Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Puneet

R World Charged From 1st April

All subscribers are automatically registered as R-World members and cahrges have been waived for the month of April. If you want to discontinue from May, please call *333.

Source: R-World.

29154[/snapback]

Only postpaid subscribers are automatically registered as member (as per R-worldRates) ... I'm a prepaid subscribers.

(R-world says, prepaid subscribers need to call *333 to subscribe)

http://rworld.relianceinfo.com/RWorld/html...rges.html#link4

check this in the page

they have mentioned webmail in U section as well as F section

how stupid of them

I guess writing to the Chairmans office might help but since the chairman is new and does bnot have enough time to help us might turn out to be futile

At relianceinfo.com , they say u will be charged Rs 3 for sending mms. Will i be charged to only access mms (like downloading the ringtone or wallpaper sent by me through smtp by email).

... they can't charge me, without my giving an acceptance to the payment ???? And at the same time I have access to "M" apps.

(I haven't "dared"  :blink: to enter any application marked "E" or "U" ... just in case I lose Rs. 2/-, 3/- or whatever)

29152[/snapback]

Well Bhutes,

I think entry won't be restricted in to any paid apps.

But whenever you enter r-world, the first page itself clearly displays the billing info for different categories. So there's no point in saying that you would be charged without acceptance.

Of course, if you enter "E" apps, you would be charged for entry.

Cricket socres is charged for dapo. the things under membership r not that imp.

29165[/snapback]

you can use SMS 1234 that is free for DAPO users

Yes, they are charging without warning.

CAUTION ALL PREPAID USERS: IF U ENTER ANY "M" U'LL BE CHARGED RS. 3/- (DAILY FEE).

I got charged Rs. 3/- for today ... and only after realizing called up *333 to convert to monthly membership.

It seems that if the PREPAIDS do nothing (i.e. do not get monthly membership) ... the moment they click any "M" they will be charged Rs. 3/- unless they have already been charged such Rs. 3/- in the past 24 hrs. .... So be careful ... there's no warning.

but the monthly membership thing was waiced off for the first month isnt it?

Just got this FWD to me, hope it helps to clarify:

Greetings from the R World team!

As some of you already know, R World is a paid service from April 1, 2005.

There will be three broad categories how customers will be charged. Every service we are offering is accessible by all users (except corporates who may want the entire R World to be barred).  No one is denied access to any service based on plan they belong to or by any other classification.

Membership services priced at Rs 25 per month offers over 60 services. Customers will not be paying any additional charges for the use of these services during the month.  Post paid customers will be enrolled in this plan, and should they wish to unsubscribe they can do so by calling the call centre at *333.  Customers who do not want to subscribe (opt out of) monthly subscription are automatically put in the "Day Pass" Category.  With the Day Pass, when they use any of the above services, customer is notified and charged Rs. 3 and is allowed access to any or all of these services for a 24-hour period.

DAPO customers would not be charged this monthly subscription fee as part of their DAPO Club Membership offer. Especially for our colleagues on the RIM Employee Plan, the Membership charges have been waived! The Membership applications will be indicated by  on R World.

Separate premium charges apply for applications under the Pay on Entry © and the Pay on Use (U) categories. These services are charged every time a customer uses the service or downloads/save/sends a content item.  Upon confirmation and successfully delivering the service, customers are charged. Some examples of premium services are Webmail, Ringtone download etc.... and the charges are as low as Rs. 2.  These applications can be accessed without paying any Membership charges and will be indicated by  and  on R World.

There are free applications indicated by  on R World. All RIM related applications ranging from Bill n Help, mCoupons to AllAbout93 as well as Registrations for various other applications are free services.

You could get all the details of the tariffs by clicking on Hot n New – RWorldRates on R World.

This is one small, but essential step, and the bigger tasks are ahead of us in promoting and increasing the usage among our subscriber base that result in significant revenues for the company. We seek your full support in making this a very successful and a profitable service.

Let us know about your experience on

rworld.feedback@relianceinfo.com

Yours truly,

The R World Team.

Jus today I had been to the Santacruz CCC as stated in another post.

I raised this issue abt DAPO subscribers being charged for R-World Content.

This dude comes up with a very whacky reasoning. He goes "Sir RIM has to pay VAT on the R-World content and hence it cannot remain free!". I jus rubished him then n there! :P Its not my concern how much RIM pays whom. I need what i had been given! Free Access to "complete" R-World.

In the rush i forgot to register a Case Id! Can some DAPO subscriber follow up on this? Its getting hectic at my end with Exams closing in!

They deducted Rs. 10/- from my talktime for "buying" the match pass for yesterdays India-Pak cricket ODI.

And yes, do deductions of Rs. 25/- membership fees yet.

I think, we should have the option of configuring our R-world, so that we don't see the "U" & "E" items in our menus ... the ******s just want to tantalise us .... even though there is pure **** inside those "E" & "U"

Edited by Arun

Jus today I had been to the Santacruz CCC as stated in another post.

I raised this issue abt DAPO subscribers being charged for R-World Content.

This dude comes up with a very whacky reasoning. He goes "Sir RIM has to pay VAT on the R-World content and hence it cannot remain free!".

BULL****...................................!

I am drafting a petition to Reliance, TRAI, TDSAT on DAPO usres being forced to pay for RWorld.....................!Just wait for few days.

