Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
B O R E D

Signal Boosters

He fixed a cable to it,, and pulled it all the way for 25meters!!! all the way to the top of his house, where he has a small plate like dish!!!

hmmm... well, that ruins the entire thing of mobile...

basically those addon sticker like signal boosters that are available in the market ..just do not work.

i earlier had a nokia 3310 with a bsnl conn. it' hardly got on to the network.. *ever*

so i went ahead and got myself one of those signal boosters for rs.75.

...stuck it to the back of my phone ... no improvement....

so basically they do not work.

as for you'r firend's experiment, even if u dont remove the rubber white *thingy* and coil the phone or it's antinnae with some wire and maybe join it to you'r balcony grill ...u'll see quite an improvement in the signal strength.

and as for nokia... hmmm. their error-correction and 1st stage amplification circuits are *really* unbeatable.

(and generally CDMA signals have better error correction possibility)

Also the Nokia 2280 has two antenna's:

One internal and another which can be pulled out (the external one).

Maybe that is what makes the difference!!!

Two antenna's. Wow now thats one thing i did not know.

Actually i had gone to buy nokia piece. but liked the LG one better.

And im glad i did..

Maybe that is what makes the difference!!!

well, two antenna's really make a difference.

and if the nokia 2280 really has two antenna's then it *will* have better signal reception...expecially with the external antenna pulled out.

Hey don't gripe about being in a village. Reliance signal s**ks big time everywhere.

I'm in the heart Calcutta and I face a similar problem when inside large buildings etc.

So you know who you should recommend to get signal boosters.... :unsure: thats right the boys @ RIM!!!!

So is there any thing I can do to improve he signal

And Static, I tried your advise

I wired the metalic part of the anntennae (u can see it when it is pulled out) and then tied the other end to the window

NO IMPROVEMENT

I need help fast

Thank you

well, no need to pull out the antinna or stuff...

just take a thin wire coil it around the antinna and hook it up with a hanger or something to the window...

and if that doesnt work... may god help you....

hey B O R E D,

that provision is only to car antenna. also using an external antenna will eat up ur battery n may ruin ur mobile. btw i just got a fixed bsnl wll phone (LG Make). they have provided it with a external booster, a huge 10"x25" black box to be connected to the phone. man it very much improves the signal, from 2 dandas to 5 dandas !!!! :rolleyes: . its also available in the market easily(atleast in B'lore) try that n let us know. :unsure:

hey B O R E D,

i exactly don't know what its called, but try asking for an external antenna for WLL phones. Better try some telecom shops. i suppose it must be coming bundled even with reliance fixed WLL sets coz these r usually used inside the buildings. Try RWW. but me just figured out that the socket doesn't match. so maybe u've got to solder a compatible 1. Anyways try it out n let us know.

I had heard about such a thing.. from escotel guys long back...

when my cousin had some problem with his signal..

But dont know its exact name...

Explain to the seller wat you expect..

Techinical Name's not necessary unless they dont understand wat you are asking :o

better complain to the town office tech people.. ask them to find out to increase the strength of signals from your nearest tower.

I have jus gone through all of yours posts , i will give u the right guide ...

First of all ... the signal boosters ..... so called as internal antenna's are jus a printed sticked in golden yellow colour , the mix is normally a metalized material which will absorb signals ...

this won't work on most of the phones as u said , but i shows drastic effect when installed properly and in phones where there is high radiation .

The external antenna's :

there are external antenna's available , called as YAGI ANTENNA's , these antenna's will have a sturdy construction to absorb signals , and the co-axial wire should be used for relaying the signals . ODC's are available for different phones , so that the phone can be loaded on to the ODC's connected with the antenna.

this way it will give u drastic change in the signal , Most of the users are generally ppl who stay at undergrounds or covered places.

the place where this products fails is the installation part , the mor eu bend the cable the more the problem , the connections should be tight . Also , the antenna installed should be in a free space , location of this antenna also plays an important role too , the place where there is a bit of signal would be a better place to install the antenna.

hope these information will be clear for the internal and external antenna's

if u need a minature portable one , why don't u get some car antennas .. but it will not give u a max coverage ... for RD2030 u need to get a RD2030 ODC , ODC will come for all phones .. if u need it send me a mail.. i will try to get u some contacts to buy it . ... azhaga@indcables.com

easiest way for signal booster is to get an antenna of fwt (around 350 rs original) from a service centre and use the input connection with a bnc connector as used in fwt. since both fwt and rim work in same frequency, a plug from the mobile antenna extension in the back side of your mobile to a bnc connector (u will get this connector male socket in local electronic shop). get this done and connect the antenna to bnc connector and bravo.....

now the external antenna that i've recieved with my fixed BSNL LG WLL phone reads as"FACE PANEL ANTENNA" manufactured by "KAVERI TELECOMS LTD, BANGALORE". i'm sure it must be commercially available.

hi guys

behind LG-RD2030 mobile near the anteena there is a hidden connector

which is hidden by a rubber cover

when u remove that rubber, u'll find a hidden connector

i want to know why it is there for?

anyone knows?

please tell me.

I think it is for an external antena connection which will be there for almost all kind of mobile phones

In a line, Signal boosters available in market are really useless when you are in a real need.

In a line, Signal boosters available in market are really useless when you are in a real need.

But do they really work in yhe first place?

No i'm talking about the sticker ones which are stuck inside ur mobile near the battery.

hey B O R E D,

that provision is only to car antenna. also using an external antenna will eat up ur battery n may ruin ur mobile. btw i just got a fixed bsnl wll phone (LG Make). they have provided it with a external booster, a huge 10"x25" black box to be connected to the phone. man it very much improves the signal, from 2 dandas to 5 dandas !!!!  :wacko: . its also available in the market easily(atleast in B'lore) try that n let us know. <_<

Well Guys,

I had a signal problem at my home both on my RIM sets and RIP LG FWP. Finally they installed a signal booster at my home for the FWP. amazingly the signal strenght got stable and it was working fine. Eversince the booster installed signal strength to my RIM handsets also improved much better. Does that make any sense? I dont think so. But it happened. May be they installed signal tower near to my place eventually. But anyhow now I can use the FWP n RIM hasle free at home. :rolleyes:

Signal boosters for FWP n RIM available in the market is not dependable. I request the affected users in remote area to request Reliance to provide signal Boosters for home.

Eversince the booster installed signal strength to my RIM handsets also improved much better. Does that make any sense?

If U want to test then switch off the signal booster and check!!

Eversince the booster installed signal strength to my RIM handsets also improved much better. Does that make any sense?

If U want to test then switch off the signal booster and check!!

No, this signal booster is an external antena covered by a box fitted to my outer wall and a wire attached to the FWP phone (in place of tiny antena on the phone). And it does not have any on/off function.