Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
snorlax

Your Experience With Service Centres of Electronic Gadgets

Hi friends.

Was thinking to start this topic since quite a few days. Today got time.

Mods kindly move thread to appropriate section if this is a duplicate thread.

The purpose of this thread is to share your experiences with service centres of electronic gadgets like mobiles, hard disks, tablets etc..

In today's times there are a plethora of handsets in every price range considering the likes of mmx karbonn lava iball and what not. However the quality does not really match the other standard brands. So apart from performance it is equally important to know the quality of after sales service and availability of parts.

Also I have heard that servicing quality for the same brand varies from region to region. Someone may be happy with the service in Delhi while someone in Ahmedabad might be having a hard time.

So let us share our experiences and help fellow rimwebians make am informed decision in their purchases..

My experience with HTC :

On the morning of 22.6.13 HTC chacha being used by my father developed problems. About 1/4th of the screen on the right side became unresponsive. Gave it in servicing on 27.06 as it was in warranty at redington Vadodara. Well it has been almost a MONTH now and still there is no news.. Numerous calls and mails have not yielded anything really. Problem always said is non availability of parts.

If it takes a brand like HTC to take over a month to service a mobile coz of non availability of parts, It sets really low standards.

No policy either of a back up handset.

Disappointing experience.

My experience with Micromax:

About a year back had developed a problem in a handset q3. It was not powering on. Submitted at service centre. After a week when I enquires they said it needed mobo replacement and will be sent to Ahmedabad. After a month got the handset in hand in Vadodara. Problem was aptly solved but level of professionalism is very low.

When I got the handset I could make out that the housing body did not look like mine. When I complained about it at the spot the repairing guy replaced it with some other q3 which was lying with him for repair. Weird really. Then I noticed there was lot of dust between the lcd and the housing. Again he opened it in front of me and started cleaning with a rough cloth. Before I could stop him there were already two three permanent scratches due to cloth rubbing with dust.

I realised it was useless to ask for anything more. I quickly left...

• Like 3

The word "Micromax" used with the word "Service Center" is a paradoxical oxymoron and should not be used together in a sentence !!!

• Like 1

Btw I really want to know if brands like karbonn mmx iball lava xolo intex all fall in the same category as far as servicing is concerned or are there some better ones within them.

Micromax service center is worst if you are going there.

They will operation it.

Till now I had to visit only a Nokia service center in Delhi to change my phone's charger. It was super smooth except for one thing.

I had to wait about half an hour for my turn to reach the service exec. I received a call about two or three days that my return was ready.

When I reached to collect my thing, I was done in about 15 mins finalising all the document work.

Yes I recollect. Even I had same charger issue with Samsung. They replaced it within five minutes. Yes five minutes. Btw there was no waiting line or queue. Got lucky

My new Lumia 720 (when it was 32 days old, Now its 60 days) used to start vibrating on its own.

Visited Nokia Care in bangalore where they reinstalled the firmware.

Next day they problem again started so I mailed nokia ceo and they replaced my handset with a new boxed handset in the next 3 days.

Overall very happy.

• Like 1

My new Lumia 720 (when it was 32 days old, Now its 60 days) used to start vibrating on its own.

Visited Nokia Care in bangalore where they reinstalled the firmware.

Next day they problem again started so I mailed nokia ceo and they replaced my handset with a new boxed handset in the next 3 days.

Overall very happy.

Nokia CEO ??? U mean Stephen Elop ... KUDOS MATE !!! :)

Yes.. His mailbox works ad a postmaster. They just forward it to nokia India

• Like 2

Nokia asaha repaired in 30 minute

sent by huaweitrick@gmail.com (samsung s3 )

abtak mostly all companys ke phone used kar chuka hu...,but samsung ke alava koi aur customer care me jane ki jaroorat hi nai padi,:P

samaj aaye to like karo...:D

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Yes.. His mailbox works ad a postmaster. They just forward it to nokia India

GREAT !!!

