Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
drmadhu

Missed Calls from Unknown International Numbers

From Yesterday,

I am received missed call from following phone number on my 3 Reliance Number,

One is Postpaid and other 2 is Prepaid ,

Can Any one else received this type of call?

Below is international number:

1) 0037066858177, - This call from Country Lithuania

2) 00212892016601, This call from country Morocco

For this I am call to rcom CC and call charge for Lithuania is Rs. 45/Min and Morocco Rs. 27/Min.

even i had received numerous missed calls from International nos. on my BSNL prepaid as well as R-CDMA postpaid.

BSNL Prepaid : +923416487855 (4 times within this month)

R-CDMA Postpaid : no. wiped off from call log. (once)

No use calling back these numbers. I got missed calls from "New Zealand" on a Number which I got for testing & unknown to all. And numerous from +92 (Pakistan) on all my numbers.

Edited by KapilAgrawal

I am not sure but it could also be from Skype or any other VOIP call as I tried calling my number a few times from linphone (voip) and the calling number comes from from different countries - probably because VOIP calls are not allowed to terminate to phones in India (without license) so VOIP companies must be sending the last leg of the call from some other countries.

Edited by ami1
  • Like 1

This is a regular phenomenon with me. I go on receiving calls from many countries. I use two special numbers, that might be the reason.

I receive such calls on my Vodafone number many times. Only one ring. But never received such calls on Reliance till now. Ho sakta hai kal se aana shuru ho jaye. :)

Even I received a call on 17th from the number +923058287180 on my number XXXX101010.. searched for +92 and its pakistan :-O

This is a well known scam going on for some months now. Customers across various mobile operator networks in india are receiving such missed calls. Safe thing is to never call back and disclose any personal information. They will keep you engaged in talk for few minutes and by that time you will run up a huge phone bill.

Fraudsters Find New Tool in Overseas Calls

‘Got a missed call from +92? Don’t call back’

This once happened with my Tata number (fancy number)... But later I changed my ringtone to a music with first two seconds of silence... Now even though I get missed calls, I don't get any annoying half/one second ring...

This is a well known scam going on for some months now. Customers across various mobile operator networks in india are receiving such missed calls. Safe thing is to never call back and disclose any personal information. They will keep you engaged in talk for few minutes and by that time you will run up a huge phone bill.

Rajan bhai agree that bill will be higher.. And we will e @ a loss.. But what will be their gain ? I am sorry but I didn't understand :-(

^^^

Yes its a scam. I put these numbers in Blacklist as soon as I get the calls from different numbers.

sujit, please go through the links for the detailed story behind this scam.. you'll get to know.. :)

I think this way of scamming people is going on for atleast some months, even some operators like airtel, vodafone have released advisory to their customers not to call back to those numbers after receiving numerous complaints from their customers about unusual/high balance deduction.

My take, International Miss Call is a grim sign of the enduring nature of the economic slump :P

My usual reaction to a missed calls is IGNORE. If only it is from a friend or a known customer I call back. Particularly I dont respond to a single ring missed call even if it is from a known number.

If somebody wants to talk to me they should call me and should not make me call them. Like wise I dont give missed call to anybody. If I wanted to talk to you I should you call you.

• Like 2

^

I too follow the same principle.

Never to miss-call anybody and always to block a new number if found spam or pesky. Even after getting blocked, some callers try to call at odd hours (deep in the night e.g. at 2:00am) and in the morning I find a good number of blocked calls.

Missed call phenomena is unique to india. Very irritating to individuals who receive such calls. :angry:

But it's so deeply ingrained now in mobile consumer psyche that new innovative uses for it is being invented. :smartass:

This company ZipDial has it's software based on missed call principle using IVR that's used by many different service providers >> http://www.zipdial.c.../c/case-studies

India’s “missed call” mobile ecosystem

^

India is unique in many counts. Ammong many things some widely accepted services failed in India, e.g. numeric pager service, voice mail service and MMS.

My assessment for failure of pager service is due to free incoming calls here in India (it isn't free in USA). Just give a missed call and you get a call back. But in the era of 4G service in USA, pager is still the most affordable and reliable option.

Vodafone customers in mumbai particularly has been recieving missed calls from pakistan,i myself has been victim was charged Rs6 for 30sec.

I often get missed calls from International numbers starting from +251 on my Mtnl number.

I also receive call from +92.

i call back to that no from voip. he said call us from ur own no.

Even my brother is getting this calls from + 92

It seems to be Pakistan country code

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Today I am received missed call on my 4th reliance number from

1) 0037066858177, - This call from Country Lithuania

I am not sure but it could also be from Skype or any other VOIP call as I tried calling my number a few times from linphone (voip) and the calling number comes from from different countries - probably because VOIP calls are not allowed to terminate to phones in India (without license) so VOIP companies must be sending the last leg of the call from some other countries.

Yes Amitabh ji....apki baat mein dum hai. :)

I don't think there's any role of Pakistan for these missed calls. This could be a reason due to Voip companies routing the calls as Amitabh ji mentioned above.

Hi

I received call from 56694694 number...!!!! please help who's calling me...?