Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jd21

EVDO Speed Is Too Slow As Like 1X

My download speed is almost half of my upload speed. Terrible...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII CDMA using Tapatalk Pro

EVDO is no match for GSM 3G in terms of speed, but even considering that, RCDMA's steady deterioration in data speeds is disappointing.

And I thought that I was only suffering poor evdo speeds. In my home or office area, I get only 0.12 to 0.2 mbps speeds. The moment I go across to a neighbouring area about 2 kms away, the speeds touch 1.95 mbps. I complained about this and got a call from Mumbai who told me to register a network complaint. I did that and today I got a call from Chennai office, asking me for my exact problem. I explained in detail and the nincompoop asked me finally which data card I was using. I decided to junk the complaint. I had told him my mobile model earlier but the joker wanted to eventually know my data card model. As if evdo cannot be accessed from any mobile. :o:wub:

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by KumaarShah

I think all this connectivity issues may have something to do with the new mobile tower radiation norms effective from 1st September 2012. Companies have to reduce signal strength by 1/10th to meet the new norms. There is a penalty of Rs 5 Lac per tower for not meeting the norms.

Brace for call drops as govt enforces new radiation norms for cell phone towers

Coupled with above is high uptake of CDMA Data by huge no. of subscribers due to extremely cheap data packs now by Reliance.

I feel it has nothing to do with radiation norms,because in many areas I could easily get 2mbps with the same apparent signal strength.

Ya... I also feel, radiation norms has nothing to do with this problem, imho... If that is the case, then we may never get EVDO/1x signals at all in most places.. But most problems mentioned here are about less than 1x speed in EVDO..

EVDO is no match for GSM 3G in terms of speed, but even considering that, RCDMA's steady deterioration in data speeds is disappointing.

Used to get 1.7 mbps steady during peak hours on !dea cellular 3G. After 3G rates slashed, it doesn't go beyond 600 kbps. Earlier it was Rs 205 for 200 mb prepaid, now its 1GB for Rs 255.

EVOing on RCDMA using Tapatalk

Used to get 1.7 mbps steady during peak hours on !dea cellular 3G. After 3G rates slashed, it doesn't go beyond 600 kbps. Earlier it was Rs 205 for 200 mb prepaid, now its 1GB for Rs 255.

EVOing on RCDMA using Tapatalk

Even 600 kbps is out of bounds for RCDMA EVDO, 200-250 is where it stalls at.

I am from nagpur.

I get around 100-250kbps when in my college on my nexus...

But wen at home my download speeds hardly touch 25kbps...though there r full network bars...

Also...gsm 3g here is too good...these r the speeds i get on gsm...

Airtel 3g : 1-3mbps constant downloads

Tata docomo : 700kbps -2mbps downloads (speedtests show 3-4mbps though :/ )

But wen at home my download speeds hardly touch 25kbps...though there r full network bars...

What does Mobile Network Type show under Settings > About > Status when you get 25kbps?

Its evdo sir...

It says EvDo rev.A:6

What about the ping response time when you get 25 kbps and what was the distance shown for the server you selected?

Ping time wen on evdo network is 50-100ms...and wen on 1x is 250+ ms...

Wen i am at home...i still am on evdo nerwork...but for some reason the speeds are more like 1x... :/

How can i attach pics to a post here?? Will add screenshots...

Server shows up as mumbai...and distance from server 0kms...though i am in nagpur...

I am having a EPIC 4G with PA Rom, in Bangalore I used to get only 1x signals at most of the places and 3g at few places with good speeds. But from the last couple of days the signal is showing 3G with full antenna but the speed is only around 100 - 140 kbps. Is any one else facing the same problem and is there any solution for this.

TIA.

:previous: What does Mobile Network Type show under Settings > About > Status and how about the ping time?

:previous: What does Mobile Network Type show under Settings > About > Status and how about the ping time?

The mobile network type shows as CDMA - EvDo rev. A:6. The ping time is around 1000ms.

That's too high ping for EVDO. Likely that EVDO in the tower or in your area is having issues.

That's too high ping for EVDO. Likely that EVDO in the tower or in your area is having issues.

I am getting good speeds with my evdo data card and my ping time is also around 150ms. Is there any problem in my handset or do I need to do some tweaks on the handset for better data speeds.

What speed and ping does Speedtest.net app show for Mumbai - Reliance Communications server?

For mumbai reliance server - the ping time is 800ms and the data speed is 130 kps upload and 125 kbps download.

Looks like EVDO is not activated/configured in your handset. Get in touch with your handset seller.

• Like 1

These days my EVDO speed is very very bad. Few months ago it was excellent (0.7~1.5Mbps). But since december, the speed is poorer than 1X. And many times it switches to 1X.

I've heard TRAI is implementing strict rules for Wired/Wireless broadband/mobile Data rules and guidelines from 1st January. Will it make any difference?