Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abhay

Struggle For Survival Ends; Prince Rescued after 2 day long operation !

Struggle for survival ends; Prince rescued

The struggle for existence ended on Sunday for the six year old Prince as he was successfully rescued from a 60-foot pit after over two-day long operation by various agencies including Army jawans. The people across the country had offered prayers for the safe exit of the boy from the pit.

Army soldiers and experts from the fire service and Air Force had dug a tunnel from a dried up well parallel to the narrow and dark pit, only 16 inches wide, into which Prince fell at Haldheri village near Kurukshetra. The accident occurred while the boy was playing near the pit dug for a tubewell.

As the rescuers worked on reaching the child, who turned six yesterday, hundreds of people gathered at the site from nearby villages and towns, holding their breath in anticipation of the boy`s safe rescue.

Rescuers monitored Prince`s condition using a closed circuit TV system that also allowed him to talk to people on the surface. Food and water was also lowered to the boy.

Prince`s father Ram Chander, who works as a farm hand, told reporters, "I have been praying for the safe rescue of my son ever since he got stuck in the pit." He was joined in the prayers by the boy`s mother Karamjeet.

Across the country, people of all faiths prayed for the boy, who was shown in the CCTV footage resting in the pit, eating chocolates and biscuits lowered to him in a bucket and occasionally crying in desperation. Oxygen was supplied into the pit through a pipe and water was also lowered to the boy.

The Prime Minister, who prayed for the "speedy rescue and good health" of prince, offered "full medical care" for the boy.

http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?aid=31...d=REG&ssid=

I wish happy birthday to PRINCE

Edited by abhay

Prince is a Wonder Boy !! Happy B'Day Little Boy !!

Thanks Indian Army.. You guys are Rocking !!

Thanks Media teams.. You always keep the Indians enlightened.

Damn...CM's offering a reward of Rs.2Lakhs to him!!

Guys....its really great that he was rescued..and a lot of effort and money already spent in that...Great indeeded...spent for a cause!!

Humans have a nature of survying...u place them into any circumstances, they will cope up....imagine the evoluation from ape to human!!..."Prince" had to survive..after all its human mind!!

But that does not mean that our hard earned tax money should be spent on something like this!! Its the media for getting it over covered i guess!! Its gotta be someone's fault that either the pit was left open or that the child was playing there without anyone's notice...

NO GUYS..ITS NOT RIGHT...NO REWARDS...I FEEl !!

hehe u think this is crazy !! taste this !! :)

i have heard some1 (some govt agency has promised to support his family (financially)) and they are gonna finance his (prince's) complete education :):D

i think its just crap its just for publicity :) they are not gonna get any kinda help !! every1 will forget everything within day or two

well apart from this im really happy hes outta this mess

Edited by abhay

Thats Zee News that offered him education support...thats their call man...our money is not involved...

But CM offering him 2Lakhs...thats crap..

and yeah..its really good that he was out from that mess...

Lucky boi.. Thousands of ppl prayed for him.. Celebrated bday on national television.. Got money (frm govt., media companies and trusts, etc.).. wht more u can ask.. may god bless our "jawans" for this great effort..

Cheers!!

No objection about this Just addition to d above news

Every military man (involved) will be getting 51 thousand rupees for rescuing this kid.

Lucky boi..

effort..

Cheers!!

lucky boi huh! try staying in a cupboard where u cant move urbody or even stand up for 50 mins!! this boy stayed in there for 50 hours!!

and for around half of that time without light and food !! i know i would have given up within 10 - 15 mins TOPS !! :)

PM expresses happiness at rescue of Prince

Centre to give Prince Rs 2 lakh

well about the EDUCATION thing i heard it in the train from some1 and it seems ur write king zeenews who has apparently has promised his education

Edited by abhay

Now the media will show how he was born, when he first spoke, his father's life story, his future plans etc for next few weeks.

I think the Indian Media is going the US way.

They dont have stories and they will show just about everything happeneing onn the streets.

And the bloody PM calling on the country for Prayers within a day.

The damn helpless PM was not available for comments when 100 med students were sitting on hunger strike for 10 days.

Neither was he available for comments when Bihar, Jharkhand, Goa, Natwar Singh, Bhardwaj and other fiascos were taking please.

Havent seen a more impotent PM than this one.

Back to the topic....

I think the whole episode was ridiculous.

why should they be paid out of our money.

Tell CM and the General Army to pay the kid and the Jawans from their personal accounts.

I think this rescue was important. Simply to show that we value lives. I think India lost that focus a long time back.

I dont know why he was given Rs. 2 lacs. But he's going to find good use for that money. First thing he's going to spend it on is a name change to get a better name!!!! :)

I do agree this particular incident was covered by the media with too much hullabaloo. Zee News started it off when they telecasted the video of the boy inside the hole. These days its too much competition among the news channels, that if one channel covers it the others will loose viewership and so the other channels run after it too. These type of mishaps are quite common and likely in a country like India. I'm coming to the point that such incidents have happened before and not everyone were lucky like Prince. In April this year, a 5 year old in Kerala met with a very similar incident and where was the media that time and why didn't people in other parts of the country know about it ? I do feel that there was a bit of sensationalism involved in this incident, mostly the politicians trying to gain sympathy among the people. I'm sure these politicians wouldn't have been anywhere near if the media didn't cover the incident this much. Anyway, on a positive note, the media has gained much popularity that it can bring the whole nation to pause and changed the way we think and perceive our society. And thanks to the goodwill of those people mainly the army men, it was a happy ending after the boy was saved after a painful ordeal.

Looks like media is not finding sufficient media coverage...

It might b a news reportor who pushed the guy in the Pit...lol :) (u guys remember...The Wold is Not Enough..the pipe line blast!)

And...I hope Ekta Kapoor saw this....5-6 T.V. serial episod's coveredup :P

BUT YEAH...MY MONEY SHOULD NOT GO WASTED!!..2 LAKHS IN THE PIT NOW...

I asked my mom to dig one for me too....hope to get the sufficient coverage with RIMWEB's support :P

Edited by theking

lol, good idea theking, but make sure you have options for getting out of the hole as well :P

Just a quote from Times Online, UK...

Four children die every minute in India, but the plight of one little boy stuck at the bottom of a 60ft pit for 50 hours was heart-wrenching enough to galvanise the Army, elicit a prime ministerial statement and keep a nation glued to its television sets all weekend.

:rolleyes:

Its good that the CM is giving 2L to the child now every poor family will throw their child in a pit and get such amount from the government. now it can become a good business of digging a pit and the person or company who digs the pit will get their commission from this money also

It just shows how little news our "news channels" have to report! Some kid fell down a hole and he is national news for two days?? With captions like "bas thodi der aur prince"........what crap.

From the midist of no where,

In addition to the honoured Centre's CM offering Rs.2Ls, our honoured Haryana's CM is also puttingup 2Ls more!!

I feel Dire Straits singing....

Now look at them yo-yos thats the way you do it

You play the guitar on the mtv

That aint workin thats the way you do it

Money for nothin and chicks for free

Now that aint workin thats the way you do it

Lemme tell ya them guys aint dumb

Maybe get a blister on your little finger

Maybe get a blister on your thumb

MONEY FOR NOTHING...