Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

TRAI TV Advertisement Regulation 2012 - Will this make our TV viewing experience better?

TRAI TV Advertisement Regulation 2012 - Will This Make Our TV Viewing Experience Better?

Finally TRAI has issued Standards of Quality of Serice ( Duration of Advertisements in TV Channels ) Regulations, 2012.

We generally berate TRAI for not doing anything but these are really good, common sense regulations with TV Viewer in mind.

Duration of advertisements in TV channels.

1. No broadcaster shall carry in its broadcast of a programme, advertisements exceeding twelve minutes in a clock hour and any shortfall of advertisement duration in any clock hour shall not be carried over.
  2. The advertisements in the clock hour shall include all types of advertisements including advertisements promoting the channel(s) of the broadcaster. Explanation: The clock hour shall commence from 00.00 of the hour and end at 00.60 of that hour (example: 14.00 to 15.00 hours).
  3. In case of live broadcast of a sporting event, the advertisements shall be carried only during the breaks in the sporting action.
  4. The time gap between end of one advertisement session and the commencement of next advertisement session shall not be less than fifteen minutes. Provided that in case of broadcast of a film or movie the time gap between end of one advertisement session and the commencement of the next advertisement session shall not be less than thirty minutes. Provided further that nothing contained in this sub-regulation shall apply in case of live broadcast of a sporting event.
  5. Every broadcaster shall ensure that the advertisements carried in its channels are only full-screen advertisements and there shall be no part-screen or drop-down advertisement.
  6. Every broadcaster shall ensure that the audio level of the advertisements carried in its channel shall not be higher than the audio level of the programs being broadcast in that channel.

But Broadcasters it seems are in no mood to follow the above.

Broadcasters Cry Foul Over Trai’s Ad Regulations >> http://www.livemint....r-Tra.html?h=A1

4F484104-7EAF-4E45-9402-4E0FE63C387AArtVPF.gif

STANDARDS OF QUALITY OF SERVICE (DURATION OF ADVERTISEMENTS IN TELEVISION CHANNELS) REGULATIONS, 2012 (15 OF 2012).pdf

• Like 1

There should be a rule of no repetition of advt in one break I have seen same advt being repeated atleast 6 times in a single break

Channel advt should not be done in every break during any program

Regulation of the type of advt should also be done Obscene ads like that of AXE and Wildstone deo should be banned

It will be gr8, if implimented 100% as regulated here.

Much needed regulation.

When pay channels were introduced, it was informed that there will be no adv breaks.

But today even after paying for channels, it is mere frustration when we watch a movie.

So nowadays, I just record the movie in my DVR and watch it at my convenience, skipping the adv breaks

this is need of time. but powerful lobby has already loaded its gun. worst affected are movies and cricket. Many times, we simply forget which movie we were watching. In cricket, it was like match is shown in between of ad breaks and also drop down ads covering nearly 25 or more of viewable area.

I think the broadcasting industry itself is to blame for this.

The recommendations of TRAI certainly seem commendable. Most of the time, we end up watching more of ads and less of the actual program content. Sometimes it feels so stupid where the actual movie is shown for hardly 3-4 minutes and ad breaks are like 15 minutes at a stretch. I guess the hardest hit would be the serial producers who would be forced to show more content in those 30 minute slots rather than the present 10 minute serial and 20 min ad! I have more or less stopped watching cricket simply because the channel cant seem to wait for the last ball to be bowled before the ad starts and if the first ball of the next over is missed, so be it. No wonder sports like hockey and football are not popular in India.

It's all well and good that they have come up with these regulations.but like so many things in our country, will it be strictly implemented? Trai is already in the pocket of the telecom companies.I mean we must be the only country which still classifies 256kbps as broadband.it's very good for the viewers if these regulations are implemented but that remains to be seen

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Kanoon banane do amal kitana hota hai Dekho.