Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

Firstly, I've learnt more about Reliance 4G from this forum than from official channels. Thanks for that.

Secondly, some points to consider:

1. Reliance revamped their online store to reflect 4G prioritization
  2. They put ads on TV promoting their 4G-enabled LYF smartphones
  3. They sent umpteen messages about CDMA shutting down and how 4G is inevitable
  4. In some circles, it seems that they've already shut down CDMA signals rendering phones useless
  5. They first said they'd be sending 4G sim by courier (I never got it) and then said to pick it up from the store (they didn't have it too)

And after all this hullabaloo, they want us to go for GSM now? :unexp:

Was this all simply a marketing ploy to get more GSM subscribers because they were never sure of rolling out 4G in time? Or did they want to totally wipe off the existing CDMA base and start off 4G on a fresh note? Really annoying to see this happening and how badly it's being mismanaged.

Calls to CC come up with vague and contradictory responses. It's like they couldn't care less because they don't know who's in charge of this whole fiasco. I also get the impression that if 4G does materialize (miracle!) then it will just be 3G made to seem faster.

On a related note, I'm noticing that On-Net mode on my dongle no longer works (despite recharging for unlimited usage). On my existing CDMA phone too, the voice calls feel muffled and different.

They have taken a great network and chopped it down to a mess. It's not 4G, more like 0G.

• Like 1

buh hahahahaha ... i migrated from reliance cdma to chortel one year back .. and my life became peaceful ... ok ..er... well .. somewhat peaceful ....

This @anil ambani fellow cannot do anyhting right !  I had a harrowing experience with reliance broadband 

So I understand of us here have paid 2 years in advance.  I believe according to TRAI, Telecom service providor cant change terms of offer for any prepaid service till the tenure of payment expires. Which means, if someone has paid for 2 years last June (2015), they cant shut down CDMA till June 2017.

Wont that be right?

Words of hope... I know!

1. RCOM CDMA to RCOM GSM Porting commision is removed ! He will get Zero money !

2. RCOM CDMA people will have first access to 4G RCOM GSM will take long time !

3. VoLTE in RCOM LTE network will start in end of September 2016 ! Till then GSM CSFB !

• Like 3

I just got this msg from my reliance Cdma number what's that's means

Screenshot_2016-05-19-14-00-24.png

Wo sab to theek hai Hetal ji . But million dollar question is: ye 4G ayega kab. :(

Mujhe to10-May bol ke 4G handset bhi dilwa dia ye reliance walon ne. 

SSomebody posted a screenshot of sms which said  17-May launch date in Hyderabad. 

Anyone in Hyderabad confirm whether they started their 4G in Hyderabad and what's the status of CDMA there after the launch of 4G??

Since last 2 hours in Delhi  I  cannot send or receive calls /sms. 

Data (1x/Evdo) not working. 

When I call my number using other phone it says number not reachable. 

Signal Strength : -125dbm (3 out of 6 network signal) 

Don't know whether tower maintenance or screw up or being upgraded to 4G ;P

Edit: UPDATE..

Calls/Sms and data back to normal now on CDMA number. No upgrade to 4G yet. Probably network screw up. Typical Reliance!

Edited by abhi.r
  • Like 1

Rcom buy MTS and paid huge amount for 800 mhz spectrum , then how they can shutdown CDMA service.

20 hours ago, Himani Wadhwa said:

I would like to know if I don't want to upgrade to 4G network, would I be able to continue my existing CDMA connection in my LG 6300 CDMA handset. Is it compulsory to upgrade !

If I buy a new 4G sim will it work in my existing CDMA Handset ( LG 6300 ) or it will work on a 2G network on the same handset or I have to buy a new 4G enabled handset too for this.

Still there is lot of confusion regarding this upgrade. Everyone has different opinions regarding this issue.

I'm not able to find any Reliance store near my location and local stores don't know anything about this. Reliance customer care doesn't reply to mail too.

Plz guide me before CDMA completely shuts down. What should I do ?

Your LG 6300 phone is a cdma only phone, so it will not work with 4G network or even any GSM network. If you don't want to upgrade to 4G network, you are not alone !!, there are many in this forum, who don't want to change, but since RCOM is mostly likely to close down CDMA business, upgrade or change is the only option left with RCOM customers . Local stores or even Reliance stores will be of no use, as they have no idea, about the confirmed decisions with date. 

