Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Jio4GVoice App (JioJoin)

30 minutes ago, man-saturday said:

Hi Kanaga, but I'm using it on a non-VoLTE Moto X phone. Even then it is always offline

Did you dial 1977 from Jio4GVoice ?

8 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Did you dial 1977 from Jio4GVoice ?

For me to dial 1977 via Jio4GVoice, it has to be online. Unfortunately status is always offline after OTP verification and the start screen.

I suspect Kanaga's diagnosis of it being cr(app) is right :)

1 hour ago, man-saturday said:

For me to dial 1977 via Jio4GVoice, it has to be online. Unfortunately status is always offline after OTP verification and the start screen.

If you are really looking for solution then you can try the following...

First of all you need to complete your Tele-verification for data by calling 1800-890-1977 from your alternate number because data starts working without doing tele-veification too but will not work fully.

Already done ! Then proceed.

Enable WiFi data and connect to JioFi.

Uninstall and re-install Jio4GVoice.

Configure Jio4GVoice using OTP and granting all permissions. If Yes - proceed.

Now try dialing 1977.

Doesn't Work ?

1) Open Jio4GVoice App.

2) Click on “:” icon on the top right of the app

3) Click on “Settings”

4) Now again click on “Settings”

5) Scroll down to the bottom and you will see option to enable or disable Jio4GVoice services. Simply disable it.

5) Wait for 10-20 seconds and enable it again.

6) That’s it. Your Jio4Gvoice app shall start working. Try dialing 1977.

Doesn't work ?

Disable all Mobile and WiFi data on the handset.

If the handset is 4G then disable LTE and select 3G/2G as Preferred Mobile Network for internal SIM.

While all data is OFF start Jio4GVoice.

Now enable WiFi data to connect to JioFi.

Wait for few seconds and then Dial 1977.

It should work. (Sometimes although JioFi shows connected but net doesn't work - recycle JioFi Power and try again)

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2016 at 8:45 AM, LTE4G said:

If you are really looking for solution then you can try the following...

First of all you need to complete your Tele-verification for data by calling 1800-890-1977 from your alternate number because data starts working without doing tele-veification too but will not work fully.

Already done ! Then proceed.

Enable WiFi data and connect to JioFi.

Uninstall and re-install Jio4GVoice.

Configure Jio4GVoice using OTP and granting all permissions. If Yes - proceed.

Now try dialing 1977.

Doesn't Work ?

1) Open Jio4GVoice App.

2) Click on “:” icon on the top right of the app

3) Click on “Settings”

4) Now again click on “Settings”

5) Scroll down to the bottom and you will see option to enable or disable Jio4GVoice services. Simply disable it.

5) Wait for 10-20 seconds and enable it again.

6) That’s it. Your Jio4Gvoice app shall start working. Try dialing 1977.

Doesn't work ?

Disable all Mobile and WiFi data on the handset.

If the handset is 4G then disable LTE and select 3G/2G as Preferred Mobile Network for internal SIM.

While all data is OFF start Jio4GVoice.

Now enable WiFi data to connect to JioFi.

Wait for few seconds and then Dial 1977.

It should work. (Sometimes although JioFi shows connected but net doesn't work - recycle JioFi Power and try again)

I have tried all these, but no help.

I have my JioFi already verified for Data and Voice (I guess if you buy it directly using AADHAAR verification, it is by default activated), but when I try to connect my MiFi using Jio4GVoice via Moto G (1st gen) or LeEco Le 2, it always shows offline. Have been hitting my head since 2 days on this issue, but no luck. :(

Any help in this matter would be great..!!

Edited by sethisidd
Addition of text

2 hours ago, man-saturday said:

Better do the tele-verification thingy via some other volte phone, than waiting for Jio4gVoice to work, imho...

Jio4gvoice app is buggy it worked fine once i had to reset my phone after that wont move beyond the configuring with jio mifi page. Either there is some interaction issue or bug between the device and app

On 9/28/2016 at 2:07 PM, Deepak Shankar said:

Jio4gvoice app is buggy it worked fine once i had to reset my phone after that wont move beyond the configuring with jio mifi page. Either there is some interaction issue or bug between the device and app

i also did all possibilities. but i was unable to make the jio4g voice app to be online.

