rohitgaur

Reliance CDMA Shutting down

breaking news

just got IVRS call confirming cdma switching to 4g tonight from 9375129598

Anybody else got such calls

5 hours ago, 'riz' said:

I am stuck on 1x since morning in Delhi

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I'm in Delhi. Have not received any such sms. 

Evdo is working fine. 

Edit: Just now I received this SMS.. 

"Dear Customer,we are upgrading to 4G. You may face intermittent network issues. We regret the inconvenience and seek support during this process.Thx RCOM"

Edited by abhi.r

1 hour ago, 'riz' said:

I am stuck on 1x since morning in Delhi

Happened to me on 20th....went back to normal after 5-6 hours...maybe they are testing integration with 4g network.

27 minutes ago, abhi.r said:

I'm in Delhi. Have not received any such sms. 

Evdo is working fine. 

This all is symbols for end of CDMA..in same manner (first EVDO then 1x) RCOM shutdown CDMA in Haryana. 

So if this sh*t is going down as everyone is saying, why pay bills! 

Soon I'd be having a good for nothing CDMA paper weight smartphone.

s**ks!

49 minutes ago, nyke said:

So if this sh*t is going down as everyone is saying, why pay bills! 

Soon I'd be having a good for nothing CDMA paper weight smartphone.

s**ks!

Umm,  because you would want to retain your phone number?!! 

Reliance com. is requesting all CDMA customers to opt for 4G upgrade from last 20-25 days.  Each time they are saying that the 4G upgrade will commence in next few days. They are not committing themselves as to exact date of commencement of 4G service. i was told by an R Com executive that once you put in an upgrade request you cannot port for 90 days. Once R Com gets significant numbers to put in upgrade request JIO will launch its 4G network. Those who have put in upgrade request will not be avail any better offer from JIO and other operators. Please put in upgrade request only after R Com has started its 4G services.

• Like 2

we can port after 90 days anyway. RJio is not expected come before Oct.

29 minutes ago, commonman said:

we can port after 90 days anyway. RJio is not expected come before Oct.

Since JIO trial benefits have been extended till November, I doubt JIO will be launched before December.

4 hours ago, disney said:

breaking news

which circle

Since JIO trial benefits have been extended till November, I doubt JIO will be launched before December.

Ni0987- Which trial benefits are you referring?

Just parking some weekend thoughts here about this whole CDMA / GSM / 4G thing.

Netconnect users (prepaid) would remember that recharge tariffs went up in late March or early April this year. For some years, I was able to recharge for Rs 797 and get between 5-10GB usage. Now, to get the same, I have to recharge for Rs 1299 or so (this relates to Mum/Mah circle, so your values may be different).

Now remember that, in March/April, no one really had a clue that CDMA was going to be shut down or 4G was going to be launched "soon". In the former case, people were still buying CDMA handsets and news about 4G launch was still something that was several months away.

Adding the two, it's obvious that something was cooking.

Instead of telling us that CDMA was on its last legs, or that they were testing a new network for a "proper launch", the very first thing Reliance did was raise tariffs on data.

Also, their emphasis seems to be more on pushing 4G handsets than talking about the 4G network. This is like putting the cart before the horse. In both cases, Reliance gets money, whereas we keep waiting for dates like 31 Dec, 30 Jun, 31 May, and then now, it seems like 24 May.

Given this background, I remain sceptical about 4G. After all this hype and doubt, what if they finally pull the curtains to reveal something that says 4G on the box but runs more like 3G or 2.5G? If they're building 4G services by adding on to legacy networks then performance will be patchy.

Moreover, in a professional launch, we usually see articles from independent beta testers and other qualified experts who are given a glimpse of network quality (pros, cons, progress, things like that). Add to that, all of the publicly available reviews are for handsets, not the network itself.

So this whole launch process is running behind the scenes and all we're getting are bits and pieces of information from "dealers".

Hopefully, by 24 May (or is it 3 Jun?) we'll get more clarity. Till then, I can just hope that CDMA continues to function and the migration is free of unwanted drama and suspense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, disney said:

breaking news

Yes. I received similar call from same number. I am from Rajkot, Gujarat.

