Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
aakash

Voice Chat Over Rconnect

Has anyone had a chance to try voice chat over an RConnect connection? By voice chat I mean using voice over yahoo messenger or msn messenger, or any number of voice chat programs.

Does it work? Is there a lot of lag? I assume the quality will depend on the quality of the connection - but if someone is doing voice chat on a regular basis, I would greatly appreciate knowing about your experience!

Thanks in advance! :-)

Aakash

On the Voice chat quality depends on speed at the both ends.

But whenever i chat with my friend in CANADA. it is always good. sometime like a phone.

Speed at the other end should not be a problem - it is a T1 line.

You mention it is 'sometimes' like a phone - you have experienced bad lag then?

Mostly It is real time but once I had a problem of lag and broken voice when my friend talks but he can clearly hear me.

so may be a problem on his side. ( he has DSL connection and DSL is slower in uploads)

U can safely use RConnect for Voice over IP.

Yup, I've used it for Voice chat (Yahoo Messenger) with my bro in New Zealand and it worked fine.

You cant do voice chat unless you have a voice over IP service, and I dont think Yahoo IM supports that.

Theoretically the technology to do it is there. But there is no reason for Reliance to support it since it eats directly into their long distance call business :)

my r connect is too slow to have a voice chat.. the lag is in excess of 9 seconds

i guess r connect is congested in bangalore..

I m satified with rcoonect speed. its faster then 56 kb but not as claimed by relaince. vocie chat in msn , yahoo and stanaphone is good. no probs at all. The latest plan of freedom is best as 1gb is more then enough. in general 1 hour vocie chat i use nearly 12mbs max.

One GB is not so good!!! Im on dial up 56kpbs modem and this month I logged my usage - its already 1.28 GB ...and one more day to go. Besides you need to keep some marjin just is case....

And my usage is just 'average'. For those who download MP3s and Vids and all would use lot more even on a dial up! And R-connect is much faster than a dial up.

For voice chat I think skype is the best s/w i have come across.. Its much better than Yahoo and MSN...

Try it!!

you can download it from www.skype.com