascinate/

download the latest build ( mostly mentioned at the top ) among all.

or download from this link

http://www.mediafire.com/?wzax5fcpd6kgm1t

===============================

Stock AOKP build ( not recommended - mentioning just out of respect for the STCK work of the TEAM KANG tbh

The Official Stock builds can be downloaded from here

http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases/_/milestone-5-r20

just scroll down and choose any of the three mirrors mentioned in FASCINATEMTD

http://www.mediafire.com/?c6xapte5d9q5kb7

===================================

Team Hacksungs Build 1

This Rom is needed to make proper partitions and file structures in your phone so that we can flash the ICS build.

This is a must : without first flashing this you cant use ICS.

http://www.mediafire.com/?67782p054lp6o22

ClockworkMod Recovery fixed for CM9 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?fl733m5cys3f6ea

Google apps :

At the end of the download list there is a link to the google apps as well called GAPPS

download that as well.

http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases/_/milestone-5-r20

http://www.mediafire.com/?3tv6px3g7zm4mi1

Data Fix :

More often than not , the data breaks after flashing the ICS builds, this file will be needed to restore data connectivity.

http://www.mediafire.com/?srqv32venglftmq

====================================

Other Things which you might require if you dont have em already

ODIN :

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ipsaf418ah8gr5

Atlas Pit 2.2 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?19fo7ftwgz8tgr8

EH03 STOCK official verizon GB :

http://www.imnuts.org/downloads/fascinate/odin/CI500_VZW_EH03_GB_CM.tar.md5

OR

http://www.mediafire.com/?g4afpb8u522oj2y
http://www.mediafire.com/?r4fi9gl59j832yl

========================================================================

INSTALLATION :

The Pre requisite to flash the ICS AOKP build is that you should be on STOCK EH03

( or any other EH03 TOUCHwiz based ROM like

GEEWIZ ( tested over it and works great )

comm rom

resurrection - if the flash over the EH03 custom ROMs fails then you ll have to flash the stock EH03 and start again from there.

To know how to flash the stock EH03 please refer page 1 and also use the atlas pit file while moving to eh03 stock with the repartition option clicked in ODIN)

If you are ready then here are the steps :

1 .. Make a nandroid backup of your current ROM ( better safe than sorry - just in case you messup anything )

If you dont know how to make a nandroid backup then ask around , may be in a couple of days i ll write a smallish tutorial for that too.

2 .. Transfer the following to ur SD card

THS build 1 ( team hacksung build 1 )

ICS GLITCHED UP milestone 5 ROM

ICS_datafix zip file

GAPPS zip file

3.. turn off your phone > remove battery > attach the usb cable and put it in download mode ( press vol down and insert the usb cable which is already connected to your PC )

4.. Open ODIN > click PDA > select the file ClockworkMod Recovery fixed for CM9 > and flash it

this will flash a CM9 specific , fixed CWM recovery which is needed to proceed from here on.

5.. put battery in > reboot into your new BLUE CM9 fixed recovery by pressing together VOL UP + VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON

6.. wipe data > wipe cache > wipe dalvik

after that using the flash zip file option in CWM > flash the THS build 1

once completed reboot phone - ( its is very very important that the ROM is fully booted after flashing the THS coz this changes the file structure according to the MTD.

7.. press the power button > in the shutdown menu options > select reboot > select recovery . the phone will booted in your blue recovery now

( PLEASE NOTE ONCE YOU HAVE FLASHED THS OR AOKP BUILDS YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AND REBOOT INTO RECOVERY WITH THE 3 FINGERS - NEVER , ALWAYS USE THE POWER MENU OPTION)

8.. Once in blue recovery > wipe data > flash the aokp GLITCHED milestone 5 build ( mentioned at number 1 ) > then flash the GAPPS > in the end flash the ICS_datafix files

9.. once completed reboot the phone - and you are on AOKP ICS - it ll take more than 5 minutes for it to properly boot.

setup ur google account > download the necessary apps from the market like gmail and maps and all and enjoy ur build

it takes a bit to get used to ICS but the AOKP has a great ROM - there are plenty of options available , to which i cant write a guide you should look into ROM feature on the developers site.

• Like 6

LOL looks like the BB code got messed in the post :P

and i cant edit it now too .

STAFF plz help me out move this to OP as well .

Hi Maverick,

Sorry for the late reply. I called up the customer care (*355) and placed a request to activate EVDO. I was asked a few details like phone no, model number, name on which the number is registered, date of birth, and whether OMH card is installed or not (to which I said yes).

I was given a service request number and was told that it would take 2-5 days to get EVDO activated.

