Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

News Snippets

Sistema Shyam Teleservices' IM application MBuddy to take on WhatsApp

Sistema Shyam's (MTS) mBuddy to take on whatsapp

Christened MBuddy, the WhatsApp variant from CDMA-technology-based telcom operator Sistema Shyam Teleservices will initially allow folks who cannot afford Android devices to do unlimited messaging on their plain vanilla CDMA handsets at Rs 15 a month.

mBuddy allows messaging, photo sharing and audio file sharing in MTS CDMA feature phones

Flipkart Goes Offline For Kerala Customers - Channel Times - http://www.channeltimes.com/story/flipkarts-market-place-products-now-unavailable-in-kerala/

[5:09pm, 21/05/2014] Gurpreet Singh Jagdev: Big news... Kerala IT association step to save themselves from online onslaught. kerala Govt. Supported by banning Flipkart as first step.

Please click on link to get more info about flip cart off line for Kerala , great effort by Kerala IT association to protect local business...

Amazon Fire Phone, 32GB (AT&T)The only smartphone with Dynamic Perspective, Firefly, Mayday, and more

$199.00 – $649.00

So i reckon this a Amazon' mobile catalog with usual smartphone features ? I wish you failure.

• Like 1

At this price, there is NO other chance...

sent from my rooted Droid MAXX using Tapatalk

I believe $199 is with 2 year contract from Verizon.

Honest ji, I think it's 199$ with 2 year contract from AT&T. Further it's exclusive for AT&T I think...

sent from my rooted Droid MAXX using Tapatalk

It’s right to serve worm-infested food to Indians. Right, Kelloggs?

Source

Remember October 2003, Cadbury India was hit by a huge controversy. Some of its products were infested with worms. The company worked hard to get out of the huge negativity the incident, or several of them, in Bangalore especially, got them into. They even roped in Amitabh Bachchan who extolled views across TV channels about the virtues of their chocolates and how spic and span the factory was and how it was packed in layers, under hygienic conditions to bring to you a product that is safe and ‘bug’-free, so to say.

It did come as a shock to a lot then, for, most of these transnational giants come to India with a promise. A promise to deliver to the deprived Indians world-class products that they can buy right here, and not beg an uncle returning from an overseas trip and somehow lay your hands on a packet of Kraft cheese, or Toblerone chocolates or Head & Shoulder shampoo, or even a pair of Levi’s jeans.

But it seems most of these biggies, when it comes to India, forget to adhere to the norms that they painstakingly follow abroad, taking the Indian consumer, or perhaps even the system here for granted. The latest to join the list of biggies offering worm-infested product to hapless Indians is Kelloggs India, the company that wants to change the breakfast habit of us Indians.

photo-1-768x1024.jpg

Archana Sanjay in Bangalore opened a fresh pack of the company’s Chocos product, poured it into a bowl for her 3-year-old son Aarav and just as she was about to look away and let the child enjoy the product from the company that offers ‘world’s favourite cereal’, she heard him squeal.

photo-3-757x1024.jpg

To her horror, the ‘quality’ product had a worm crawling inside the chocolatey pod that Aarav was about to devour.

photo-51-1024x768.jpg

The product was packed on March 9, 2014 and was to be consumed within 9 months.

Horrified, she snatched it from the child. But if you thought that the single pod alone was infested, you are wrong. Each and every pod of the product had the creepy crawly insect. Shocked, she went to the market and just to check, picked up another packet. The story repeated itself there too.

photo-4-768x1024.jpg

Clearly, the company missed an opportunity here. When it claimed that this product is “a nourishing breakfast to take on an action packed and fun filled day in school. That’s because Chocos is now made with Whole Grain, which gives 11 essential vitamins and minerals, and fibre” it forgot to mention that their premium product also offers protein, live one at that.

Archana is approaching the consumer forum with her complain and all evidence, and that even the product available on the shelves currently is infested.

How utterly disgusting!

