Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant.motlani

Suggestions for CDMA handset with keypad

I want to buy cdma handsets with keypad for calling purpose only( no touch mobiles). earlier LG was supplying very good sets but now stopped. all samsung handset had been used by me and they are so old. no new handset launched nowadays.

are there any better option left for keypad lovers?

is there any good set like nokia 6275 etc?

• Like 1

Very difficult question to answer.

In my opinion, good phones (good specifications like powerful processor, memory, camera, equipped with latest applications, better communication online and offline, etc) are available with touch only or at least with with touch if there is keypad option.

Here keypad+touch combo handsets will be suggested, good example of which is Samsung Epic. Or you can go for BB on CDMA.

Samsung s239 and W279 is good option.

I would suggest Palm Pixi shich may fulfill all your needs

Micromax C190 looks good

micromaxc190.jpg

Other option is to get a GSM+CDMA handset where you have more choice.

Since he needs a phone only for calling, so there is no need of qwerty keyboards or multicore processors.

Only thing required is good looks, sound quality and battery backup.

Even my requirements match this person.

So your suggestions will help me too.

thanks all for their suggestions.but many items like f219 are out of stock in samsung stores/online. micromax reviews are not available.qwerty is not easy to use for calling purpose only.

^ how many pcs. of samsung basic phones you required, PM me..

I want to buy cdma handsets with keypad for calling purpose only( no touch mobiles). earlier LG was supplying very good sets but now stopped. all samsung handset had been used by me and they are so old. no new handset launched nowadays.

Actually I am in same position as you. I have bought MTS Mtag 352, Android CDMA but somehow I did not like these too many features. I felt as if my life got complicated because of this phone, not to mention it is always plugged to charger. Hence I put it on in Buy/Cell forum and starteted searching for basic bar shaped CDMA handset for calling/texting purpose. It is so sad there are hardly any CDMA manufacturers left.

I looked arund offline in market recently here in Hyderabad and there are only few handsets I was able to find:

• Samsung Mpower TV S239 (OMH)
  • Samsung Mpower Muzik F219 (OMH) - this handest slows down after some usage. Everything runs slow after say 7-10 months of use
  • Samsung SCH-B229 (unlocked)
  • Samsung Digirap (brilliant audio clarity and high volume in calls and price is only 1500/-). Bit heavy and fat

Online, I see MTS Striker ZTE C121 available from from ebay for around 1K. Make sure you tell us whatever you buy as it helps us too.

• Like 1

Why not go for Blackberry Style... Its compact and battery is always good in blackberry....

2hmdau0.jpg

if price and form factor is not a constraint then its good handset.....Also blackberries interface is very simple...

Before starting this topic,i was aware of the fact that there are many people whose needs matches. Infact , in our state Chhattisgarh, there is huge demand of cdma with keypad only.the main reason is that there is no EVDO in our state so to buy a cdma touch phone restricts to wifi use only.<br /> We keep touch phones with another gsm Sim. <br /> All are searching and finally chooses the same OLD & UNWANTED.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

I have seen many shifting to GSM from CDMA for handset sake and face "Network Busy" and "Fading voice" during a call.

Better select a good CDMA handset among available and stick on with it.

Voice call or Data CDMA is the best

• Like 1

I have seen many shifting to GSM from CDMA for handset sake and face "Network Busy" and "Fading voice" during a call.

Better select a good CDMA handset among available and stick on with it.

Voice call or Data CDMA is the best

Voice - yes. But that is also subjective now with CDMA operators closing down towers and not maintaining them. It is not at all good now; at best at par with GSM. Though in some area/pockets where coverage is still top notch it is better than GSM.

Data - No. Yes, a big No. A big issue with CDMA network is that phone is engaged when on 1x (and sometimes on EvDo too) and 80% of towers are 1x only. So unless you plan to stay only witin EvDo coverage with no roaming in 1x areas, it is a big No. And with EvDo coverage actually falling (RCDMA is no more maintaining EvDo towers in low revenue area; forget about adding new ones), it makes no sense to have a 20K smartphone just to see that your phone sounds engage while using data. And certainly Data needs to be kept ON 24x7... its 2013, not 2009!

due to careful evalution, our 12 RCDMA connections in family are now gone down to 3 and I am also thinking of finally convert remaining ones to GSM. And I tell you I did not regret leaving RCDMA. GSM just works.. and there is a reason why most of the world is on GSM and why CDMA tech is pronounced dead by its father QUALCOM only.

