Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

Kyocera 7135 - The Complete Guide...

We had a Kyocera User Group meet at CCD (Cafe Coffee Day ), Sion. It was a meet that was just decided on Friday, over private phone conversations ... and planned in a Day . The post came on rimweb pretty late...

I know that this time the notice was VERY short.. but still we had a good turn up :NO:

but the only thing that bothered me was the people who promised they would be there (on phone calls / SMS ).. but did not turn up!

well .. .getting back to the topic in hand...

The reason, I called up for a meet was because a lot of Kyocera Users could not figure out the best way to use this handset - and some of the repairs could be done on the handset without much effort - I can certify this since I recovered my handset from a regular crash(once in 2 mins) and then finally an SRCP [The most dreaded infliction of the Kyocera - that in itself is considered the end of any sane Kyo users - kyo life :D ]

My handset was showing me the dreaded message sometime 2 weeks back - since I was already in the Kadki stage of my life (kangaal for the uninitiated) a repair was definetly out of bounds...

I just opened up the Kyo - knowing fully well that I had nothing to loose... gave a hot alco bath, heated the board, de/re-soldered the phone chipset (and to be honest - shorted a chip :Contento: ), but once everything was put back in place. ... .... :SI::SI::( The PHONE WAS PERFECT!!!

since I was quite confident now .. I decided to call for the meet...

and the people who turned up will certify for the same ... :D

I will try to make this thread a complete encyclopedia for Kyocera users ... yeah might have a PDF version soon :D

The innards of the Kyocera 7135

The Kyocera 7135 is a smartphone, it encapsules a PALM OS PDA and a phone, initially i thought that it was all a one show chipset ... but well that is'nt true.. u have a PCB for the Palm segment and one for the phone ...

Opening the phone

Open the 4 screws on the back of the phone, then apply pressure upwards to remove the back cover ...

1.jpg

Seperate the backcover (with the stylus and the antenna)

2.jpg

Remove the Phone PCB (2 screws)

3.jpg

Hold and lift gently by the sides (Phone PCB)

4.jpg

Reverse side (Phone PCB)

5.jpg

The plastic + aluminium seperator to seperate Phone and Pda PCB's

6.jpg

The PDA section

7.jpg

Removing the connection of the LCD

8.jpg

Disconnected :D

9.jpg

Screen seperate

10.jpg

:D Kewl ... So what actually runs the show on the handset ?

PDA .. Powered by the Motorola DragonBall processor ... or this :SI:

11.jpg

The Phone is powered by the qualcomm MSM5100 chip ... (used in other phones too )

12.jpg

PS : When I got the SRCP error message - this is what I removed and re-soldered (though the MIN was corrupted, I recovered it back - thanks to the rimwebian from the Kyo ASC :SI:

The PDA and the phone PCBs exchange communicate thro this -->

13.jpg

One of the costliest phones from Reliance - at my mercy :NO: on my table :(

14.jpg

The memory card reader

15.jpg

Headset Jack

16.jpg

Battery Charging sockets

17.jpg

Grafitti and Keypad

18.jpg

Features of the back

19.jpg

Vibrator

20.jpg

Volume controls

21.jpg

The handset you just saw was one which was given to me to repair by one of the members who came to the meet... The display was dead, and he had taken the handset to the Kyocera ASC in vashi and in andheri, and was offered a repair for Rs. 4000/-

All I did was to reconnect the display wiring (gave the board a thorogh cleaning with IPA) and heated the board too .... then I just rewired the display LCD panel.

and here is the results (pooh !! 4000 worth of repair :SI: - Costed me about 250/- for the cable from a old handset which i had got for that price)

here is a contact sheet !!!

all.jpg

More soon to come

:D:D:SI: SIMPLY AMAZING MAN !!! :SI::(:NO:

heck, thats some serious dissembling research work that you have done on the Kyo ! I'm sending over my Kyo to Dr.Ashok soon ! :D

Cool Ashok....very comprehensive dissection guide. All your 'keeda' things are fantabulous! :SI:

Btw, I wonder if you could help me out too. My kyocera is lying dead with me, i was told that some connector is faulty (my set fell off from 3 storeys) and since the connector is not available separately, chip needs to changed completely...some 6k worth job. Any chances?

Great Man, Keep It Up.

Absolutely fantabulous.

So when are you planning to dissect other models?

Cool Ashok....very comprehensive dissection guide. All your 'keeda' things are fantabulous! :lol:

Btw, I wonder if you could help me out too. My kyocera is lying dead with me, i was told that some connector is faulty (my set fell off from 3 storeys) and since the connector is not available separately, chip needs to changed completely...some 6k worth job. Any chances?

Can I have a glance at the handset ... If u have a digi, take a snap of the mobile (so i can have a rough estimate of the repair chances)

if u are confident enuf to open it ... we can try a analysis on webcam :D

cheers

ashok

Sounds good to me. I can send you the snap but...snap of what? The handset looks just perfect from outside. I am not that bad at dissecting things...let me know when can we set up video con call.

