Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drali

My Computer Restart Itself Without Any Error Msg

:) i m running xp prof with sp-2 on my P-3,800,2(128RAMS),40GB. AVG & Mcfee antispyware fully updated.the problem is my system restart itself without any error msg(approx after 40-45 mins).and sometimes it restart without scaning d h.disk(like normal restart).& sumtimes like improper shut down(ask for d H.disk scan)

i have scan my system twice & removed all d trojans horses and cookies with AVG & Mcfee.

Xperts help me :help

something wrong with ups/power maybe?

but then it shud always be improper shut down but sumtimes it restarts normally ie without scanning H.disk.

The automatic restart could be happenning since your system could have encountered a "system failure". The default setting for what WinXP should do on "system failure" is to "automatically restart". Go to System Properties | Advanced | Startup and Recovery Settings. Under

System failure, remove the check from the box that says Automatically

restart. Though I'm not sure if this is your case since "system failure" is normally accompanied with the Blue Screen of Death.

If you think it could be something to do with your Hard Disk, you can manually do a Scan Disk check by...

1) Click on Start and then My Computer.

2) Right click on disk you wish to scan and then click on properities.

3) Click on Tools tab at top of window.

4) Click on Check Now in the Error Checking section.

5) Click on boxes to automatically fix file system erros and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

:) i m running xp prof with sp-2 on my P-3,800,2(128RAMS),40GB. AVG & Mcfee antispyware fully updated.the problem is my system restart itself without any error msg(approx after 40-45 mins).and sometimes it restart without scaning d h.disk(like normal restart).& sumtimes like improper shut down(ask for d H.disk scan)

i have scan my system twice & removed all d trojans horses and cookies with AVG & Mcfee.

Xperts help me :help

Hi,

Put something good in your PC, running MS virus platform gonna make you

crawl mostly.

I agree with arun.

Hi,

Put something good in your PC, running MS virus platform gonna make you

crawl mostly.

Hey don't insult M$ at every opportunity you get <_<

Besides, this seems to be a hardware problem to me. I think his processor is overheating :P

Probable issues :

1. Resource conflict... to check this try to open MSINFO and see if there are any conflicts between devices (sharing the same IRQ)

2. Hardware incompitable... did u add a new hardware which is not quite compitable with ur machine?

3. Software (System Failure) caused by a software trying to access memory locations which are already preallocated.

4. A VERY VERY RARE CHANCE OF BRF (BIOS refresh Fail) this is undocumented.. but yes I have personally faced it ... just remove the bios battery for about 20 minutes (yes that much time is needed... and keep ur comp off for the said period) coz it takes a lil time for the condensors to drain out charge... (it does not hurt to try this step).

5. Check for malware / spyware .. coz there was one which infected XPSP2 and caused a sys halt... do not quite remember the characteristics... but sure remember the trend of un-informed restarts..

6. Check if ur processor fans are working okay.

7. Just for assurance just check if ur SMPS outputs (4.75+-0.25)(11.85+-0.15) *2, and if the output is stable... also check if there is any sudden fluctuations of power in ur house.

8. Check if any of the capacitors on the MB are swollen up... coz it could be a failing capacitor.

9. If nothing works, just to check, try a reinstall of windows.

cheers

Ashok

thanks genius, i checked everything as told by you & now have reinstalled OS. :cheer:

yaar apke pc mai itna problem kaise hota hai?

i think u should change ur pc.lol

or move to linux!!!!

Edited by cracker

yaar apke pc mai itna problem kaise hota hai?

i think u should change ur pc.lol

or move to linux!!!!

ya u r rite,even i think so .cud be that i am a non techie & my system is also old.but still you people are there to

help me in time.i have learnt much from u techies.

I hope u've checked the RAM of the machine. I was in a similar situation sometime back, replaced the RAM and everything worked fine then!

I hope u've checked the RAM of the machine. I was in a similar situation sometime back, replaced the RAM and everything worked fine then!

ya,i got it checked,its ok .i reinstalled OS & now every thing fine.

Edited by drali2