Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tanveer

Best Plan For Me : Help

I am in DAPO.

Till last week I was using Broadband for net access, sadly however I am in a location that does not have broadband available. Its sad that we stil have places in Delhi where no broadband is available.

I dont want to take the pains of applying for an MTNL connection.

So I decided to make use of my relicnce connection only.

Which plan should I choose? Since I never used R connect much, I have never used R connect much, I dont have any idea about merits and demerits of various plans.

Of cours I would need a plan that closely resembles an unlimited broadband. I now thats a far fetched dream but can I subscribe to freedom at night plan and continue with DAPO as my voice plan?

I mean do i have to change my voice plan as well in order to subscribe to any such plan?

PLease help!

P.S. Does anyone have any idea about the availability of some local broadband cable provider(like hathway) in and around New Friends Colony area in Delhi?

Also How easy is it to apply for, get and then surrender an MTNL line these days?

Be very careful before you go in for Broadband ...esp. from local cable operators! I had a HORRIBLE experience with Hathway in Poona. Still not got my refund! Sify, etc., also has a v bad reputation. Just see the reviews on the net.

Hi Tanveer

Why are you so hesitant about MTNL? Now you get a new connection and broadband activation within a week. And I feel MTNL broad band is the cheapest and for me most reliable connection. I had subscribed TRI BAND since its introduction in Mumbai. I had least trouble with it. In fact I took a landline only for Broadband. Even during last year's flood my connection was fine and working well.

regards.

but i dont hink they have good unllimiteds plans do they?

will have to check their website.

Also can we apply online?

No views about freedom at nigh or whatever it is called?

Edited by tanveer

You can club Freedom@night with DAPO. No issues with that. In this case you have to pay the rental for both (F@N & DAPO). In case you want to go for the Joy149 Plan, the rental will be waived off, as that is the default plan for F@N.

unlimited plans from reliance are available only with reliance data card for laptops.

any reviews about tata indicom?

I had used TATA Indicom on my friend's laptop using a Data Card last week in Chennai, and the the speeds were pretty much lower that I used to get when using R-Connect. Though a point to note is that the signal strength for Reliance was higher than TATA at that place.

I am talking about TATA VSNL broadband.

Anyone used it?

Edited by tanveer

Yes.

I am currently using Tata Indicom Braodband. I have 128kbps - with no download limit plan. Its quite good. The download speeds are always in the range of 128-132 kbps. I have never monitored upload speeds but if I remember correctly, they are decent. The downtime is almost negligible. Overall, I am happy with it.

I ve applied for the 256 kbps

They say they are going to take 10 days for it.

10 days by a semi private company! Criminal.

They also said about 7 days to me, however, the connection was installed in 2 days time. Hope you have your connection soon too.

Dude....

Do some research on the net before committing your money. Tata Indicom is reported to be complete and utter rubbish by its users. And MTNL Triband is reported to be heavenly. Don't go by the old reputation of MTNL as a company with its lines always down and bad service. Nowadays 90 % of the people using MTNL Broadband are very, very pleased with it. And TATA Indicom is being sued by people for its bad service ! ----> http://justice-from-tata-indicom.blogspot.com/

And no, don't go for hathaway, sify, hotwire, spectranet etc etc etc that offer "broadband" over LAN cables or hand you a cable modem because they are the worst of all. Go for an ADSL connection. Airtel is another good ADSL provider alongwith MTNL I hear.

And I didn't talk of Reliance at all because --

1) It's not broadband. Reliance itself says that generally you will get a speed of 20-40 kbps on it. That's dial-up like speed.

2) It's very expensive for a fixed connection compared to what other ISP's offer. The closest you can get 24x7 usage is either by getting a data-card for Rs. 14,000 (!) and then get 24x7 internet with 1 GB limit per month OR get a Reliance phone and get charged Rs. 30 / hour for using it in the morning and use it as much as you want at night. It's no good.

Edited by AirCom

I had applied for a Tata Indicom connection about 10 days back.

I had given them a cheque for the same.

Thus far I have not received much of a response from them, despite repeated calls and emails.

Will there be a problem if I stop payment on the cheque and call them and tell them I don’t want their connection?

I mean is it binding on me for their checque to be honored?

Dude....

Do some research on the net before committing your money. Tata Indicom is reported to be complete and utter rubbish by its users. And MTNL Triband is reported to be heavenly. Don't go by the old reputation of MTNL as a company with its lines always down and bad service. Nowadays 90 % of the people using MTNL Broadband are very, very pleased with it. And TATA Indicom is being sued by people for its bad service ! ----> http://justice-from-tata-indicom.blogspot.com/

And no, don't go for hathaway, sify, hotwire, spectranet etc etc etc that offer "broadband" over LAN cables or hand you a cable modem because they are the worst of all. Go for an ADSL connection. Airtel is another good ADSL provider alongwith MTNL I hear.

And I didn't talk of Reliance at all because --

1) It's not broadband. Reliance itself says that generally you will get a speed of 20-40 kbps on it. That's dial-up like speed.

2) It's very expensive for a fixed connection compared to what other ISP's offer. The closest you can get 24x7 usage is either by getting a data-card for Rs. 14,000 (!) and then get 24x7 internet with 1 GB limit per month OR get a Reliance phone and get charged Rs. 30 / hour for using it in the morning and use it as much as you want at night. It's no good.

Very true. I'v had a nightmarish experience with my Hathway connection. Made them disconnect it long ago, but they are yet to refund my money! Since then, after seeing positive reviews online, Im on BSNL DataOne. Its surprising that an ugly enterprise like BSNL give far more reliable service than these private operators! But its a fact ...strange as it is! Ya sure BSNLs customer care is the pits ...but then after more than 6 months of use I'v only seen 3 downtimes ...so dont really need their pathetic customer care unless you got some sort of problem. Whats more speeds are v close to what is promised ...whereas this is often not the case with the above pvt. operators.

Tanveer, If I were you, I'd have stopped that cheque asap. Unless we stop letting these ISPs taking us for granted, things will remain as they are.

Edited by raccoon

I am an ADSL user with Airtel, I am pleased with the services that i get. I am on a 128 Kbps plan. I m more than happy with the connection and the b/w provided !.

I dont have airtel in my area that is the problem.

Anyways, has anyone used R connect Freedom at night plan and used it for Torrents?

How is it?

:bump:

Pleas tell me if I should go for Freedom at night. as at present I dont have any other option

Hoq is it with torrents>

koi to bata do yar freedom at night ke bare mein.

koi meri problem ka bhi jawab de do please.

I guess no one is using Freedom@night for torrents. Hard luck mate, else someone would have already replied.

Why don't you connect from your phone at night and try out the performance one night. It might cost you Rs 15/hr but at least you will know the performance first hand. Keep the torrents on for say 1 - 2 hr, and I guess Rs 30 is not too much a price to pay for checking out the service.