Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chandannasta

Indian Passport

Hey guys i want to make a passport in mumbai and i need it very urgently and i want to know how and where i can get it from i don wanna go to any offices or any where else i need it urgent and at a reasonable rate like any agent who can make it say within 2 or 3 weeks so do u know any 1 who can make it plz share your views regarding it and plz tell the prices also

See...if you have a genuine reason (visit http://www.passport.nic.in/tatkaal.htm for more details), you can get the passport under Tatkal scheme. But mind it, you HAVE TO visit the passport office to apply for that. Normally Urgent passport are issued within 10-12 days time. Process is not too cumbersome if you have all your documents ready.

I would not suggest going for any agents for the same.

What are the documents needed to make a passport?

See...if you have a genuine reason (visit http://www.passport.nic.in/tatkaal.htm for more details), you can get the passport under Tatkal scheme. But mind it, you HAVE TO visit the passport office to apply for that. Normally Urgent passport are issued within 10-12 days time. Process is not too cumbersome if you have all your documents ready.

I would not suggest going for any agents for the same.

^^^

The website of the passports dept. is very informative and still if you have any doubts, please approach the Help Desk at any PP office. They will be rude and arrogant but then thats how you can expect them to be after all. After this also, you have any problems, post here and we shall try to help you out.

It is almost 2 years since you posted about the PP which you wanted very urgently in 2 weeks and after almost 2 years you still haven't got it?

If you are known to a IAS officer and he verifies your identity and address and also you apply under tatkal scheme,you will get your passport in 2 days.my younger brother needed it within a week.i approached the passport authority and luckily a guy there informed me this.this way the police verification is not taken seriously and it is done later.but passport is issued immediately.try this method.

2 yrs back i had a job offer. But at the same time I got a job in a call centre so I avoided making a passport. Now I think that I should make it any how just for the sake of having it. So wanted to know the documents required.

If you are known to a IAS officer and he verifies your identity and address and also you apply under tatkal scheme,you will get your passport in 2 days.my younger brother needed it within a week.i approached the passport authority and luckily a guy there informed me this.this way the police verification is not taken seriously and it is done later.but passport is issued immediately.try this method.

Well. if you want to have the passport for the sake of having a passport do it yourself. Do nto go for any agent etc as that would increase the cost and would not be of any real benefit.

Visit passport.nic.in, they list out the documents required very clearly. You will need two proofs of residence, a proof for date of birth - which has to be a birth certificate issued by municipal authorities if you were born after 26/1/89 otherwise a school leaving certificate would do. Also, submit a proof of your highest educational qualification along with all marksheets (degree certificate and marksheets) so that you can get ECNR on your passport. Once you have all these documents ready go to https://passport.gov.in/pms/OnlineRegistration.jsp and fill in the form. Take a print out of the form, paste your photograph and sign at appropriate places. You can visit PP office 2 days after submitting the online application form. You will also need to fill a single page form available at the photocopy shop in the PP office which works as a check list or something.

Now the difficult part, go and stand in the queue at PP office as early as you can. PP Office open at 9, but the queue starts forming at about 6 - 6:30, and if you are at the end of the queue it might be possible that you will not be able to submit the form that day. So it good if you cna go early. Take the requisite fees in cash. Stand in the line, submit your form at the counter and then go to the cash counter, deosit fees and you are done. You should get your passport in about 40 days. You might need to check with your local police station in between but that should not be that difficult. Normally, all police stations in Mumbai have a dedicated person dealing with passports, so you need to keep track with only one person and not many.

I could not give more detailed description, hope that helps.

Well wait for may june, they going to Outsource this whole thing to private players.

We will be having more than 100 offices across mumbai @ normal office working hours.

Well wait for may june, they going to Outsource this whole thing to private players.

We will be having more than 100 offices across mumbai @ normal office working hours.

Are u sure that this is going to happen and if yes are these offices going to do the same thing like travel agencies keeping the original documents for 8 days and then returning it back.

