Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shailu

Red Light And Green Light-lg Rd2030 Charger

hi

how does the power charger for lg rd2030 work?

sometimes the green light comes in five minutes of charging. then i have to remove and replace it again for the red light to come back.

will the phone keep charging even if the green light has come or will it charge only during the red light.

how is it determined when the phone is charged?should i leave the phone for some time in the charger irrespective the red or green light?

if u have any experience regarding this plz share it.

Edited by shailu

Well green indicates charged and red indicates charging.If you see green light faster then clean your battery contacts behind your phone with some alcoholic liquid in sponge or cotton.this will clean the contacts and make power flow smooth from the charger to the phone battery :grin:

Well green indicates charged and red indicates charging.If you see green light  faster then clean your battery contacts behind your phone with some alcoholic liquid in sponge or cotton.this will clean the contacts and make power flow smooth from the charger to the phone battery :grin:

31254[/snapback]

so when the green light appears wil the phone stop charging? will there be any use in keeping the phone in the charger a little longer?

my phone nevers seem to be fully charged so shall i keep it in the charger a little longer?

will the phone stop charging after the green light appears :quest:

sometimes the red light starts blinking. Whats that for? It stops blinking when i reposition the phone on the dock.

sometimes the red light starts blinking. Whats that for? It stops blinking when i reposition the phone on the dock.

31262[/snapback]

IT happens for me many times.

"If it blinks it means there is a loose connection at the power supply. insert it into the socket properly." thats what the reliance guys say. :confuse:

but i usually remove the phone and put it back it again. maybe we should try cleaning the charger at the charging point

Go to the ASC(Auth. Service Center), and get the contacts of the phone and ur charger checked. They clean it as mentioned earlier and make sure things work fine! Also, u might even notice that the charger may work fine in some of the sockets while it might not work the same way in other sockets!! Jus try it out in different sockets of the house!

but i still have one doubt:

will the phone stop charging after the green light or will it continue to charge after the green light appears???

Technically it must stop charging! Wat goes on inside, god only knows :)

Technically it must stop charging! Wat goes on inside, god only knows ;)

31321[/snapback]

These Li-ion batteries are so sensitive to overcharging that even a slight overcharge could easily destroy them.

I think it stops charging...because so many times I have left my phone on charging overnight and remove it in the morning and the battery works fine.

i dont think that the phone stops charging if the green light comes online.

i dont know much about trickle chargers for Li-ion batteries, but the DESKTOP charger that we use IS a trickle charger.

what it means is that if there is a flow of current form the charger to the phone battery, then the red light comes on, but if there is no flow of current from the charger to the battery, then the green light comes on.

it could possible be just detetion of battery voltage, i.e. if the battery voltage is below the fully-charged voltage, then current flows into the battery else not.

i dont know much about trickle chargers for Li-ion batteries, but the DESKTOP charger that we use IS a trickle charger.

what it means is that if there is a flow of current form the charger to the phone battery, then the red light comes on, but if there is no flow of current from the charger to the battery, then the green light comes on.

it could possible be just detetion of battery voltage, i.e. if the battery voltage is below the fully-charged voltage, then current flows into the battery else not.

31417[/snapback]

I agree with what you are saying. And you are only consolidating my point that if green light is on, it means no flow of current--->implies no charging (charging means there has to be a flow of current )

So, when green light lights up, charging stops.

Hi

I have used this LG 2030.. aha whatta pain it was. The user manual did not help much. No details at all about charging the phone also..

First of all the phone has to be kept on while charging. The red light indicates that the phone is charging. While the green light is a sure sign that the battery has been charged. OK sometimes it will so happen that within minutes you will get a green llight indicating full charge. Don't be happy & get excited, instead re-do the entire thing again.

When the red light blinks, human tendency is to get a stupified look on the face. The same look can be seen on the face of the guys at WW & LG service centre when you ask them this phenomenon. I guess, this happens when there is a voltage fluctuation. The charger is big enough to hold machinery that can probably sense voltage fluctuations & blink in excitement.

Well, there are other glitches as well..during the red light on the charger, the phone gets heated. When the green light is on the charger tries to match its temperature with the already toaster-hot phone.

