Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sadik

Suggestion For New Digital Camera / Handycam

Ok, so searched around the forums but didn't see a live thread discussion about digicams, so am starting one.

I need to buy a Digicam to gift to a friend. The budget is less than 10K, preferably around 8k mark. I have NEVER bought a digicam before and have absolutely no idea what features, parameters qualify a digicam as a good one.

So would appreciate good suggestions from members here...

BTW, I bought two laptops after recommendations here and both turned out great so asking here first is quite the norm now! ;)

This one is amazing camera at this price (7500/-). U can look into this. Around 1 month back taken for my uncle. Benefit about panasonic is, it carries 3Yrs warranty, Where as other 2Yrs.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260952513900

Take my word go for the panasonic one it has 8X optical Zoom

Nikon is kind of Pioner but in current comparison Panasonic Winns any time

Panasonic good on specs but I found it too slow to operate. Look for Canon

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

3 years back when I was buying a digicam, the cam store guy (uncle) recommended me Nikon!

Nikon is always better than Panasonic and most of the times better than canon!

Buy one among Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Nikon, Olympus,Fuji. But check whether HD is available.

Hey Guys...

Many Thanks for both the recos. I am looking a bit more inclined towards the Nikon one for the brand value it carries, as it ultimately is for a gift... :) You think it's a good choice?

Lol... Just noticed that the ebay sellers for both products say, "No Shipping to WB" (AM in Kolkata)!

Edited by Sadik

Hi, my brother wants handycam for personal use. mainly to record his children growing. i asked him to use his galaxy note :Sorprendido: , but when he is in office or travelling :doh: .

anyway, currently he is dubai and can get ti from there. there is no particular requirement. however i suggested to with HD recording and besides, the formats should be easy to share on net and put on PC. the budget is max. 20,000/-. There is one sony model, HDR-CX130 for about 18000 with 8GB memory card. its card based. HDD based models are expensive, beyond 25.

thanx in advance.

I would suggest you to buy either nikon or canon digital cameras because they have good picture quality as compared to others....and the camera designs are also lovable.

I have Panasonic lumix with 3X zoom. But if I reduce the resolution from 12MP to 3MP, it provides 10X optical zoom! Also, the Intelligent auto feature is actually quite intelligent and most of the times, there is no need to manually select the scene modes.

I would suggest Sadik to look for more optical zoom, it will always be useful and HD recording should also be on the must have list.

I used to have one Nikon (5-6 years ago) which had horrible picture quality and took ages to recharge the flash. So it is not only the speed of the processor that matters but also the speed at which the flash gets recharged (i.e. flash ready light comes on).

I have Panasonic lumix with 3X zoom. But if I reduce the resolution from 12MP to 3MP, it provides 10X optical zoom! Also, the Intelligent auto feature is actually quite intelligent and most of the times, there is no need to manually select the scene modes.

I would suggest Sadik to look for more optical zoom, it will always be useful and HD recording should also be on the must have list.

I used to have one Nikon (5-6 years ago) which had horrible picture quality and took ages to recharge the flash. So it is not only the speed of the processor that matters but also the speed at which the flash gets recharged (i.e. flash ready light comes on).

try, Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H70 16.1 MP Digital Still Camera with 10x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom G Lens and 3.0-inch LCD

I brought one...bt its soooo coool with its price and features(Spl, MP & zoom) - i got 2 more for my relatvs.:-P ;-)

Price is around..8.5k, but its worth paying it.

If the budget remains a block, check out the canon ixus 120, excellent for low light photography (which is what most people who visit pubs / sea shores etc will love).

Sony DSC-H70 is awesome - and DSC-HX9v takes the cake (but is about 16.6k) but offers full HD capture, background defocus, handheld twilight shots, burst capture, still capture during a video recording etc. The device also has a internal GPS to geo tag the images.

I don't own this camera but I found specs very interesting except funny fact that it can not zoom in video mode if audio recording is ON. Expensive though. May be good for PRO sort of people.

http://www.letsbuy.com/olympus-sp-810uz-p-28417

I have used Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, FujiFilm, Kodak, few chines

I feel Cannon is best among all, panasonic and fuji may give more pixel and zoom, but in actual picture quality cannon wins the game.

you can refer http://www.photographyblog.com/

agree with hitesh... for normal user, canon and then nikon are the best. I found panasonic to be bit slow and I've suggested many to use canon and all are happy.