Well. if you want to have the passport for the sake of having a passport do it yourself. Do nto go for any agent etc as that would increase the cost and would not be of any real benefit.

Visit passport.nic.in, they list out the documents required very clearly. You will need two proofs of residence, a proof for date of birth - which has to be a birth certificate issued by municipal authorities if you were born after 26/1/89 otherwise a school leaving certificate would do. Also, submit a proof of your highest educational qualification along with all marksheets (degree certificate and marksheets) so that you can get ECNR on your passport. Once you have all these documents ready go to https://passport.gov.in/pms/OnlineRegistration.jsp and fill in the form. Take a print out of the form, paste your photograph and sign at appropriate places. You can visit PP office 2 days after submitting the online application form. You will also need to fill a single page form available at the photocopy shop in the PP office which works as a check list or something.

Now the difficult part, go and stand in the queue at PP office as early as you can. PP Office open at 9, but the queue starts forming at about 6 - 6:30, and if you are at the end of the queue it might be possible that you will not be able to submit the form that day. So it good if you cna go early. Take the requisite fees in cash. Stand in the line, submit your form at the counter and then go to the cash counter, deosit fees and you are done. You should get your passport in about 40 days. You might need to check with your local police station in between but that should not be that difficult. Normally, all police stations in Mumbai have a dedicated person dealing with passports, so you need to keep track with only one person and not many.

I could not give more detailed description, hope that helps.

Great info indeed. :signthankspin:

Can you please tell what is ECNR ???

ECNR = Emigration Check Not Required.

Sorry to bump this old post, but need some info. As this monday we have holiday but PP offices are open, I am going to attempt submitting the form myself. I want to get passport for my mom and wife too. Do they have to be physically present there, or can I submit their forms?

ECNR status is now default. However, you have to still provide the documents. Our recent experiences with two passport renewals (no chnage of address so no police inquiry).

1, My wife, applied in October. Got it within three weeks. However, ECR was put though by age she should have been exempt. Applied for correction. Got the PP back within a fortnight.

2. My daughter: applied in February. The passport was issued in April and sent to our old address (which had been amended in the old passport two years ago). The new occupant sent it back. Contact a senior IFS officer. He followed up, and a fresh one was issued within two weeks, with teh correct address.

A real bad one of a colleague: He applied personally. Being over 60 he went to the Sr citizens Queue. No rush, very polite. Submitted everything. Took three montsh for the PP (maybe his being a Kashmiri - though from Kanpur was the reason). His address was wrong ITI instead of IIT. Took him umpteen trips and almost six months for the correction.

Edited by sgiitk

Today I received my passport on 9th March 2011 as I had applied on 24th Jan 2011. Now I will narrate you the entire process of how did it went through.

I just went to Passport office with the application form that I had taken print out in May 2010. But when I went over there the security guy at the gate told me that this form would not be accepted as this is too old. The application form can only be accepted juz within 6 days and not after that.

So I asked the security guy standing at the passport office gate if he knows anyone. He gives me a guy's contact number and told to contact him and he would get my work done.

I just called that guy and his name is Amar and this is his cell contact number 9833933125. Their office is just behind the passport office.

Now I just submitted him all my papers and he told me the charges would be 2000 rs and I said its ok. So on 24th he filled out the form by filling a new one and taking a print out for the same and submitted the same. Now I would like to inform you what happens next.

He will make you stand outside inside the passport office gate and he will take the originals and the Xerox and show it to the inside man of their reference working in passport office.

Then he comes out say after 30 minutes or 1 hr and will say that you need to go to this counter. So I was along with 7 more ppl where 4 were for tatkal passport and 3 for fresh ordinary passport.

Tatkaal passport charges were different. 1 guy had paid 5000 rs in order to get the passport within 7 days only to this guy. Now while I was standing at the counter I observed that even when you turn comes and if your papers are not at the top then you will have to wait until your paper comes up.