1 hour ago, ajitkumargopu said:

which circle

Gujarat

2 hours ago, pradeep564 said:

Ni0987- Which trial benefits are you referring?

Free calls/sms/data.
May be other jio services as well.

Date of 23rd may was also fixed for Maharashtra and Goa circle any confirmation

Myself from Gujarat presently on roaming in AP since 15 days

From morning early hours no internet I.e EVDO/1X 

I contacted Gujarat CC 

They confirmed problem in internet due to upgrade and they informed tonight they are switching to 4g. That means Gujarat is the first circle to experience 4g

Has anybody else facing same issue

@ all gurus especially users frm Gujarat pls confirm. Also I have some doubts. 1. I am on roaming since 15 Days in AP Circle. Now my doubt is cdma still not switching off in AP. Gujarat Cdma switching tonight. I already registered for 4g. If my Gujarat cdma sim switches off tonight Will my 4g sim work in ap or not as Ap has not switching to 4g

@ prihir @ dr. Faramroze pls confirm latest status

Information given by tower engineering personnel on 21/05/2016 for Gujarat: "No information given by infrastructure / MSC department to modify CDMA signal or shut down bts temporarily or permanent. No instructions for gain control or horn adjustments or aperture leveling. No messages from switching centre"

But it is possible the entire changeover will happen at MSC and current CDMA bts not involved in the upgrade process. While the process of shifting MDN/MSID in msc has started, cdma will not close today or tomorrow. Also the rumors of 3 day blackout in the cdma network is not given by infrastructure department so it might not happen. Subscribers who have not taken 4G upgrade (more than 60% users in Gujarat still on RCDMA) will continue on Reliance for the next two weeks. Before Reliance shuts down it's own CDMA, it will/may/can silently transfer users to MTS for 1X connectivity only. EvDo Rev A/B is not likely post MTS shifting. MTS was using 1X Reliance for voice calls in GJ since many years so this technology usability is not difficult to achieve.

Reliance has been changing it's policy quite often during this month. It is also likely RCDMA will continue and 4G will be provided using MTS spectrum. Major factor is the subscribers' willingness to switch over to 4G.

Assuming there will be no CDMA within a week but users can still obtain mdn specific port code from Reliance store from their UI. The option to upgrade to 4G from their system is even after total close down. Users can still port out once their 4G sim is operational.

Just as Hetal bhai mentioned about CSFB to be used in RCOM 4G, it would have been a wonderful technological breakthrough if it was 1XCSFB as upgrade. CDMA is not a legacy technology, Rcom did not want to invest more in CDMA, they wanted 4G for GSM and with minimal capital investment. The most viable solution given to them was to liberalize CDMA and use the same infrastructure for cheap 4G. Even after shutting down their own CDMA, they can still provide 1XCSFB in MTS states with LTE routed to the new Rcom 4G.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Guys....i am seeing "IN Loop 4g" as one of the available networks in network scan....and somehow network selection is going back to "LTE/WCDMA/GSM" automatically in *#*#4636#*#*....is 4G upgrade happening tonight?

LOOP 4G is RJIO

2 hours ago, narenbambhaniya said:

Yes. I received similar call from same number. I am from Rajkot, Gujarat.

Sir what handset are you using

If you are using honor holly plus pls update the status of 4g network

I'm on roaming now

Thanks in advance

today in Kolkata there was no data in the evening. It came back at around 8.30 PM. MTS data has also been behaving erratic for the last 2-3 days.

No signs of shut...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, commonman said:

LOOP 4G is RJIO

49 minutes ago, NanduNaada said:

Guys....i am seeing "IN Loop 4g" as one of the available networks in network scan....and somehow network selection is going back to "LTE/WCDMA/GSM" automatically in *#*#4636#*#*....is 4G upgrade happening tonight?

Just Read About Loop

Screenshot_20160522-220026.png

Just Read About Loop

Screenshot_20160522-220026.png

What@commonman said is correct. You are looking at some 7 years old article. Loop mobile's Mumbai license expired [after 20 years of their service] and didn't bid for the spectrum again in auction. The licenses hold by them in other circles are squashed by supreme Court. The mnc-mccode given to loop is now assigned to RJio.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk