Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Must Have Android Apps For Your Smartphone - Part II

So you wanted to send pics from your phone to someone else but due to slow speed, it takes so much time....

Here it is your solution:

Send Reduced lets you send reduced resolution photos by email with the minimum number of taps. When sharing a photo, just choose "Send Reduced". The first time, you'll have to choose the email (or other) app you want to use with it, but if you set the checkmark to make this permanent, next time you won't even have to do that--as soon as you choose "Send Reduced", you'll be in the email (or other) app.

You can also use Send Reduced to attach a reduced photo--when choosing the attachment from your email app, first time choose the Gallery and set a checkmark, and next time you'll automatically get the photo from the gallery and reduce it.

You can adjust the resolution and quality of the reduced photo by running Send Reduced from your launcher.

Send Reduced is tiny, open source (search the web for source code) and has no ads.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.omegacentauri.SendReduced&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm1vYmkub21lZ2FjZW50YXVyaS5TZW5kUmVkdWNlZCJd

• Like 2

Hola Internet Accelerator >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.hola&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5ob2xhIl0.<br /> <br />Lol... This is my EVDO SpeedTest Results after installing this!!! (Figures are outrageous, theoretically it can't ever give that much but this app does really makes a difference in internet browsing, streaming!)<br /><br /> <br />Hola speeds up your Internet. Absolutely free without ads.<br />• Faster web surfing - Hola accelerates downloads/browsing by 3-10x<br />• Faster downloads<br />• Video buffers less<br />• Reduce mobile data costs<br />What is Hola?<br />• Peer to peer Internet accelerator<br />• Compression of about 70% <br /> <br />
<br />Iam not able to use browser using wifi after downloading this!! What will be wrong? After uninstall it started working. .<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

^^^^^^

Yes... That app is useful for browsing via EDGE only.. On WiFi, its NOT at all working... I have to disable the HOLA (in the same app after getting update from PlayStore) so that WiFi starts working...

• Like 1

^

HOLA blocks USB tethering too.

I can't seem to find Answering machine app on android, like the one on symbian phones. Is there any similar app.

Device Info Live WallPaper – System info right on your home screen

Need to know what your device is up to at all times? View a variety of system information right on your homescreen with, Device Info Live Wallpaper for Android.

post-69747-136121696901_thumb.jpg

Features:

View digital Date/time

View CPU and RAM usage

Battery remaining

Internal and External memory usage

Network and Wifi connection state and info

Download Device Info Live WallPaper for free from Google Play.

Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.main.kurousa.android.livewallpaper.DeviceInfo'>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.main.kurousa.android.livewallpaper.DeviceInfo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru (Beta) From Xiam Technologies Limited, a Qualcomm company.
This is from Qualcomm. Who can know better then your mobile device processor manufacturer to optimize power usage?
Just installed it. Remains to be seen how good it turns out.
From India it won't download through the play store right now as currently there is country restriction of America/Europe.
APK Attached in this post. You can download from here.

Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru extends battery performance and improves overall user experience by intelligently making changes that optimize Snapdragon device functionality.

This app:
•Delivers longer battery life with fewer charges
•Intelligently learns how you use your Snapdragon smartphone and optimizes your device without disabling smartphone functionality
•Requires no user configuration - Snapdragon BatteryGuru automatically learns and adjusts the smartphone settings so you don’t have to.
After a brief 2-4 day introduction period, Snapdragon BatteryGuru learns the user’s behaviors and then notifies the user that it is ready to extend the battery life and improve the experience. Snapdragon BatteryGuru continues to operate in the background, deepening its understanding of the user and further optimizing the experience over time.
Available as a Beta release at this time, Snapdragon BatteryGuru supports a majority of Snapdragon powered devices in North America and European Union at this time and we are working rapidly to support additional Snapdragon powered devices and regions in the coming months.

com.xiam.snapdragon.app-1.apk

• Like 6

my droid razr has ARM Cortex A9 Dual-core processor, wont work for me :(

Please suggest me an application by which I can send SMS from my computer using phone. My Phone no's are in excel.

Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru (Beta) From Xiam Technologies Limited, a Qualcomm company.<br />This is from Qualcomm. Who can know better then your mobile device processor manufacturer to optimize power usage? <br />Just installed it. Remains to be seen how good it turns out.<br /> <br /><br />From India it won't download through the play store right now as currently there is country restriction of America/Europe.<br />APK Attached in this post. You can download from here.<br />
<br />Installed and still in learning mode for 3 days.. <br />Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Tried downloading the snapdragon battery app from GPlay but it says "your device is not compatible" My phone has a snapdragon 1 GHZ single core proc.

And the file uploaded here gives parse error when trying to install.

Edited by amtrag

Tapatalk v2.4.12 (All Colors Purchased)

What's in this version:

version 2.4.12
1. In-app YouTube Player - watch video and browse discussion at the same time!
2. Bug fix - Promoted Topic over impression issue
3. Ability to disable forum broadcast via Push Notification
4. Other bug fixes

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity

Tried downloading the snapdragon battery app from GPlay but it says "your device is not compatible" My phone has a snapdragon 1 GHZ single core proc.

The app is only available in US. You can download the apk from Rajan bhai's post.

Sent from Samsung S3 using Tapatalk 2

The app is only available in US. You can download the apk from Rajan bhai's post.

I tried from Rajan bhai's post which is giving parsing error. I got interested in this one because its from Qualcomm.

:previous:

APK File attached with the post is all right as everyone installed from the same source including myself without any issue. Your getting a parsing error could be due to any of these reasons.

• The app requires Android 4 ICS & above. Does your phone have it?
  • Installation from unknown sources is enabled on the phone?
  • Could be a bad download. Re-download again.
  • May be it currently does not support your snapdragon device as they have mentioned that not ALL are supported.

Please suggest me an application by which I can send SMS from my computer using phone. My Phone no's are in excel.

Airdroid

• Like 1

Snapdragon apk requires location without which it doesn't work!

That's a strange requirement.

I think, the application only helps to determine the sync schedule. We have many other applications with can do this without asking for unnecessary permissions..

I uninstalled..

PS: Infact, having the location service active, itself consumes a lot of battery since the phone then keeps on updating its location

It requires location permission so that it can turn on off wifi accordingly, nothing suspicious in that.

In fact, I keep my location service always on so that apps use that data like google now. It doesn't drain battery as such.

i need an app that can allow pressing a button for accepting/rejecting a call. there was one app but it is not compatible with android 4 & above.

:previous:

APK File attached with the post is all right as everyone installed from the same source including myself without any issue. Your getting a parsing error could be due to any of these reasons.

• The app requires Android 4 ICS & above. Does your phone have it?
  • Installation from unknown sources is enabled on the phone?
  • Could be a bad download. Re-download again.
  • May be it currently does not support your snapdragon device as they have mentioned that not ALL are supported.

@Rajan, what is the status of snapdragon you had installed? Mine(e4gt) is still in learning mode..

Google Play Books now available in India
The Google Play Store has been available in India since its inception, but so far, the only content you could purchase were apps and games.
Google has now added a second category to the store with the introduction of Google Play Books. You will see the new addition immediately after launching the Play Store app on your Android device. Just like the apps, the books are arranged into various categories as well as groups such as books below ₹100, books below ₹50, etc.
The book library seems to be on par with those from other regions, with the inclusion of several Indian authors as well that you may not find in other regions. The prices seem to be converted from their US counterparts so could be higher in some cases, compared to Amazon’s Kindle and other ebook stores in India. ‘The Hobbit’, for example, costs ₹166 on Amazon and ₹651 on Play Books. Similarly, ‘A Game of Thrones’ costs ₹280 on Amazon and ₹623 on the Play Books. ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’, however, is priced similarly on both the stores.
The Google Play Books store can be accessed on your Android smartphone or tablet as well as on iOS devices through the Play Books app on the App Store.
The launch of Play Books before the music or movies store comes across as an interesting move from Google. If you may remember, Apple recently launched the iTunes store in India, which includes music and movies but failed to launch the iBookstore, which could be the reason why Google decided to start with books first, to take advantage of Apple’s absence in the market.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/google-play-books-now-available-in-india/