It’s like I will explain you in Hindi Counter pe bahot saare forms hote hai jinme aapka bhi form hota hai toh aapka turn aane se pehle hi aapko jab aap ke pehele 4 members or khade hai toh waha jaake aap apna form side me nikal kar rakhe taki jab aapka turn aaye toh formalites puri ho jaaye nahi toh fir se aapko peeche line me khada rehna padega.

Now when you are at the counter, if you are giving 500 rs note then you need to note down their serial number in the pad of the guy who is sitting at the counter. You need to write them down in their book/pad which they have.

After that you will receive a acknowledgement receipt. I just got that and after 4 days only a cop came at my place and wanted to see all the originals and I showed him and he told me to visit the nearest main police station near my home which I did and he asked him for some xxxxxxxxx also and I paid him 100 rs. After that I went to the nearest police station and showed all my papers. After that he also asked some xxxxx and I paid him 100. He told isme kya hoga and I give him one more 100 note. So total amount that went to the cops were 300 Rs.

So at last today the passport has come. So guys this was my experience but at last I receive what I wanted as I hardly have time to go anywhere as always busy with my office work.

previous.gif Sounds bit fishy - did you confirm what the security guy was saying? Or was it just to lead you to an agent? And your style of giving bribes (extra) is interesting. GirandoOjos.gif I paid no bribes (I don't...). And did not have to go to the station either.

previous.gif Sounds bit fishy - did you confirm what the security guy was saying? Or was it just to lead you to an agent? And your style of giving bribes (extra) is interesting. GirandoOjos.gif I paid no bribes (I don't...). And did not have to go to the station either.

Mumbai me bina khilay pilay hardly goverment ka koi kaam hota hoga

They insist on going to the police station of late. This I think is for additional confirmation of the applicant. Passport scam is well known.

Well this all sounds so strange after my experiences with the passport office in Delhi.

Have got passports made for my entire family and never had a problem. The only problem I faced was that of standing in long queue .The entire process of submitting an application for passport took 2.5 hours for me. In Delhi the passport office is located in Bhikaji Gama Place. You have to go the back side of the office and get a token no., which is issued after they have a look at all your documents. Once that is done you go inside the passport office and just wait for your turn. They have lots of chairs and the token no. and counter no is displayed on the screen. Once your token no. is displayed, you go to your respective counter and viola, the form is submitted.

I personally feel that there is nothing that agent/tout can do for your passport. Things have been really made simple. All the information is available on their website. All you have to do is to make sure that all your documents are in order before you go to the passport office.

Regards

Manuj

previous.gif Thats how it should be. Why Do we Indians need middlemen and bribes in everything we do? And then we say others/politician/govt., is corrupt?

Passport processing has been outsourced to TCS in Karnataka & Chandigarh. The same is supposed to happen across the entire country in under two years. They are to open offices in every district HQ. Karnataka has gone biometric, so you have to go to the office. However, TCS is nly the front end, and the blue book is still issued by the Govt.

As for ECNR you only need a high school certificate. I find the +2 the most useless paper you have so have used it for my daughter (then LLB) and son (then MS).

.... I find the +2 the most useless paper you have .......

So many times i tried telling that to my parents, but they wouldn't listen.

Else I would have been a rockstar with countless girls fawning over me !

Instead of 1.:rofl_200:

Every1 i know are getting passports @ home within 20 days without paying any bribe even in mumbai. However, they do go to passport office on their own & complete necessary formalities.

If you do a pre-registration online by filling a simple form.. u have to go at date & time given to you. these slots are 15 mins apart eg 9:30. 9:45,10:00 etc etc. Its not that difficult if you read the guidelines & requisites properly.

Staff may not be the most polite .. but they still end up doing the job without bribe.

The passport officials in Delhi Are quite polite to me when i went to get the passport renewed..

Applied online...But was not able to reach on time on the specified time,even then he entertained and submitted my application form....

Got the passport in 45 days..