Totally unrelated but this trick always works.. Few months back I had a mishap with Bluedart where the courier delivery guy instead of dispatching the item , took it to his home and then took leave for 2-3 days. I got so frustated that I prepared a long email incl names of all the ppl I have talked to in that time about the issue to all top management ppl mails I had incl their HR head and Country Head.

Next Day I got a apology from their HR head as well as Pune branch head. Since then I am on their somekind of premium watchlist.. As soon as my item arrives , it is dispatched to me , even if it arrives late in evening and if it doesn't I get a call from their managers directly apologizing for the delay.. Once I went to their office to pickup the courier as I was going somehere soon after and although there was couple ppl waiting to get attended before me , the guy on reception left everything and attended me first.. evryone there were gazing at me as I am some kind of elite member their.. it was a good feeling :)

• Like 3

Now coming back to in relation with service center's feedback , I mostly had average to good experiences with Nokia and HTC service center in Pune. However the phones that I have got serviced are mostly imported and I have to pay for repair, which might be the reason for their quick service.

Had a bad experience with Samsung last year when I went their after my mom's flip-phone (dont remember the model no) had some issues with charging.. Although they deduced that the issue is with the charging port , they told me that the spare part is not gonna be available for 2-3 weeks and even recommended to get it fixed at some local repair shop. :)

Never used and this serviced local phones like micromax etc.

Compared to Micromax, Karbonn,XOLO...etc...brands...Spice Mobile service is better, i had been there for the issue of touch screen after using 1.5 yrs...they had spare parts and did it in one day....also previously my friedns also expericened the same level of service....atleast better to micromaxx, karbonn etc....even mobile built quality is also good and same budget phones like micromax etc.

• Like 1

I request users to kindly also mention the CITY of the service experience. As it varies from region to region.

Regards

twice i have been to motorola service center in pitampura, delhi in 2011 and both times got very good service

thou initially they refused to acknowledge the ebill from letsbuy but after an angry rant and calls to moto they accepted the bill. the issue they raised was that the bill should have a stamp and were not ready to accept digital signatures.

the xt800 has no physical button to reset and the handset went into a boot loop. they flashed the official software and the problem got solved. a faulty cracked sygic was the issue.

Nokia,Samsung Lg and such big brands have their own service centers whereas micromax,karbon,maxx etc mostly have outsourced their servicing.I know this because I know few mobile repairing shops suddenly putting ups boards or service center and their names included in the company's manuals.

I think minor repairs are being done by them and major problems are sent to the company.

My experiences with nokia has been very good,last year I had some network issue with my handset the standard trouble shooting was done on my handset cleaning and flashing the firmware etc,still I was not satisfied and they checked it again and sent it to their main office in Delhi after a week I recieved a new handset in lieu of my 8month old handset.

Another time my mom's handset had some display issue and again this time also the display was replaced and handset given back the next day.

So I would say branded handsets pays when it comes to service during warranty.

My above experiences were in Mumbai.

Visited micromax service center in Bangalore today. They took my friend's handset but did not give a TAT. Poor service at the first instance.

Sent from my Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

Can some Rimwebians guide me to trusted authorized / local service centres for hardware repair issues in mobile phones?

I have a hardware issue with my Samsung ET4G. Would prefer location near Chembur, Mumbai or Vashi, Navi Mumbai.

Thanks!!

In Vashi there is one or two near Golden Punjab Restaurant, Sector 17... Would give you details by tomorrow morning...

Got the ET4G repaired today. Cost me 750 to get the vibrate switch and 3.5 mm jack replaced. Working A-OK now. Thanks for the inputs.

Can some Rimwebians guide me to trusted authorized / local service centres for hardware repair issues in mobile phones?

I have a hardware issue (sim tray needs to be changed -nOt reading) is with my LG Optimus. Would prefer location near Anna Nagar or Teynampet Chennai.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2