Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashras99

Copyright Infringement Letter

As per fair use policies framed one is not supposed to log on to P2P networks. Network operators do not block P2P sites due to various technical reasons. They monitor (Especially private companies) users on random basis and once any user is triggered for such use they observe more minutely. They also observe people minutely who are on unlimited plans.

I know this because one of my friend is network admin in ISP. They can not take any action against you unless they get copyright infringement complaint. If you prove what you downloaded was not copyright material then apart from suspending your services they can not do any thing.

If I encrypt the P2P trafiic, then also is it possible for ISP to identify what we are doing?

Could you tell us what exactly you might have downloaded to trigger this letter? And thru what mode... I mean which P2P client?

Why don't you try a filtering software like peerguardian? Its supposed to make things difficult for prying eyes... not sure how useful/important it will be in the Indian context though...

I also use RConnect and use it to download files using P2P networks, but I have not received any letter so far. I guess they are doing it randomly only for some customers.

^^^

My dear friends, if they are doing it randomly, then almost any subscriber can be trapped in this any time.

Regards.

its horrible man. i download a lotta STUFf. but am using BSNL broadband

I am using both utorrent and Limewire. Limewire is encrypted. But since I am not getting good speeds on Limewire, I am not using it any longer.