Thank you Josh, Maverick, Amit, Arun and Parin for the help and support :)

I am still on Stock EH03 (rooted) btw. I don't quite hate it except when I see that too many unnecessary background processes take up memory. I will probably use it for a couple more weeks before I switch to Geewiz or super clean or what ever is recommended, and later ICS..

@renu

Have you got your EVDO service activated from Reliance? You need to call the call centre to get this activated. A typical conversation from them would be that it is already activated but then ask them to deactivate & then reactivate it again . You will also need to go for android specific data plans (which are same as netconnect+ plans 1GB @ 650/-, 2GB@750/-& so on). This takes couple of days. I had had a tough time getting the service activated on my handset (almost a month). Almost all the CC guys are totally unaware of this setting and some funny souls out there ask you to change your SIM to OMH (thats how much they know what they sell) .

@joshm.........

1) Kindly refer to the image, the baseband version on my phone still shows EH18. I think it should have been EH03 as i had directly flashed geewiz 2.8 rom & kernal on EH18 setup. Do i need to do any changes?

2) If i have to flash FC27 radio ( just the radio), can i directly flash it on this setup?

3) The ICS guide is tempting me to upgrade again but i think i will wait for some more time, i guess, maybe till weekend to get myself acquainted with the procedure.

@renuka,.... happy to help Anytime.... I learned this from the Rimweb community .......they have been always soooo helpfull... :-) :Sorprendido:

post-9974-0-88197400-1336984272_thumb.jp

Hi Joshm...after flashing THS build 1 the touch isnt working properly. Im not able to reboot into recovery via the power button option coz the touch dosent seem to be calibrated. If i select recovery and try to press ok it gets cancelled. Am stuck here and need your help.Thanks in advance.

I repeated all the steps from the beginning and was able to reboot into recovery via the power button option and completed flashing all the other files...Now my phone is stuck in the GALAXY S CYANOGEN {MOD} screen and not going any further. Should i repeat the steps again?

Edited by sliver1

@ maverick : thats the radio version , dont worry it ll work great,

If you feel there are slow 3G speeds then just flash the EH03 radio via odin in PDA , and you ll have EH03 radio too.

@ Silver : just switch off phone : flash EH03 stock with atlas pit ( its important to use pit )

and start over again .

wow !! looks like there are no takers of ICS build ;P

took me many hours to download and upload the files and make the tutorial ;)

• Like 1

@Josh, It's been just a week since I flashed EH03 sock and rooted. Will chew on this for a while before flashing a cleaner ROM or ICS :Sorprendido:

wow !! looks like there are no takers of ICS build ;P

took me many hours to download and upload the files and make the tutorial ;)

I m surely in. But 1) last when i tried ics flashing there was some error so i left n 2) currently i m Playing with my 1st ever ios device which took place of my epic touch. But will surely try this or next weekend.

@joshm, I am getting fascinate in 2-3 weeks, after that surely going to use your guide to put ICS on it. Already bookmarked this thread.

Thanks a lot for all the efforts you have taken to put the post.

Thanks for the kind words

@ Renu , Hitesh and phonegeek :)

TBH just a few encouraging words are enough , and are required for people like me to keep doing what i am doing.

I would definitely say when u are bored with EH03 , which is freakin totally bug free , Try ICS for a few days or weeks , its a refreshing change , albeit with a few ifs and buts attached though , but the work done by Team kang and the developers is simple great as they have developed it from source which is actually remarkable :)

• Like 1

TBH just a few encouraging words are enough , and are required for people like me to keep doing what i am doing.

You are doing a great job fella helping people with even simplistic questions which might have been answered earlier and explaining in great detail the same thing again and again.

You are a perfect example of what community sharing is all about.

You just got a very little help in the beginning and from that point onwards contributed wholeheartedly to the community.

Much Appreciated. Let me formally declare you "Rimweb Ratna For Samsung Fascinate"

May your tribe increase at RIMweb.

Thanks for the kind words dear Rajan , god bless mate.

Sent from my Fascinating Fascinate SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

joshm doing a gr8 job, I really appreciate his efforts.

Thanks a lot Sunil :)

@Joshm... i'm in the que too for upgrading to ICS. Downloaded all necessary files. Just waiting for my laptop. In the meanwhile could you highlight the Useful features which are available in ICS as compared to GB. And is there any changes in the home screen etc..?

@ sliver1... have you successfully upgraded to ICS?

Did u flash the data fix, if yes then do again.

Otherwise reflash the nv dump

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

hi joshm

for last few days I am busy for my system upgradation. no doubt you are doing a gr8 job, we all are really appreciate your efforts to the forum.

now I am downloading the required files.

one thing wants to ask you, presently I am in EH03, refer to your official GB updates. as you told to sliver flash with EH03 stock with atlas pit.

plz tell me how can I flash with EH03 stock with atlas pit.

regards,