Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

How To Upload Ringtones/wallpapers ?

Please post a screen shot of what you see inside the medl folder or type what all are listed inside it.

actually i can not able to get listing of medl folder in rd2030. i think i am doing some mistake using bitpim. can any one discuss about it. i connected the set. explore the '/' all listings are shown. but no molody(x).dat file is there. what whould be the problem ?????????????????????

im qpst 2.7 it asks for spc code. i am giving 'six zeros' but it says spc code is not corect. as disscuss in previous posts. i try to check in nam folder using bitpim. but not able to get the spc code. kindly let me know how to get the spc code. or how can i upload ringtone to my lg 2030 set using data cable.

Its because u hv not d/l any ringtones either from R-World or any othere source (like 8888 or bitpim, etc).

Thats why bitpim is not showing this directory.

D/l any rt from R-World and try again, it'll surely show.

I've added the new links to creating ringtones and wallpapers in the second post of this topic.

Hi,

In what folder should i add wallpaper..kindly help me.....using BITPIM..

thanks.... :rolleyes:

in the meldl folder... replace the icon files

Hi

Will Bitpim (or any other method for the matter) support for uploding stuff(wallpap,tones) from ur PC to the RD 6130 via data cable ???( since 1apr i'm unable to do so the same with the mms method :confuse: )

THANX

i'm also facing the same problem(spc code incorrect). if you had got the solution please forward it to mesaleem@rediffmail.com.

im qpst 2.7 it asks for spc code. i am giving 'six zeros' but it says spc code is not corect. as disscuss in previous posts. i try to check in nam folder using bitpim. but not able to get the spc code. kindly let me know how to get the spc code. or how can i upload ringtone to my lg 2030 set using data cable.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ILOVEYOU

26798[/snapback]

i'm also facing the same problem(spc code incorrect). if you had got the solution please forward it to mesaleem@rediffmail.com.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ILOVEYOU

26798[/snapback]

GUIDE TO SPC CODE USING BITPIM:

Well You can use the following procedure for getting your mobile's SPC code. Goto bitpim file system, open up nvm folder. you will find another nvm folder. In this subfolder you will find file with name nvm_0000. Right click on file and you will see command hexdump. click on hexdump to see a series of 0s and other digits. DONT CHANGE ANYTHING. Just note down the first six digit number in right hand column. You are right- that is your SPC code!!!

Hope this helps.

I've added the new links to creating ringtones and wallpapers in the second post of this topic.

28504[/snapback]

Hi Arun, I am having LG RD 6130. It's a great handset with cool multimedia capabilities. However, I have checked it's files and directory structure both thru bitpim as well as QPST2.7 and am not able to locate the said meldl or wallpaper files.

On opening of root directory, I see three subdirectories named ams, data and nvm along with two files $USER_DIRS and $SYS.FACTORY .

1. On expanding ams, I see sub-directories having names 00, 01 and so on. In addition to two files named contentinfo and locale in this sub-directory, there are files named 01.jad , 01.jar, 02.jad, 02.jar and so on.

2. On expanding nvm, I see three subdirectories- nvm, prl and sms. Here also, there is no sub-directory or file to suggest anything about ringtones or wallpapers.

3. On expanding data, there are two sub-directories f and m. They too don’t contain any file to suggest it can be changed.

I feel really disappointed. All my efforts have come to nothing. Will appreciate if somebody, maybe somebody using RD6130 can suggest how I can change ringtones or wallpapers in this mobile, especially since Reliance has stopped MMS portal too.

hello everyone

i have also bought a 6130 recently

lgsync allows mer to update phone book and restore it as well

i have got the SPC code from bitpim to access qpst 2.7

but no ways can i see the wallpaper or ringtone folder

any body who has got this thru

plz help

i m really dissapointed ,

its feels handicaped

tc

hi

also mms works fine with this handset

pics as well as tunes

sending is good

but recieving them from a mailbox at our rimno@......

it says unable to deliver

so recieving ringtones thru mms is also not possible

plz help

tc

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ILOVEYOU

26798[/snapback]

GUIDE TO SPC CODE USING BITPIM:

Well You can use the following procedure for getting your mobile's SPC code. Goto bitpim file system, open up nvm folder. you will find another nvm folder. In this subfolder you will find file with name nvm_0000. Right click on file and you will see command hexdump. click on hexdump to see a series of 0s and other digits. DONT CHANGE ANYTHING. Just note down the first six digit number in right hand column. You are right- that is your SPC code!!!

Hope this helps.

30553[/snapback]

Thnx buddy i was searching for this and i got it

kpdude

hey guys,

i know I am asking for a favour too bad. I ain't a RIM user, but would definitely take interest in sharing and receiving tones... Can anyone please tell me how to convert .dat tones to .mid tones.. I am not able to run these .zip and .dat tones on my comp n neither am I able to upload it to my GSM N3200. Anyone wants to lend a hand in helping me out with my tribulations ,,, ... Plz !!!!!

Use Nokia PC Suite and open the DAT file in Sound converter.

When u'll save or upload it in the mobile, it'll automatically change it into MIDI.

Or use PSMPlayer,open the dat file and convert it into midi ringtone format.

hi is there no way bitpm can be used to recognize the 2030 phone using the usb data cable? is there any way to send tones by sms or something?

BitPim will work with USB data cable for LG RD 2030. Try playing around with the settings of BitPim and re-connect it a few times. Ofcourse you can send tones by email, check out: http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2030

hi is there no way bitpm can be used to recognize the 2030 phone using the usb data cable? is there any way to send tones by sms or something?

35880[/snapback]

hi i got ringtone in my MMS inbox.But i cann't able to set that as ringtone.i am using LG 2130.pls help me :)

For those who want to play safe, here is the link for Bitpim 0.62 version,Click Here or download from http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforg...-0.62-setup.exe

I'll be updating as and when I get informed about the latest Bitpim software.

For now, please Click here for the latest or download from here,

http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcef....7.19-setup.exe

10190[/snapback]

Sorry boss cannot download Bitpim .........

Could not read file.

Go back. /home/ftp/pub/sourceforge//s/so/sourceforge/bitpim/bitpim-0.62-setup.exe

Aug 24, 2005 07:56

can u suggest what can be done

-------Avi

Its because bitpim has removed this version from their site.

U can d/l the latest version from here.

Hi,

I am using LG RD 2030 RIM mobile and I am unable to delete a downloaded ringtone. I tried to replace it with another ring tone by downloading it from R-World. But it is unable to replace. I tried Ringtone Eraser on R-World , but it gives me a "Server Down Message". Can anyone help me how to delete a ringtone

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

If u have the datacable connect the mobile to the comp, use bitpim available from http://www.bitpim.sourceforge.net to read the filesystem. Delete the ringtone u do not need from the meldl folder. the melody files are the tones

Cheers

Ashok

will bitpim work on lg 5130?i have tried http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=2030 sendind mms does anyone tell how to send mms to lg 5130 or any reliance phone via pc email. i have tried "1st smtp" software as per form no use.pls give in detail, by now i have collected many wallpapers a ns tones but not able to put them in my lg 5130.any one help me pls

If u have the datacable connect the mobile to the comp, use bitpim available from http://www.bitpim.sourceforge.net to read the filesystem. Delete the ringtone u do not need from the meldl folder. the melody files are the tones

Cheers

Ashok

41387[/snapback]