Edited by silent_god
reply location changed.

South Mumbai - Since yesterday, data has stopped working. Calls are fine.

Not sure what is the next step.

How much is the charge in Mumbai for new 4G SIM?

baa2c4dca434739e81c7e7ee94a7debe.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Translation

Dear Customer, 22nd May 2015 CDMA would upgrade to 4g. This is your last chance. Please visit reliance store to get your free 4g sim.

• Like 1

CDMA EVDO services 23 May se band ho jayengi. Apni services ko chalu rakhne k liye turant nazdiki retailer se Payain naya SIM T&C Reliance.

Got this sms , Delhi Circle

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bablus said:

Translation

Dear Customer, 22nd May 2015 CDMA would upgrade to 4g. This is your last chance. Please visit reliance store to get your free 4g sim.

^^^ 2016.

And the way things going on even translating correct number 2016 may result in error !! If things pushed to 2017 :(

^^^ 2016.

And the way things going on even translating correct number 2016 may result in error !! If things pushed to 2017

looks like bunch of school kids are managing this....heje

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, silent_god said:

Your LG 6300 phone is a cdma only phone, so it will not work with 4G network or even any GSM network. If you don't want to upgrade to 4G network, you are not alone !!, there are many in this forum, who don't want to change, but since RCOM is mostly likely to close down CDMA business, upgrade or change is the only option left with RCOM customers . Local stores or even Reliance stores will be of no use, as they have no idea, about the confirmed decisions with date. 

Suggest me , which would be the better option then-

Porting to another CDMA network ( i.e TATA or MTS ) from RCOM or to any GSM network (i.e Airtel, Voda)

Switch to GSM. Tata is also shutting down bit by bit.

So, does this mean they are keeping one carrier for 1X?

If I Switch to GSM today, the CDMA service will stop working from today itself and all my balance in my CDMA will be lost. And moreover Till the time GSM gets activated there will be no phone number with me and will be left without no means of communication. As I think it will take 6-7 days to get activated after porting to another network.

55 minutes ago, Himani Wadhwa said:

Porting to another CDMA network ( i.e TATA or MTS ) from RCOM or to any GSM network (i.e Airtel, Voda)

As future of cdma in india is unpredictable, and mostly not there.

So,  better to upgrade to any gsm, or easiest is to rcom 4g  and see,  if unsatisfied port out to voda,  airtel or idea or so many others... 

3 hours ago, Bablus said:

Translation

How come 22 may will be last date

In some circles cc confirmed 31 may 

RCOM will switch on 4g same time all over india at the same time, otherwise NATIONAL roaming Issues will crop up

1 hour ago, Himani Wadhwa said:

It's best to port to mts if your cdma handset has not run out its life or If you are from Gujarat, you can take the help of dr. faramroze. He is ready to help anybody who is willing to port to Bsnl cdma. My suggestion is only for those who wants to put their CDMA ONLY PHONES to good use. Otherwise if rcdma is dead then cdma is dead tata cdma already started informing customer about closure

Leftover option is mts and cdma

Make the most of cdma till it lasts

3 hours ago, Himani Wadhwa said:

If I Switch to GSM today, the CDMA service will stop working from today itself and all my balance in my CDMA will be lost. And moreover Till the time GSM gets activated there will be no phone number with me and will be left without no means of communication. As I think it will take 6-7 days to get activated after porting to another network.

So in that situation,  go for rcom 4g upgrade,  as mostly your balance will be carried forward and may not get lost.  And for short term purpose any basic gsm handset worth even 1000 rs can work for voice and data,  if not 4g. Later on finish your balance and if not happy with rcom gsm,  change.  I have never ported out so no idea how much time it tales.  But don't think 6 or 7 days.. 

3 hours ago, Himani Wadhwa said:

So in that situation,  go for rcom 4g upgrade,  as mostly your balance will be carried forward and may not get lost.  And for short term purpose any basic gsm handset worth even 1000 rs can work for voice and data,  if not 4g. Later on finish your balance and if not happy with rcom gsm,  change.  I have never ported out so no idea how much time it tales.  But don't think 6 or 7 days..