I couldn't understand.. I gave up & bought a Nokia instead :o

hi

from the above posts it seems the phone stops charging after the green light or atleast thats what i infer from reading the posts.

and one more problem with this charger is that the back side of the phone gets scratched and my phone now looks terrible b'coz of that. has anybody got a solution to that problem? :help: or u r also suffering from the same problem? :o

thanks you for ur suggestions :o

hi

from the above posts it seems the phone stops charging after the green light or atleast thats what i infer from reading the posts.

and one more problem with this charger is that the back side of the phone gets scratched and my phone now looks terrible b'coz of that. has anybody got a solution to that problem? :help: or u r also suffering from the same problem? :o

thanks you for ur suggestions :o

31515[/snapback]

I have purchased a travel charger for my 2030 after using the desktop charger for 2 years. It is much more convenient to use...no blinking light problem and smaller to carry around (while travelling). It costs 550/- at WW, although I used part of Rs.1000 free vouchers I recd from Reliance. (i.e. as Privileged Customer Rewards)

31262[/snapback]

Means loose contact between charger and mobile, remove mobile and slide back into charger,incase problem still arises clean contacts.

I Never remove my phone from the charger... !!

my phone's been errm... more stationary than 'mobile' :o (only rconnect)

only when the power goes down... or... when i take it out for a recharge - those are the only times the phone is NOT getting charged... guess im fryin out my batteries like anything....

31262[/snapback]

IT happens for me many times.

31263[/snapback]

me too dude... it keeps blinking until i move/re-position the charger. it should be some kinda loose-contact...as mentioned earlier.

31417[/snapback]

Yep... My Genius Brain at WORK!!!!! <-- Kidding

I read this topic, and decided to test this question, I have a spare battery, which I charge without the rest of the handset attached to it, this battery was drained out at the time i put it in the charger (Multimeter showed a voltage of 2.2v), after 25mins, the green light switched on... (voltage 3.1v) , I left the battery to charge further (did not remove it for another 8 hours (full night) in the morning voltage was 3.6v , after I removed the battery from the charger, I periodically tested the battery for any leaks but the voltage was consistant at 3.5 - 3.6v all through out... I think this answers some questions!!!!...

Moreover, when the light is blinking and I do not do anything to it (in fact I do not even touch it, and the battery life on the mobile screen shows 2 bands, I find that after some time the light on the charger turns green and after some time the battery indication shows 3 or maybe even full charge....

Others please try out and tell me the results u find.

I  Never remove my phone from the charger...  !! 

my phone's been errm... more stationary than  'mobile' :o   (only rconnect)

only when the power goes down... or... when i take it out for a recharge - those are the only times the phone is NOT getting charged... guess im fryin out my batteries like anything....

me too dude... it keeps blinking until i move/re-position the charger. it should be some kinda loose-contact...as mentioned earlier.

31525[/snapback]

i heard that using the phone while its charging is not good for the battery. but my mom keeps talking irrespective of whether its on charger or not. :o

infact my gsm friend goes to such an extent that he switches off his nokia mobile while charging to prolong battery life.

whats ur opinion?

gr8 work ashok :o

according to ur test result the phone keeps charging during green light which is gr8 news for me since i dont have to constantly check the phone and re insert it to get the red light.

if anyone else is able to verify, it will be gr8. lets wait and see

....my mom keeps talking irrespective of whether its on charger or not. :help:

:o:o
.... he switches off his nokia mobile while charging to prolong battery life.

whats ur opinion?

!!! come ON dude, after readin my post on how i treat my battery u realllly think i'm workin on savin battery life ?!?

well even I want some1 to experiment what I tried ... and lets see how well the results tally..

(he he he ... I need not worry of battery life... as I have 3 batteries now... from the time reliance gave RIM 2 Rim free 440voucher... I need batteries so collecting them...)

If I use the travel charger while surfing net and after some time if the light turns green say after 1 or 2 hours will the mobile battery charge or drain itself since you people have said that after green light is on it will not charge please clarify on this matter

When the free net was on I was using samsung with charger cable in that there was no problem after the light turned to green

hi

i've borrowed a multi meter from my friend today.

i shall try to verify what ashok has slready posted. when i checked the voltage today it was 3.94v. let me drain it completely and i shall try to post the results by tomorrow night

As it should be, the light (Light Emitting Diode) has got two LEDs built-in. One with a red display and the other with a green one. These kind of diodes are combination of two diodes fused into a hard coating of white polymers. These LEDs have three legs for Red+Ground+Green channels mentioned as R, 0 & G now onwards. When the current fows from R to 0, Red light is visible. When the current fows from G to 0, Green light is visible. And... when both the channels are active (usually it never happens in a healthy charger if not otherwise configured to display) the combination of Green & Red light appears to be Orange!