9 minutes ago, anbuitech said:

i also did all possibilities. but i was unable to make the jio4g voice app to be online.

Anbu seems jio is not keen on rectifying the problem each time I call they we will escalate the issue and solve it give us 48 hours it never seems to end. Now even my jio mifi speeds are down and signals go away 

On 28/9/2016 at 10:16 AM, sethisidd said:

I have my JioFi already verified for Data and Voice (I guess if you buy it directly using AADHAAR verification, it is by default activated),

Even though the sim seems activated - you have to follow instructions and complete tele-verification otherwise the SIM may stop working and things will get complicated thereafter. If you have not done tele-verification - then do it now by dialing 1800-890-1977 from your alternate number and punching last 4 digit of your Aadhaar number.

On 28/9/2016 at 10:16 AM, sethisidd said:

but when I try to connect my MiFi using Jio4GVoice via Moto G (1st gen) or LeEco Le 2, it always shows offline. Have been hitting my head since 2 days on this issue, but no luck. :(

Any help in this matter would be great..!!

LeEco Le 2 - Jio4GVoice will only work if the SIM is in the handset since it is a VoLTE phone (By default Jio4GVoice app searches for SIM if inside a VoLTE handset for configuration). And Jio4GVoice will not work for Voice & Video calls (By default it is disabled in VoLTE handset and one has to use native dialler for making Voice & Video calls).

As far as Moto G (1st gen) - You can try the following settings in your handset:

(Before attempting you should re-install Jio4GVoice app or Force stop and clear data.)

Go to Settings >> Date & time >> Tick the Box next to Automatic date & time and Automatic time zone.

Set location to ON and switch on GPS. (Reboot/Restart)

If you are able to get Jio4GVoice, immediately dial 1977 and again complete tele-verification for voice.

You could have tried putting your sim in your LeEco Le 2 VoLTE handset and dial 1977 to complete tele-verification for voice - But it may not work as mentioned in this post here http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37840-jiofi2-mifi/?do=findComment&comment=331651

10 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Even though the sim seems activated - you have to follow instructions and complete tele-verification otherwise the SIM may stop working and things will get complicated thereafter. If you have not done tele-verification - then do it now by dialing 1800-890-1977 from your alternate number and punching last 4 digit of your Aadhaar number.

I even thought so, but When i tried activating the VOICE for my sim after inserting it in my Nexus 5, the tele-verification response i got was, the number is already verified and the service is already active.

10 hours ago, LTE4G said:

LeEco Le 2 - Jio4GVoice will only work if the SIM is in the handset since it is a VoLTE phone (By default Jio4GVoice app searches for SIM if inside a VoLTE handset for configuration). And Jio4GVoice will not work for Voice & Video calls (By default it is disabled in VoLTE handset and one has to use native dialler for making Voice & Video calls).

As far as Moto G (1st gen) - You can try the following settings in your handset:

(Before attempting you should re-install Jio4GVoice app or Force stop and clear data.)

Go to Settings >> Date & time >> Tick the Box next to Automatic date & time and Automatic time zone.

If you are able to get Jio4GVoice, immediately dial 1977 and again complete tele-verification for voice.

You could have tried putting your sim in your LeEco Le 2 VoLTE handset and dial 1977 to complete tele-verification for voice - But it may not work as mentioned in this post here http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37840-jiofi2-mifi/?do=findComment&comment=331651

Thanks for the steps and suggestions.

Tried them all in sequence on MotoG, but no luck. :( 

Dear LTE4G,

First of all many thanks for all your suggestions. Have tried each and every one of them. But unfortunately Jio4GVoice still does not get online via Jiofi. The Sim is televerified for data and voice. Checked on a VoLTE phone.

Maybe the app is buggy and does not work smoothly with many phones. I have tried with 4 phones. Hopefully they will rectify it in upcoming versions.

