Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review : Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 2GB/16GB 4G VoLTE CDMA/GSM

Mayur have updated phone . try factory reset and try step by step .. Update phone system all others apps without inserting sim then after u r done with update insert sim .. If still faces issue try to get new diamond sim .. Which is working for me ..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Mayur have updated phone . try factory reset and try step by step .. Update phone system all others apps without inserting sim then after u r done with update insert sim .. If still faces issue try to get new diamond sim .. Which is working for me ..

Vabs yesterday I updated my phone(Sim was inserted) over WiFi but Google services didn't work. Then I removed the Sim and logged in to Google over WiFi updated some apps and inserted the Sim. But still no data then I changed the locale to Philippines then suddenly I had data connection. But was not able to update Google Apps, found error. Then I reset the device and all hopes lost, now data doesn't connect even after selecting Philippines locale.

Vabs the Sim I use is already a OMH diamond sim.

Vabs yesterday I updated my phone(Sim was inserted) over WiFi but Google services didn't work. Then I removed the Sim and logged in to Google over WiFi updated some apps and inserted the Sim. But still no data then I changed the locale to Philippines then suddenly I had data connection. But was not able to update Google Apps, found error. Then I reset the device and all hopes lost, now data doesn't connect even after selecting Philippines locale.

Try this:-

Put gsm sim enable data and use data on the sim slot. Without switching off the phone remove gsm sim and insert cdma sim data will start working.

That is how data worked for me twice.

Now i stopped using cdma.

But remember one thing once u switch off the cell and switch if on data will not work.

All working good.. Did a clean reset and now all is good.. Missing mi remote, mistore, facebook,wps anyways I am installing them from play store. Hope any phone restarts don't stop data working.

Try this:-

Put gsm sim enable data and use data on the sim slot. Without switching off the phone remove gsm sim and insert cdma sim data will start working.

That is how data worked for me twice.

Now i stopped using cdma.

But remember one thing once u switch off the cell and switch if on data will not work.

m

Thanks saiesh... You are right i restarted the device and now no datat again... Whats the trick to get it back?? Try gsm trick as u said above?

I bought one 32GB from Olx by paying a preminum of Rs.600.

Excellent phone. Everything working fine. Didnt try Reliance CDMA because my OMH is a standard size sim. I am going to get the new 4G SIM today so will not try the CDMA mode. Wifi, 3G (over Idea) working fine. Net speed is excellent. Google account getting added without any problem. The phone is showing 24GB space free. I havent load anything yet.

I am waiting for the back cover and scratch guard. I will start using it after that.

But -

there is a problem. It is heating up very fast. I havnt played any game. I made one call, Clicked two pics, played a song on speaker and on handsfee. Approx 15 minutes the screen was on and the phone was actually hot. I checked for any battery draining apps but only the OS took max battery. Dont know what is the solution for this.

Bought note 3 on 27 april sale from mi.com, but it is not shipped yet.

Such low standard & they planning next sale on 4 may.

Guys who bought on 27 april, did u get your phone ?

^^^

It worked !

A thousand thanks.

Now the phone is an ultimate devices. There is nothing that I can complain about.

• Like 1

Don't put anything on APN .. Just one or two restart and some time to latch on network it will start working .. Also update all system before u try this .. Miui 7.2.3 stable version is working perfectly fine .. Currently using it like GSM+CDMA combo

When I put the Reliance/MTS RUIM on it, it detects first and network appears - upper evdo and lower 1x - full towers. Voice and text works fine, out of the box.

Updated and restarted thrice - data is yet to be started !!

Thanks all of u guys... Mine also is working...

• Like 1

Bought note 3 on 27 april sale from mi.com, but it is not shipped yet.

Such low standard & they planning next sale on 4 may.

Guys who bought on 27 april, did u get your phone ?

There are many who haven't received yet. Buyers from Amazon got it. No idea MI is working. If you read the their forums, then you will realise that delivery takes 10-12 days and not 5-7 days as mentioned. As buyers, we do not have any other choice. Even I am yet to receive it. I posted on the forum that "mi is creating unnecessary hype and shortage of the phone" and they promptly deleted that post.

Edited by csmart

I m also expecting delivery

I dont know what they are doing why they dont want to deliver the phone on time

Booked the phone on last wednesday sale

I tried everything, but on Status section, I can see 'data - connecting'

One of the reason I am thinking of, as MEID shows 000000000.

Is it MTS ruim problem?

I tried everything, but on Status section, I can see 'data - connecting'

One of the reason I am thinking of, as MEID shows 000000000.

Is it MTS ruim problem?

I tried with my mts sim on my friends rn3..but cant get to work call,sms or data..network is showing but not getting anything done

^^^

I got new R4G SIM yesterday. Dealer mentioned that it will be active before 10-May.

Can you guys wait till 10th to connect the data ?

^^^

I got new R4G SIM yesterday. Dealer mentioned that it will be active before 10-May.

Can you guys wait till 10th to connect the data ?

What does that mean ? Any other options ?

The internet on my Redmi Note 3 with Reliance CDMA Sim stopped working all of a sudden. Was working flawlessly for past 20 days.

Now, I have already tried taking out the sim tray, rebooting and then reinserting the Sim tra. But it is still not working.

The mobile details shows -80dbm signal strength as well as CDMA-Evdo Rev A. Also shows the full 3G signals in the top bar. But not showing the dual arrows(upload/download).

Despite rebooting 5-6 times with sim tray removed, unable to use internet. Anyone here who can help me out?

Planning to buy this phone today just a small suggestion required how good or essential is the mi protect which is available only at mi.com and not Amazon ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mi.com has not yet shipped the phones booked on 27 april sale while amazon users have got delivery, MI protect has very less practical usability.

I will suggest you to go for amazon.in.

Planning to buy this phone today just a small suggestion required how good or essential is the mi protect which is available only at mi.com and not Amazon ?

I will suggest to buy as it provides protection against dropped and water spill. It is really good when you have kids and otherwise also. I wasn't aware of it when I placed an order for it. However will opt for the same after receiving the phone but have to pay more.

I will suggest to buy as it provides protection against dropped and water spill. It is really good when you have kids and otherwise also. I wasn't aware of it when I placed an order for it. However will opt for the same after receiving the phone but have to pay more.

Is it available separately as the FAQs say needs to purchased along with the phone . In case you can get it separately let me know how to go about it

Seems both Amazon and mi are fooling buyers by the so called sale waited till two clicked buy now on mi.com only to see out of stock in few seconds Amazon keeps showing cart error

The internet on my Redmi Note 3 with Reliance CDMA Sim stopped working all of a sudden. Was working flawlessly for past 20 days.

Now, I have already tried taking out the sim tray, rebooting and then reinserting the Sim tra. But it is still not working.

The mobile details shows -80dbm signal strength as well as CDMA-Evdo Rev A. Also shows the full 3G signals in the top bar. But not showing the dual arrows(upload/download).

Despite rebooting 5-6 times with sim tray removed, unable to use internet. Anyone here who can help me out?

Which circle ?

R-CDMA will affect like a hell in coming days, as they are testing 4G keeping just 1 channel for 1x voice, and data is routed through MTS spectrum in those circles MTS is operating.