Why do these companies treat Indian consumers almost with disdain? Sure, some will argue that Indian companies had been giving us such substandard and unhygienic product since ages, that we should not complain. Not fair. These biggies come into India with a promise that they will offer us quality that is world class. They get permission to set up operation here by playing on the emotional quotient, that the Indians have now arrived, and deserve to get world-class products, right here. Of course, they are never bothered about profits that among the fastest growing consumer markets in the world offers, I am sure, for their intention is to make us healthy.

However, even as one disgusts, almost pukes at the thought of what if the child had consumed it. Actually, who knows. It is possible other kids were not as fortunate, for, doesn’t it often happen that the parent pours it into a bowl and gets busy while the child plays around, without being supervised. This episode has hurt that trust. It should.

And even as I write this, I often wonder why should we let go of our own healthy, and fresh, option and go in for these processed items. Irrespective of their tall claims, they are not as healthy, or nutritious. How can this product, for example, compare with the spongy idlis, the healthiest fast food in the world, or light parathas, which, even with a little butter, would be better off than worm-infested, processed food on offer by these biggies.

For me, a paratha or a roti or South Indian tiffin alternatives like upma or idli or dosa anyday over KFC or Big Mac.

• Like 1

I myself have seen such episodes three times clearly in my memory.

1. It was Cadbury dairy milk. Creepy worms inside. Mailed Cadbury customer care. They sent a manager to my place who apologised and told sir we destroy and burn so much of chocolates each month so that consumers don't get faulty products. Some still sneak in. Left a celebrations pack.

2. Mars chocolate bought from eBay. (PICS ATTACHED) Again same old story. In fact there were not only worms but even some kind of net woven like spiders do. Seller apologised and sent me new replacements. They were not manufactured in India.

3. A 5/- Five Star bought from a local kiraana. (PICS ATTACHED) Had ants inside. This time I din do anything. Just threw it.

2emesa8a.jpgjahuguve.jpgedy2una6.jpg

post-74759-14069685766_thumb.jpg

Edited by ankitdaluka
  • Like 1

Over 1,500 MHz Spectrum Likely to be Available by 2015

About 1,538 MHz of spectrum in various bands for telecom services may be made available for auction next year, a move that will help the government expand mobile and broadband penetration in the country.

In the premium 700 Mhz band, which can be used for 4G and is even being considered for 5G services, 93 MHz of radiowaves can be put for sale. In the 800 MHz (CMDA), 900 MHz and 1,800 MHz bands 117.5 MHz, 184 MHz and 104 MHz, respectively, can be made available, sources said.

In 2,300 MHz band (broadband wireless access spectrum) 320 MHz spectrum and in the 2,500 MHz band, about 720 MHz could also be put on the block for sale, they added.

Besides, the government expects to make available a fresh set of 300 MHz spectrum for mobile services by 2017 and an additional 200 MHz by 2020.

Sources said that almost all of the spectrum in 800 MHz, 900 MHz and 1,800 MHz will be available through the expiry of licences as well as that unsold in the last conducted auction.

For 700 MHz band, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) had recommended that the reserve price for the spectrum should be four times of that of the 1,800 MHz band.

The 700-Mhz frequency band is considered to be one of the most valuable slots for telecom services as most of the latest technology can be transmitted in this band. Also investment required to roll out infrastructure will be lower for telecom companies in 700 Mhz compared to using higher frequency.

Spectrum auction in the last four years has fetched the government about Rs. 1.75 lakh crore, which includes Rs. 61,162 crore this year from auction in the 800 MHz, 900 MHz and 1,800 MHz band and Rs. 1.05 lakh in 2010 in 2,300 MHz and 2,500 MHz.

Government has set a revenue target of Rs. 45,471 crore from communication services, including proceeds from spectrum auction and other related charges in the current fiscal year (2014-15).

Additionally, there are plans to make available 85 MHz spectrum in the 2,100 MHz band - currently used for 3G services - but that will be subject to release by the Defence Ministry, sources said.

Availability of spectrum will aid the government in achieving the objectives in the National Telecom Policy (NTP) 2012.

According to NTP 2012, the government aims to increase rural tele-density from the current level of around 39 to 70 by the year 2017 and 100 by the year 2020.