Dear LTE4G,

First of all many thanks for all your suggestions. Have tried each and every one of them. But unfortunately Jio4GVoice still does not get online via Jiofi. The Sim is televerified for data and voice. Checked on a VoLTE phone.

Maybe the app is buggy and does not work smoothly with many phones. I have tried with 4 phones. Hopefully they will rectify it in upcoming versions.

What is the data speed you are getting? Recently Jio has gone down to a crawl and Jio Join is reported not to work at slow data speeds.

Dear LTE4G,

The app indeed is buggy or they messed in the interface programming part where the app and device communicate with each other jio seems keens on making only buggy apps for now 10 days since i complained about it yet to get solution. Hopefully they do it by 31st December.

Just now, commonman said:

What is the data speed you are getting? Recently Jio has gone down to a crawl and Jio Join is reported not to work at slow data speeds.

Yesterday my speeds were pathetic worse than 2g speeds .86mbps 1 mbps and worst part the device failed to even pick signal twice during day time and had to restart twice. Seems jio honeymoon period is expiring sooner than expected

10 minutes ago, commonman said:

Yes! you are right. Now 4G has become 2G and this may be the reason for Jio4GVoice app not to work - there might be a threshold for network speed/bandwidth for the app to get online.

Edited by LTE4G

2 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Yes! you are right. Now 4G has become 2G and this may be the reason for Jio4GVoice app not to work - there might be a threshold for network speed/bandwidth for the app to get online.

No bro Actually if you are going to make call through JioFi which is actually a VoLTE call then according to Minimum QoS mandate in VoLTE , You will get Minimum data speed necessary for Voice call (HD call in Volte to Volte and Normal in Volte to 2G/3G) in any scenario  (Even in Low coverage area). It doesn't matter what speed u are getting in browsing or doing internet stuff.

Jiojoin is not working in New OLED Jiofi2 because of some problem in Firmware.  Also in old JioFi2 if you are getting JioJoin is offline or unable to connect just force close it or do clear dat in app and it will work.

Seems like some bug in App itself,  which will berectified in future Updates

4 hours ago, man-saturday said:

Dear LTE4G,

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Deepak Shankar said:

Which version of Jiofi2 you have(New OLED or old Non OLED)??

15 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Well you need not to do Televerified after Adhaar. Even if you do for first time, You can't as system will show you that you already did Televerication.

Actuallyi also did eKYC foractivation.  And when i tried to do Televerification for call in 1977 , Computer voice told me that i already did Televerification.

12 hours ago, Hrishikesh Bisen said:

I have the new model with OLED display. Model JMR520. If it's a firmware issue as suggested, where can I find an updated version?

I have the new model with OLED display. Model JMR520. If it's a firmware issue as suggested, where can I find an updated version?

Today my device was doing some software update on its own but still unable to connect jio4g voice app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Hrishikesh Bisen said:

oled version jmr520

22 hours ago, Hrishikesh Bisen said:

No bro Actually if you are going to make call through JioFi which is actually a VoLTE call then according to Minimum QoS mandate in VoLTE , You will get Minimum data speed necessary for Voice call (HD call in Volte to Volte and Normal in Volte to 2G/3G) in any scenario  (Even in Low coverage area). It doesn't matter what speed u are getting in browsing or doing internet stuff.

JioJoin/Jio4GVoice records your calls and sends to their server. For that. it needs a strong data connection.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hrishikesh Bisen said:

No bro Actually if you are going to make call through JioFi which is actually a VoLTE

It is not VoLTE which is a default feature of VoLTE enabled handset wherein calls work even when the data is switched off. It acts as a VoLTE emulator by handling the calls as SIP through normal data connection (just like Swipe & Whatsapp etc.) and will not work if your data is switched off.

23 hours ago, Hrishikesh Bisen said:

You will get Minimum data speed necessary for Voice call (HD call in Volte to Volte and Normal in Volte to 2G/3G) in any scenario  (Even in Low coverage area). It doesn't matter what speed u are getting in browsing or doing internet stuff.

Ha ! LOL - Even if the signal strength is nil or the network is saturated. :D