Thought i could do that tonight ... but I doubt it ... I forgot the birthday of one of my old friends (and that happens to be a female) - and now I am getting battered for forgetting something like that :lol:

guess what .. If I survive the crash after meeting her ... we could organize for a vid con :D

cheers

ashok

ashok, first of all thanx for this excellent post. U really amazed me with ur capabilities.

i believe the perfect title is "fix ur kyocera at home"

anyway dude plz help me out aswell as my kyo is lying dead with srcp message n also a new addition is that my phone only starts with charger on, maybe some fault with battery connectors as well

also, im aware alot of people would have queries about how to fix srcp, so i was wondering if u could record the video conferencing and put it up on youtube or someplace else for others like me 2 see??

Edited by gids

Sure guess that can be done ...

in fact I was thinking about trying one more phone with SRCP ... a video and upload it someplace ...

Is there anyone in Mumbai with the nice and friendly SRCP error ??? if yes ... please buzz me back :lol:

Great work dude.

There was no doubt you are a genious but now what ppl call you is perfact - Dr. Ashok.

I remember we had a chat once that after upgrading the Firmware, SRCP should not happen. I have upgraded and till now my phone is good. But your post suggests that it can occur even after upgrading to the latest firmware. So I agree with Gids that there should be a video which show the "How to Fix Kyo at home".

One suggestion - the next time you fix a Kyo, try to fix it without desoldering and soldering - if that works, I am sure many of us can do the fix, because many of us either dont have the tools for soldering or lacking the skill of it. Please post if just cleaning and heating works.

Once again a salute to Dr.Ashok.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

thanks for information ashoksoft................my kyo 7135 panel is brokern by side..will i get panel of kyo anywhere? if yes let me know the cost..

Edited by deadman

We had a Kyocera User Group meet at CCD (Cafe Coffee Day ), Sion. It was a meet that was just decided on Friday, over private phone conversations ... and planned in a Day . The post came on rimweb pretty late...

I know that this time the notice was VERY short.. but still we had a good turn up :D

but the only thing that bothered me was the people who promised they would be there (on phone calls / SMS ).. but did not turn up!

well .. .getting back to the topic in hand...

The reason, I called up for a meet was because a lot of Kyocera Users could not figure out the best way to use this handset - and some of the repairs could be done on the handset without much effort - I can certify this since I recovered my handset from a regular crash(once in 2 mins) and then finally an SRCP [The most dreaded infliction of the Kyocera - that in itself is considered the end of any sane Kyo users - kyo life :D ]

My handset was showing me the dreaded message sometime 2 weeks back - since I was already in the Kadki stage of my life (kangaal for the uninitiated) a repair was definetly out of bounds...

I just opened up the Kyo - knowing fully well that I had nothing to loose... gave a hot alco bath, heated the board, de/re-soldered the phone chipset (and to be honest - shorted a chip :Contento: ), but once everything was put back in place. ... .... :Sorprendido::Sorprendido::Sorprendido: The PHONE WAS PERFECT!!!

since I was quite confident now .. I decided to call for the meet...

and the people who turned up will certify for the same ... :D

I will try to make this thread a complete encyclopedia for Kyocera users ... yeah might have a PDF version soon :D

The innards of the Kyocera 7135

The Kyocera 7135 is a smartphone, it encapsules a PALM OS PDA and a phone, initially i thought that it was all a one show chipset ... but well that is'nt true.. u have a PCB for the Palm segment and one for the phone ...

Opening the phone

Open the 4 screws on the back of the phone, then apply pressure upwards to remove the back cover ...

1.jpg

Seperate the backcover (with the stylus and the antenna)

2.jpg

Remove the Phone PCB (2 screws)

3.jpg

Hold and lift gently by the sides (Phone PCB)

4.jpg

Reverse side (Phone PCB)

5.jpg

The plastic + aluminium seperator to seperate Phone and Pda PCB's

6.jpg

The PDA section

7.jpg

Removing the connection of the LCD

8.jpg

Disconnected :D

9.jpg

Screen seperate

10.jpg

Where are the pictures, my friend? If you don't mind, please send them to my mailbox.

tiaranalimas@yahoo.com

Regards from Jombang Indonesia.

Arre yaar .. I need to search for the pics yaar ... seem to have misplaced them when I sold my old laptop ...

if anyone has the pics please mail them back to me ... I will get it uploaded ...

btw If I am correct, your error has been rectified naa ??? :)

cheers

ashok

Close to 14 hours in the office ... staying in Palm Beach and working in Malad ... so a 2 +2 = 4 Hours of riding everyday (the only time of bliss :P )..

so boom there goes 18 hours of my day ... 6 hours to sleep and bang!!!!!!

Saturday and Sunday are the only days when I get to catch up with my social life :) and hey those days I prefer being in Pune .. with someone ... ooh so special :) hehe ...

btw If anyone wants to catch up for a cuppa on sat evening in Pune ... buzz me by SMS on +91 9323656408

cheers

ashok

Hey Friend's ,

got the problem to my Dear Kyo 7135, can anybody post the pics..

Plz yaar & Thanks very Much..

CAn anybody PLZ post here the particular picwhich shows where needs to be soldered or de-soldered for Ky 7135 PLZ... I got the SRCP Problem Friend's.. Waiting since 1 Week... Thanks

Edited by Hyd Ladka

Dr Ashok SRCP problem in my 7135 , pl suggest as what has to be done i would like to fix the problem and SELL the handset........Pl Help