Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
imvikky

Rediffmail Beta - Reviews

Hey guys anyone had a look at rediffmail lately... Today when I was browsing I just came across the link on top which gets you to the brand new rediffmail Beta(im not sure how new it is cos I was offline for almost a week now thanks to my crashed OS) I am starting a new topic for discussions on advantages and disadvantages and how to make best of it... even suggestions and advices.... I wanted to load a screenshot also but dont know how to.... Moderators in case I am late in posting and there is a topic already running on this subject please delete the post....

post-2527-1151174203_thumb.jpg

I'm viewing the normal layout without even an option for the new Beta version! Are you having a paid subscription?

I am also not getting any such thing....every thing looks as it is...

I am also not getting any such thing....every thing looks as it is...

Hi,

It is a new option. You get that link only after logging in to your id. It is at the left hand corner of the screeen below Reddiffmail.com 1 GB. Once you selected it will go to beta version whenever you log in. There is an option to go back to regular version also.

regards

Rediffmail was one of the first to offer 1 GB email after Gmail started the trend, but they were the last to improve their mail interface after Yahoo! Mail, Windows Live, etc. Their new interface is not bad, and looks very similar to the new Yahoo Mail. But still it hasn't got all the features that Gmail/Yahoo Mail/Live has got. Few AJAX stuff like drag and drop, Auto address complete, etc. have been chipped in. But one most annoying thing with Rediffmail for me is that the Search feature does not have an Update Database option, so I cannot search new mails :clap1:

post-1-1151257745_thumb.jpg

no pop free access - no e-mail forwording to other accounts - no address book export

rediff too bad for me

east or west gmail is best!!

Happy mailing

First Hotmail moved onto the MS Outlook Looks and now Rediff. Dont find anything innovative!

yup the same goes for hotmail also

in making the web mail more outlook expressy

they have made it difficult for people like me who have low bandwidth to browse mails fast

gmail dosent have this kinda problem

Edited by abhay

Rediff is a great copier.

It copies the stories from MSN,

It copied the homepage layout,

It copied email interface,

It copied yahoo 360 degree.. and so on..

And i dont know why rediffmail is so popular..

It lacks calendar, Notes and other functions..

Check out new Yahoo! mail(in beta).. It rocks..

And if u r worried abt bandwidth, use lighter WAP site (wap.yahoo.com)

I don't have a rediffmail account and I don't want it. I have gmail.

Is there anything which I have to say now.

Edited by solanky

Yup. Now got it! Its great with lot of interactivity. I use GMail, Yahoo, Indiatimes, hotmail and still like the rediffmail as the 2nd best. First one is GMail not because of it's web interface but rather 'coz I've no need to use the web interface of GMail ;) I use POP3 for GMail!

Still I liked the new Rediffmail Thanks vijaykv...