Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Jio4GVoice App (JioJoin)

After long facing issues with the new OLED JioFi router(JMR520) I found that the issues is with the Firmware itself. You can go to the nearest LYF Service center to get the firmware updated (It is free of cost :)). This should solve the n/w related issues (4G n/w automatically goes) and but the Jio4GConnection issue would still persist.

After discussion with the engineer there, they mentioned that is a known issue and would completely support after approx 2 months via another update. 

In case you still want to connect, what i  noticed after the firmware update that I can connect to the Jio4GVice after router restart. Once, i go out of the WiFi range and come back, either i see Offline or Connecting. Only after when i restart my router, i can connect back.

^^
Can you check and update the latest firmware number so we can if check our devices too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i was already went to the lyf service center . they have told that we were update the firmeware and given to me. But the voice issue was still persist in  new OLED JioFi router(JMR520) . when update will come we doesn't know.

On 04/10/2016 at 10:49 PM, Deepak Shankar said:

^^
Can you check and update the latest firmware number so we can if check our devices too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The upgraded firmware version is FXN_JMR520_R6.20. Also in the new firmware there is no screen to upgrade the firmware manually.

On 06/10/2016 at 6:00 PM, anbuitech said:

i was already went to the lyf service center . they have told that we were update the firmeware and given to me. But the voice issue was still persist in  new OLED JioFi router(JMR520) . when update will come we doesn't know.

Try restarting the router and then check if the application then connects. 

Even after the socalled software update jio4gvoice is still not working connects at times and stays offline or connecting mode rest of the times. Each time it is asking for otp to connect while once a device is registered there is no need to ask again and again. Wonder if they will ever rectify this issue

Looks more like a network issue for me. Further to get jio join [or 4g voice app] to work flawlessly, the 4g speed in that particular place must be decent enough. If the 4g speed was very slow and network was congested, it will not work.

But that is not the case for volte in volte enabled phones. Because volte works in network level, but jio4g voice works in application levels like Skype / Viber...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/9/2016 at 1:23 PM, sethisidd said:

The upgraded firmware version is FXN_JMR520_R6.20. Also in the new firmware there is no screen to upgrade the firmware manually.

This firmware got updated automatically on my device even before I visited the service centre. Jio4Gvoice worked and stopped it was more like start stop kind would be online sometime and go offline suddenly ask for otp and show connecting or offline

On 10/10/2016 at 10:28 PM, KanagaDeepan said:

Looks more like a network issue for me. Further to get jio join [or 4g voice app] to work flawlessly, the 4g speed in that particular place must be decent enough. If the 4g speed was very slow and network was congested, it will not work.

But that is not the case for volte in volte enabled phones. Because volte works in network level, but jio4g voice works in application levels like Skype / Viber...

you are right, jio4gvoice needs data on to work where as volte is not data dependant to work. in fact in my experience its smoother to call on volte.

lot of times other network numbers dont connect in one go, but if you keep auto redial on (if your phone supports) then in within seconds it tries multiple times and the success rate of call connecting increases. no issues on calling other rcom or jio numbers, they connect almost instantly.

• Like 1

Hi,

I am using moto x2 and and i have installed jio4g voice app.

When i am not connected to wifi(ACT broadband), the App is online.

The minute i connect the phone on wifi, the app goes offline. 

Any solution for this ??

Sriram

No solution as that is the basic nature of the app. Simply put, jio 4g voice needs your phone to connected to jio data network to work. So obviously it will not work when you are connected to wifi

13 hours ago, Biggy said:

Hi,

I am using moto x2 and and i have installed jio4g voice app.

When i am not connected to wifi(ACT broadband), the App is online.

The minute i connect the phone on wifi, the app goes offline. 

Any solution for this ??

Sriram

The app is designed for 3g and non volte mobiles to work on jio network and obviously wont work anywhere else

Jio4GVoice app is unable to detect JioFi2's mobile no. on my Huawei Honor 2 Plus. It's saying ' Invalid Mobile No'.

However working fine with other phones. 

Shall ever will I get a well supported Jio4GVoice app for my BlackBerry z30 LTE phone?

The app support JioFi device in my Phone but don't detect the Sim inserted in my 4G device (Blackberry Z30).

I'm getting a error 'You're not allowed to use Jio4GVoice on this device. Please contact JioCare for further details'. No one responds from JioCare. I have a WiFi only tab (Samung Tab A with S Pen - SM-P580) that I bought from the US. Is anyone else facing this problem? Please help!

Screenshot_20170604-235628.png

Edited by Vatsal Doshi

Are you connected through JioFi Hotspot?

If so - is data working?

Were you able to configure the app using Otp?

Edited by LTE4G

Yes im connected to JioFi. And yes data works as well but I'm unable to configure Jio4GVoice using JioFi because as soon as I open the app this error comes up

Edited by Vatsal Doshi

10 hours ago, Vatsal Doshi said:

I'm getting a error 'You're not allowed to use Jio4GVoice on this device. Please contact JioCare for further details'. No one responds from JioCare. I have a WiFi only tab (Samung Tab A with S Pen - SM-P580) that I bought from the US. Is anyone else facing this problem? Please help!

Screenshot_20170604-235628.png

Any foreign handset that having MEID instead of IMEI (or IMEI+MEID) that will face same error as per my knowledge. So that require some modification. Any experienced Guru can help u. Facing same problem in my 2-3 foreign handsets. CC said foreign handset will not work officially with jio 4G Voice. So some modification required. Ask help from Gurus here.

Even I could not able to register my JioFi to Jio4GVoice app on imported HTC 510. I think there is some issues with imported handsets. 

On 9/15/2016 at 3:32 PM, LTE4G said:

"You are not allowed to .....on this device." Because you have configured it on your other device.

sir if i want to use it another device so how we will remove first device and configure secound device because i already do on my lava iris and i now want it to use on my another device plz help

On 18/02/2018 at 10:24 PM, Manmohan Singh Pawar said:

sir if i want to use it another device so how we will remove first device and configure secound device because i already do on my lava iris and i now want it to use on my another device plz help

If you are using it with JioFi device then just switch off the handset on which Jio4GVoice is installed.

Then connect the new handset to JioFi on which you want to install Jio4GVoice.

Download the latest version of Jio4GVoice and install & configure it using the JioFi number and Otp.

Once completed the older Jio4GVoice will get disabled by itself.

Edited by LTE4G