For OP, I have bought Samsung SCH-B339 handset for 1400/- here in Hyderabad. It is fat handset but very light. Call quality is very good. You get basic MTS handset (unlocked) too for around 850/- . I think if you look enough then you will easily get a nice basic CDMA handset.

@mcwintek

Even my the dealer from whom I do recharges every month was saying same about dying customer base of CDMA. It seems like in next 10 years CDMA will almost be gone. Still, In Hyderabad, TATA DOCOMO CDMA is best coverage you can get. Thank you so much for 1x information. I was wondering why my internet does not work half of the time. Like you, I tried to switch to TATA DOCOMO GSM but its coverage is pathetic in Hyderabad.

I bought Jaipan CG906 from shopclues three months back for 1200. Basic phone with gsm+cdma dual sim and qwerty pad. Got fm also. So far no complaints.

• Like 1

Actually I am in same position as you. I have bought MTS Mtag 352, Android CDMA but somehow I did not like these too many features. I felt as if my life got complicated because of this phone, not to mention it is always plugged to charger. Hence I put it on in Buy/Cell forum and starteted searching for basic bar shaped CDMA handset for calling/texting purpose. It is so sad there are hardly any CDMA manufacturers left.

I looked arund offline in market recently here in Hyderabad and there are only few handsets I was able to find:

Samsung Mpower TV S239 (OMH)

Samsung Mpower Muzik F219 (OMH) - this handest slows down after some usage. Everything runs slow after say 7-10 months of use

Samsung SCH-B229 (unlocked)

Samsung Digirap (brilliant audio clarity and high volume in calls and price is only 1500/-). Bit heavy and fat

Online, I see MTS Striker ZTE C121 available from from ebay for around 1K. Make sure you tell us whatever you buy as it helps us too.

Where did you find Samsung f219 at hyderabad. I am unable to get it anywhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Where did you find Samsung f219 at hyderabad. I am unable to get it anywhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

You will get it from Hong Kong market in Secunderabad. That is may be the only place where you can find it,

• Like 1

Any clamshell RUIM based basic handset available in the market? For voice and sms only. Still miss my GTran. No blackberry please.

I remember long back our reputed sellers were selling imported Samsung Smooth (flip keypad only) for 1-1.5K range. If there is enough demand, maybe some body in the seller group can procure a batch of Smooth's or similar phones. Availability of cdma featurephones in US appears to be better than in India :)

I am also searching good quality (Branded Only- No to Micro, karbon, lemon etc) for my mother.

Requirement is Good keypad, Clear voice, Good battery Backup. (Looks should be good, cheap phone not required - in range of upto 5-6K)

There is huge requirement of this type of phone to all HDFC Bank Employees, as they are operating on Reliance CDMA Network, and no phone is available at all.

Edited by sandeepjaipur

^^^ I too see many CDMA phones are out of stock at present.

This simple phone Samsung B219 is in STOCK.

http://www.shopclues.com/samsung-sch-b219-cdma-mobile-phone-tata-logo-works-with-tata-docomo-cdma-clone.html

Another option is CDMA+GSM Samsung W279 available at Adexmart

http://adexmart.com/samsung-mobile-phones/5805-samsung-primo-duos-w279-cdma-gsm-mobile-phone.html

Sandeep you can have a look at this phone Samsung Primos duos w279.Dual sim cdma+gsm

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/mobile-phone/mobile-phone/cdma-phone/SCH-W279MSAINU

Even Mpowertxt if your mom will be ok with blackberry type (qwerty kbd) not sure if this model is still around

I found it in sulekha

http://mobiles.sulekha.com/samsung_mpower-txt-m369_mobile.htm

Edited by theknownstrangerr

1st one was cheap phone, Its not look good to give it to my Mom.

2nd one m369, the same phone we have 3 numbers in my family. so this become common.

Being we are using Reliance CDMA since long, everybody in our family having Reliance CDMA (Thanks to R-2-R free calling plan)

But now a days, No good CDMA phone available in the market, The phone must have only KeyPad with Good Battery backup.

Any Importer who is working on CDMA, please take my request.

How many qty ?