Of course it is ne body's guess, how much it will work.............

buddy, another reason for rim to loot its subscribers..

guys i dunno why there is such hue n cry on rworld goin paid.....i think most of the users wld agree dat rworld is still useless, its a good timepass for kids nt for grown ups atleast!!

buddy, another reason for rim to loot its subscribers..

29309[/snapback]

Hey guys, we have become so accustomed to using free services that whenever a service goes paid, we simply refuse to accept the new situation.

Airtel for example charges Rs.30 for downloading a video clip to a moblie phone...but we RIM users feel that Rs.2 or 3 is too high a cost? Be practical yaar, reliance is not providing any services for charity.

...just presenting the other side of the coin.

guys i dunno why there is such hue n cry on rworld goin paid.....i think most of the users wld agree dat rworld is still useless, its a good timepass for kids nt for grown ups atleast!!

29357[/snapback]

Looking at cricket scores while travelling to office or even while in office is useful.

New headlines / video news (which remains free) is also not just for kids.

(I don't, but many people used mobile banking / rail reservations before both got paid ... I don't know, if they would find it useful in paid form).

Lots of remaining items ... yup ... are kidstuff, compared to how one could pass the time on internet.

We can transfer it via Data Cable as well in LG6130. But interestingly MMS Menu is not part of R-World for LG 6130! Sopes, no charges? I wonder!

Hey guys, we have become so accustomed to using free services that whenever a service goes paid, we simply refuse to accept the new situation.

Airtel for example charges Rs.30 for downloading a video clip to a moblie phone...but we RIM users feel that Rs.2 or 3 is too high a cost? Be practical yaar, reliance is not providing any services for charity.

Sorry Pal amtrag................u hve missed the point...........it is just not the question of cost/fees. The issue is of business ethics...............! Reliance promised free RWorld to DAPO. How can it go back and charge now?

Do you like being looted in broad day light?

As far as I remember ... Reliance promised free RWorld to DAPO till September 1, 2003. Hope you guys enjoyed it till then.

is the 25/- rupees membership plan consolidated to all M symbols are u pay 25 for each M symbol ??

As far as I remember ... Reliance promised free RWorld to DAPO till September 1, 2003.

29400[/snapback]

That was R-Connect and not R-World!

As far as I remember ... Reliance promised free RWorld to DAPO till September 1, 2003.

29400[/snapback]

That was R-Connect and not R-World!

29408[/snapback]

This is what I found from news archives:

(see the portion I highlighted in RED)

http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes.com/a...eshow/30198.cms

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ THURSDAY, JUNE 19, 2003 04:36:24 AM]

Sign into earnIndiatimes points

MUMBAI: Reliance Infocomm announced two new tariff plans with tariffs of Re 1 per minute for local and STD calls within the circle and up to 50 kms (even for calls ending outside a circle) for WLL phones including Reliance.

For STD calls outside the circle and for distances over 50 kms, the tariff is Rs 1.99 per minute for WLL phones.

Under the two plans, subscribers have to pay monthly rentals of Rs 149 and Rs 249 respectively and monthly charges of Rs 100 and Rs 150 respectively. In return they get free outgoing talktime worth Rs 100 and Rs 150 respectively. SMS will be charged at 50 paise per message under these plans.

Apart from a rate of Re 1 per minute for local and STD calls within a circle to GSM phones for the Rs 249 plan, the rate is a uniform Rs 1.99 per minute for all local and STD calls within a circle and outside a circle for calls from Reliance phones to GSM and fixed phones. In the case of fixed phones, the Rs 1.99 per minute rate is applicable for STD calls outside the circle up to 200 kms.

Effectively, under the first plan, subscribers pay Rs 249 monthly and get 100 minutes at the rate of Re 1 per minute or roughly 50 minutes at Rs 1.99 per minute. Under the second plan, subscribers pay Rs 400 and get 150 minutes at the rate of Re 1 per minute or roughly 75 minutes at Rs 1.99 per minute.

They will also get free caller line identification, call hold and call wait facility. The security deposits have been waived for local, STD and ISD facilities. Besides, no processing or activation fee will be charged.

A customer subscribing to these plans can also enjoy the benefits of the Dhirubhai Ambani Pioneer Offer, including free handsets, by becoming a member of the Dhirubhai Ambani Pioneer Club. The customer can become a member of the club by subscribing to either the three membership options at an upfront payment of Rs 6,350, Rs 4,850 and Rs 3,350 on payment and monthly payments of Rs 50 and Rs 100 respectively for three years for the last two options. For the Rs 6,350 payment there is no monthly payment.

Club members get a handset worth Rs 10,500 with 3 years insurance, 12 months warranty and colour handsets at an additional charge. Select content of R-World will be available free of cost for the club members till September 30, ‘03. The club members will also get 25% discount on Reliance web world memberships. The Reliance IndiaMobile service is commercially available in around 200 cities presently. It will soon be available in 693 towns and cities across the country.

The service is at present supported by over 250 web worlds and retail stores where a customer can walk in and buy a fully provisioned phone over the counter.

:help:

could ne1 pl tell me whether just viewing n downloading an mms sent by another user charge me nething? I havent been sending ne new wallpapers or ringtones becoz of fear of being charged for accessing mms.

I have DAPO offer of Reliance which says free RWorld as part of DAPO Plan. No qualification like 'until further notice' or 'Free till Sept.03'.

Can I post it here?