Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
parin

Apple iPhone 5 & iOS6 discussion

Still is Feel Iphone 4 & 4S are very handy foe Use,

Will put reveiw for Iphone5 Coming week when i will have it in hands

Currently Uploaded IO6 on my Iphone 4 CDMA, Some how i have Managed to get Calls, SMS, Data Working on it without Jailbreak, Unfortunately Data is Only 1x as PRL seems to be changed,

Below is the Video proof of Iphone4 Working with Data on IOS6 without Jailbreak.

This may not be same for Everyone after upgrade

so noobs Stay away from upgrading. as the jailbreak on IO6 is tethered at the moment

• Like 2

Cool friends... I am also a die-hard Android fan and i don't like apple products (not my cup of tea)... I even frankly admit I hate apple and its business tactics (and mostly lack of ethics and being a very very bad patent troll)...

But I feel, it is better to ONLY discuss iOS6 features and flaws POLITELY here and discuss about its blunders in some other thread or some other sub-forum again POLITELY... Because Rimweb is like family and let our love for our fav OS NOT bring hard feelings among our fellow Rimweb Friends...

It is always possible to criticize the flaws in opponent OS without hurting others... And that is the good way to make those fans of particular OS to switch to our world... Lets behave like GOOGLE and NOT like what their opponents are doing...

Please remember LOVE is the most soft, yet most powerful weapon in this world.. Instead of saying iPhone5 comes with sh!tty maps, we can say "Wait iPhone5 friends, our Google is coming for your rescue with their MAPS service in coming days".. See the difference...

NO I am NOT saying you are wrong.. But we can be more correct than earlier... May be Dr sir's post may look little bit harsh, but the reply like "U didn't invent iPhone" is also equally or a bit more harsh, (please no directed or personal attacks on others) imho... Please edit that line buddy and everything will be fine then...

Though the points we bring against iOS are facts, fair and cent per cent correct, the way we we present them should never hurt others' feelings too...

If I hurt anybody with this post, I feel sorry...

• Like 5

How to Cut Nano SIM

• Like 3

When iphone was 3.5 inch, fan boys have put the same argument that anything above 3.5inch is not usable. Now apple has increased to 4, the argument remains the same!

Kudos to fanboys.

Nothing personal against anyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

personally i feel anything larger than 4-4.5 inches is not suitable for single hand use, unless we have a palm like a big foot monster :winko: ,4 inches is perfect for a phone i feel,

and ps : im not a apple fan boy nor androids, im a technology lover :SI:

Cool friends... I am also a die-hard Android fan and i don't like apple products (not my cup of tea)... I even frankly admit I hate apple and its business tactics....

It is always possible to criticize the flaws in opponent OS without hurting others... And that is the good way to make those fans of particular OS to switch to our world... Lets behave like GOOGLE and NOT like what their opponents are doing...

NO I am NOT saying you are wrong.. But we can be more correct than earlier... May be Dr sir's post may look little bit harsh, but the reply like "U didn't invent iPhone" is also equally or a bit more harsh, (please no directed or personal attacks on others) imho... Please edit that line buddy and everything will be fine then...

Though the points we bring against iOS are facts, fair and cent per cent correct, the way we we present them should never hurt others' feelings too...

If I hurt anybody with this post, I feel sorry...

Well first of all, the post was not aimed at hurting anyone. What I meant (and said too) was that people would express opinions and opposite views should be accepted. I said there is nothing to get defensive or hurt about others' opinions since we all are users and not the inventor of the phone.

Having said that, if my words hurt, it was unintentional and sincere apologies.

• Like 3

Iphone5 Scratch test

Edited by parin
  • Like 1

Lol.. Most android fanboys would like to be in place of that lovely kid... :Sorprendido:

And rub it real hard!

With the real hammer instead of plastic one in first video!

People who are Breaking there phones in USA have Taken Apple Care + Plan,

In this Apple Extends Warranty for 2yrs & Also Covers Accidental Damage for Additional 99$

In Case of Accidental Damage u Need to Pay 50$ & u get the phone Repaired or Replaced.

^^^^^

Yes that is the reason No2, why SONY said "They are sure, they won't be sued by apple"... Well Reason 1 is "Apple doesn't feels SONY as threat to them as Samsung"...

