Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Calls Between Chennai-tn, Mumbai-maha & Kolkata-wb

true i also think the same. it will be on distance may be in some case some benefit may come but it will never be local call rate.

I feel that this should not be the case at all guys....one circle means one single cirrcle. Then the inter-circle <200 kms definition will change, then these will be applicable to places in the borders of Gujarat, MP, Karnataka etc if you are in Maharashtra....

People in other states have never got a problem of distance, they roam across the entire state at local rates...just wait & watch what RIM will do about it...

I feel that this should not be the case at all guys....one circle means one single cirrcle. Then the inter-circle <200 kms definition will change, then these will be applicable to places in the borders of Gujarat, MP, Karnataka etc if you are in Maharashtra....

People in other states have never got a problem of distance, they roam across the entire state at local rates...just wait & watch what RIM will do about it...

32499[/snapback]

yeah I think the same way.. intacircle less then 50km means its outside ur circle and which falls less then 50km................. Tht means whole maha should be one circle and less then 50km is places in Guj, madya pradesh, ka.

Well All this while, while calling from Mumbai to Goa from Landline to Landline was "local" in words(by dialling '95'), the pulse was actually lower and hence it was calling local at STD rates! :blink:

Same thing i guess applies for cellphones, wherein u call other cellphones within ur circle at a specified STD tariff!

Remember, that the word STD has still not been deleted from the dictionary of TRAI. So calls outside your home SDCA ie. for me, Mumbai, are still STD but called "within Circle STD Calls".

Check out this link for clarity.

http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/r...y_reckoner.html

They dont have to announce any special tariffs for all this. Its already there in their tariff. Its jus that Mumbai has been merged with Maharashtra and similarly for others!

i again called CC, wht i got to know is tht

1. u can dial without 0 to any mobile in rest of maharashtra.

2. Incoming roaming charges still applies, thts when i go to Pune n recv a call, ill be charged Rs. 1.79per min.

So effectively, u get discount only while making outgoin from bbay to rest of maharashtra.

i have tata phones in off, so i want to ask u people of mumbai, what all mahaarashtra mobiles can be dialed from ur mtnl landlines without pre-fixing zero?

Airtel, Mumbai is the second player after BPL, to announce loacal calling and FREE INCOMING WHILE ROAMING IN REST OF MAHARASHTRA.

when will apna RIM announce this.. always late?

i again called CC, wht i got to know is tht

1. u can dial without 0 to any mobile in rest of maharashtra.

2. Incoming roaming charges still applies, thts when i go to Pune n recv a call, ill be charged Rs. 1.79per min.

So effectively, u get discount only while making outgoin from bbay to rest of maharashtra.

i have tata phones in off, so i want to ask u people of mumbai, what all mahaarashtra mobiles can be dialed from ur mtnl landlines without pre-fixing zero?

Airtel, Mumbai is the second player after BPL, to announce loacal calling and FREE INCOMING WHILE ROAMING IN REST OF MAHARASHTRA.

when will apna RIM announce this.. always late?

32570[/snapback]

Yeah airtel ahs come out wiht the rate plan and roaming is free on airtel network in maharashtra...........

Waiting for reliance to come out with plan

hey folks,

Is there any news frm reliance. till no Bsnl, airtel has come out with plans. and also made it clear roaming free on there network. ......................

Whts happening wiht reliance, orange, and so on.................................

I came to know that NDA Govt is planning to make all India on Local call... Ie: NO STD any more... Full local. this will be introduced in coming 2-3 months

lol, right, its the UPA government. Its already being discussed here.

meh, orange sux. They haven't removed the concept of roaming. Only, charges to non-BSNL cells and landlines have been made "local"

Hey guys,

We really dont know what these cell companies are doing . Reliance has still not come out with local calling, and airtel, orange ahs come with it but no local to cellone-BSNL.... On airtel free incoming while roaming on airtel maharashtra but outgoing according to roaming rates.

Any news what reliance is doing on this front................

Till Now the winner is: BSNL Cellone.

1. U can call from Maharashtra as well as Mumbai as a local call

2. Incoming free in both the areas

3. Outgoing calls at same rate in both the areas

4. No Roaming Rentals

I just want to knw one thing guys..

can u call to any maharashtra cell number other than Cellone from mumbai without prefixing zero from your landlines (MTNL/TATA pl specify)?

Edited by kams19

Till Now the winner is: BSNL Cellone.

1. U can call from Maharashtra as well as Mumbai as a local call

2. Incoming free in both the areas

3. Outgoing calls at same rate in both the areas

4. No Roaming Rentals

I just want to knw one thing guys..

can u call to any maharashtra cell number other than Cellone from mumbai without prefixing zero from your landlines (MTNL/TATA pl specify)?

32899[/snapback]

Yes frm Mtnl u can dial any cell in maharashtra without zero , but doesnt work from TATA. And again frm reliance u can dial any cell no. of maharashtra without zero but u r charged as per std rates which is rediculous.........

Guys Time to take matter forward

Hi all,

Despite the DOTs announcement of merging circles especially Mumbai-Maharashtra from May 26,2005

the only thing which has happened till now is:-

* Just the dialling pattern has changed ----- but not the call charges!

* The onnet pack has become unavailable whiloe roaming ! is this true even if one roams in Maharashtra if his/her mobile is from Mumbai??

* Incoming calls continue to be charged while roaming in Maharashtra for Mumbai subscribers!

* No clarifications at all from CC or WebWorld, they continue to say "will get back to you through relevant media channels!!"

If any one has an update please post it here!

Sam007

Hi all,

Despite the DOTs announcement of merging circles especially Mumbai-Maharashtra from May 26,2005

the only thing which has happened till now is:-

* Just the dialling pattern has changed ----- but not the call charges!

* The onnet pack has become unavailable  whiloe roaming ! is this true even if one roams in Maharashtra if his/her mobile is from Mumbai??

* Incoming calls continue to be charged while roaming in Maharashtra for Mumbai subscribers!

* No clarifications at all from CC or WebWorld, they continue to say "will get back to you through relevant media channels!!"

If any one has an update please post it here!

Sam007

32911[/snapback]

No news sir its the same ....a dn thts why reliance s**ks. only lucky guys are who r with bsnl, mtnl, airtel (free incoming) no news of bpl to for roaming. I dont know when this people will do....

We are unlucky people

same with me also, i had been to mumbai yesterday and i was charged for call forwarding from pune( i am from pune).i called up the customer service and yes they don't have any clue. As per the notification call forwarding should have been free. let's guess when RIM will clarify..

this is clearly a contempt of govt order.. and im surprised.. tht nothing has been done to this so far.

I think from 6th june evrything will be set right in relaince

32917[/snapback]

Why 6th june ..........................

any reasons................for thtt

**** dial without zero and std rates!!! god thats cheating.

32918[/snapback]

Yeah buddy its cheating..... the best we can do is dont pay for those charges. if anyone has itemised billing then dont pay for those calls and calls recived during this period while roaming in maharashtra... thts the wasy we can do it

These reliance guys are real cheaters when it was time to increase the rates ie when Mumbai was made another circle after full mobility they increased the rates soon after the orders were passed without informing the customers( I had lost qutie some money coz of this) and now when they have to lower the price they have all sorts of excuses THEIR ATTITUDE s**ks