Besides, it aims to provide affordable and reliable broadband on demand by 2015, to achieve 175 million broadband connections by the year 2017 and 600 million by the year 2020, at minimum 2 Mbps download speed and making available higher speeds of at least 100 Mbps on demand.

PNR Status

Indian Railway in collaboration with Google is now providing a 10 digit mobile number.

Just SMS your PNR number on this mobile number and instantaneously you will get your ticket's current status along with all other journey related details.

The number is 97733-00000.

NO need to prefix 0 or +91.

Best of all, you don't pay a premium charge for any of this, just the price of a standard SMS. PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO STORE THE NUMBER IN YOUR MOBILE PHONE.

sent from my HTC EVO design using tapatalk

this used to work very well till a few years back

most times now a days you get standard reply...

Indian railway servers are busy.. bla bla bla

Reliance Communication sets up Special Call Centre for cyclone hit VIZAG in Andhra Pradesh

The Andhra Pradesh unit of Reliance Communications, India’s integrated telecommunications service provider, has stepped up relief and support measures for the assistance of the cyclone- and flood-affected people of the state—offering a free call center number 1949 to help them trace the mobile of the customer where it was seen last.

Reliance Communications has announced many initiatives for the victims of Cyclone Hudhud and the floods that ravaged Viazg and the nearby areas in its aftermath. To begin with, RCOM is offering a toll free number 1949 where customers can call and share the Reliance number of their near and dear, who are not traceable in the cyclone affected areas. Reliance call center will immediately provide them the last location where this mobile was radiating, before it got switched off. This will help them to know the last seen locations of the person and some action can be taken accordingly. In case the number belongs to some other operator, Reliance will coordinate with the operator and get the details and share with the customer subsequently.

Besides the above the customer can also get the update on towers which are operational and which are shutdown due to the cyclone fury. This gesture has been hugely appreciated by the local consumers who are availing the service

Source: Telecomtalk

Vodafone is offering iPhone on EMI. It is same as earlier RCOM plan. It is launched today for Mumbai. No idea about other circles. They offer most of the iPhone models.

Check Vodafone site here..

Rcom and Facebook tie up to provide free internet access to 33 websites. Not sure rcdma or rgsm.

Here is the link

http://www.bgr.in/news/rcom-and-facebook-announce-internet-org-in-india-to-provide-free-access-to-33-websites/

There is an app to access this plus through their website called internet.org

340251f7e388b340f309599bf4267609.jpg

Edited by ::: VA :::

Samsung Galaxy S4 official price dropped to ₹ 17,999 !!!

Sent from my iPad Air

Rcom and Facebook tie up to provide free internet access to 33 websites. Not sure rcdma or rgsm.

Here is the link

http://www.bgr.in/news/rcom-and-facebook-announce-internet-org-in-india-to-provide-free-access-to-33-websites/

There is an app to access this plus through their website called internet.org

340251f7e388b340f309599bf4267609.jpg

Their newspaper advertisement says that the feature is not available for RCDMA Postpaid subscribers. But I am getting this notification " free data " while accessing those sites via internet.org app. I am a postpaid subscriber.

Sent from my iPad Air

Moto maxx aka droid turbo, coming to India soon via flipkart B-ME5s1CUAAscGW.png

Edited by ::: VA :::
  • Like 1

Good... Heard its BL can be unlocked (so obviously root possible).. The last time I was toooo excited when paying FULL price for a phone is during Motorola RazrMAXX (XT910) purchase...

If it comes with Band40 and Band3 (Band 3 confirmed even in Verizon model - so its given) 4G Lte support, then Motorola can have my money...

Droid turbo is launched as Moto Turbo on flipkart only for 41,999/- 64gb black model

where is nexus 6 is selling for 48,999/- 64gb model

available for pre order now

http://www.flipkart.com/moto-turbo/p/itme45h87vyhb3mg?pid=MOBE45H673ZGUCVX&otracker=ts_motorola-moto-turbo_PromoWidget2_1-0_banners_0

Airtel will start only after RJIO and not earlier (my anticipation).