Another quality control issue hits Apple as iPhone 5 owners report light leaks

Source

iphone5-light-leak.jpg

In light of all the complaints from customers receiving new iPhone 5 handsets that scratch and scuff easily, it appears another problem is plaguing Apple’s (AAPL) latest product: light leakage. According to MacRumors forum member “Leotno,” some white iPhone 5 models are showing slight light leakage between device’s glass display and chamfered aluminum antenna. BGR has confirmed on one of its own units (see photo below) that there is indeed a small crack on some new iPhone 5 units located just below the home button. It’s uncertain at this point if the issue is an isolated one that affects only some iPhone 5 models or if it’s actually a widespread defect.

iphone5-light-leak2.jpg

The light leak and loosening chamfer on BGR’s defective iPhone 5 was a 64GB white and silver model running on AT&T. The light leak is unnoticeable except when the iPhone 5 is used under low-light or completely dark situations.

Various members on the MacRumors forums have reported the same problem, with some receiving brand new (not refurbished) models as replacements from Apple Stores. One member who goes by the handle “vineetnangia” said the replacement Apple provided still had the same issue.

Few More VIDEOS For Other Type of Screen Problems in iPhone 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qLJ4kzW8DM

And Some More!

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLbo2I4fjuY

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8_dxACdqkc

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alu3Vn8WyVc

Edited by rajanmehta

These issues will never slow down the sales of iPhone... Further apple users even don't care if the phone has issues with exposed antenna and call drops due to that (iPhone4 ANTENNAGATE).. Now I miss Jobs who would have said "You are seeing it wrong" now after this issue...

This issue seems widespread than expected! :(

iPhone 5 owners report scuffs and scratches out of the box

Source

When Apple VP Phil Schiller took the stage on September 12th to talk about the company’s new iPhone 5 hardware he went on at length about the exacting level of precision that goes into its manufacture. But despite Apple's insistence that its tolerances are measured in microns, several iPhone 5 owners are reporting that their new devices are arriving with a variety of scuffs and scrapes out of the box (myself included, pictured above).

The company’s record-breaking sales numbers certainly don’t make it easy to guess at how widespread the issue is, but an informal poll in the MacRumors forums indicates that out of some 1260 respondents, more than a third are reporting some kind of damage. The source of the scuffs (pictured below) is anyone’s guess, but as All Things D points out, the iPhone 5’s case is made out of anodized (i.e., coated) aluminum, which, while being lighter than the stainless steel used in the iPhone 4 and 4S, is also softer and appears to be more susceptible to scratching.

iPhone 5 scuff photos

11tpwz7.png

It would be sad indeed if Apple, in its hurry to push across the iPhone 5, actually sold a half baked product. Initially, the absolutely bad mapping software was what was being discussed worldwide. People gloated over Apple tripping over its own feet as it attempted to run even before it could walk. In spite of all that, the die hard Apple fan still accepted the flaws as "natural" considering that Apple had just ventured into the big bad world, all alone, after having held onto the little finger of Google for so long. However, with defects being observed on the casing, leakage of light, antenna issues etc, the hardware does not seem as lucrative any more. Would people switch to other brands and would Apple take a beating?

Much as I despise Apple for its closed door approach, I still respected the company for the quality that was evident. I am forced to no longer share that view if what has been projected here is true. Apple better pull up its own socks and concentrate more on their own product quality rather than on law suits to sell phones.

Or else, they would have to win all the cases that they file against rivals, so that no one else can compete with them anymore!

Only time would tell.

Edited by rahulsid
  • Like 1

Another issue people are reporting is "no sim" message. The sim is recognised after restarting the phone, but same error returns after some time.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

One more issue added to the bandwagon... from a totally unexpected place I must admit

Untitled-3_2346605b.jpg

Apple launched the latest version of iOS this week, including an iPad alarm clock application featuring analogue faces. Schweizerische Bundesbahnen, the federal train operator in Switzerland, claims that these clock faces infringe a copyright design created for the organisation in 1955 by Hans Hilfiker.

The minimal design has become a national icon and is now licensed by Mondaine as a wrist watch.

SBB spokesman Christian Ginsig told Swiss newspaper Tages Anzeigerthat the alleged use of the clock proved that it was a "true designer piece" and that the discovery had been a "joy". However, he also said that it was unauthorised and that SBB would be talking to Apple.

An SBB spokesman said: "We are in contact with Apple to seek together an agreement about the rights." Apple was not available for comment at the time of writing.

Apple accused of copying Swiss clock design in iOS6

Edited by rahulsid

I'm sure, apple will soon come with update resolving all the issues or work around for the same.

I'm sure, apple will soon come with update resolving all the issues or work around for the same.

Before coming up with solution, first let them accept that there is some problem.

• Like 2

Right. Because apple is so innovative, a software update would also change anodized aluminium and physical display into something else :P

• Like 5

Please do not hate for posting this, just a funny video for you all to check.

This is the original video for laughs.

Edited by digitalnirvana
  • Like 1

Verizon iPhone 5 comes unlocked!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Consider price similar to factory unlocked phones. So there is no benefit as such.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2