Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raghugs

Google Web Accelarator Revealed!

This is what the FAQ says:

Also note that during the first part of our beta testing period, users outside of North America and Europe may not see much improvement in their web page loading speed. :(

Thanx for sharin the info raghugs...

i doubt if this would help us much...currently.

this from the FAQ page

Google Web Accelerator Basics

1. What is Google Web Accelerator?

Google Web Accelerator is an application that uses the power of Google's global computer network to make web pages load faster. Google Web Accelerator is easy to use; all you have to do is download and install it, and from then on many web pages will automatically load faster than before.

Please note that Google Web Accelerator is currently in beta test mode. If you have any problems using it or have suggestions for how we can improve it, please see the Google Group devoted to it.

Also note that during the first part of our beta testing period, users outside of North America and Europe may not see much improvement in their web page loading speed.

2. How does Google Web Accelerator work?

Google Web Accelerator uses various strategies to make your web pages load faster, including:

* Sending your page requests through Google machines dedicated to handling Google Web Accelerator traffic.

* Storing copies of frequently looked at pages to make them quickly accessible.

* Downloading only the updates if a web page has changed slightly since you last viewed it.

* Prefetching certain pages onto your computer in advance.

* Managing your Internet connection to reduce delays.

* Compressing data before sending it to your computer.

3. Can I use Google Web Accelerator with a dial-up connection?

Dial-up users may not see much improvement, as Google Web Accelerator is currently optimized to speed up web page loading for broadband connections.

those are the first three questions ! guess this answers most of our doubts

good thing is it goes ok with both firefox and ie

basicaly,i think we can wait for a while...

It'll not do anything special, except caching the pages on ur hard disk that u frequently visit. Thats the thing called Prefetching.

Its also the feature of Windows XP prefetching the applications that we frequently use to speed up their launching time.

It'll not do anything special, except caching the pages on ur hard disk that u frequently visit. Thats the thing called Prefetching.

Its also the feature of Windows XP prefetching the applications that we frequently use to speed up their launching time.

31106[/snapback]

This is also incorporated today by most browsers where they store recent site activity and pages, and prefetches the page the next time u open the same site....

Hello Everybody

i didn't sharply examined Google Web Accelerator before posting.

first i want to inform my fello Relience rconnect users via rimweb.

but you can see the time saved when using it in Internet Explorer or Firefox's Google Web Accelerator toolbar and in Performance Statistics page that dictates Google Web Accelerator workings.

Edited by raghugs

With two hours of browsing it shows only 30 seconds saved for me!!!

Do not think that this works perfectly!!

...and google doesnt even claim it will work here...

we're a double no-no... we're not in us/europe and we're not using broadband...

...nothin personal raghugs...do keep sharin info... :)

I've installed it at work and apparently I've saved 26.5 minutes. Thats 26.5 minutes more I can goof of a play pool? I think not!!!!

http://webaccelerator.google.com/

shows this now

" Thank you for your

interest in Google Web Accelerator.

We have currently reached our

maximum capacity of users and

are actively working to increase

the number of users we can support."

And how safe it is, I mean how much information from my storage,

and during surfing sessions will be indexed, so that someone with

malicious intent can solve there pooo ... with the help of this new

google thingy from the so called "google wizards" .

Cheers ................................

Google Web Accelerator sparks privacy fears:

Some users are concerned that the Google Web Accelerator, still in beta, could pose a risk to privacy. Google Web Accelerator is a plug-in for Internet Explorer and Firefox that caches data from frequently visited websites and even checks for regular updates, so that users have new information ready for them the next time they browse the Web. One user complained that when visiting one site, the Accelerator logged him in as someone he did not know, suggesting that it used someone else's cache to gain access information. Google would not comment on the claim accept to say that while the Accelerator can collect such information as IP address, e-mail address, connection data, and cookies, it will not log data entered during SSL sessions.

More info can be found at :

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/security/0,20...39190826,00.htm

Edited by Vishal Gupta

The counter has suddenly started climbing up faster for me now...

Perhaps its working now...

In the last two days it saved me more thn 20 mins...

Thats pretty good!!!

google perhaps made the most controversial software .. ofcourse after M$ win :clap:

http://google.blognewschannel.com/index.php/archives/2005/05/05/much-controversy-over-googles-accelerator/