Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ssr

Induction Cooker

I recently saw an Induction Cooker in a retail shop. (I donot remember which brand)

Anyone using this?

Is this really works? :D

Yes, I just brought one from Delhi.

Itz a proper substitute for stoves & gas burners.

I can cook , i can fry , I can heat. I can do many of the things possible on a gas burner + u do need a LPG cylinder.

I can cook , i can fry , I can heat. I can do many of the things possible on a gas burner + u do need a LPG cylinder.

Hi,

Really interesting. Can you give some more details about it like brand, cost, how it works etc.. and is it really a substitute for gas cooking?

Really I am also eager to purchase it. Can someone tell me the price of this cooker urgently.

Regards.

http://search.ebay.in/Induction-Cooker

I think im gonna make this my signature or something - Google-it, Wiki-it and ebay-it - Thats ALL you need.

99% of out everyday internet querries get answered (if not delivered-to-home) with just these three. Of course we DO need forums and such to hear from ppl who actually used them - not just the word from the seller.

Thanx all the same, thanx for letting me know that there is something called Induction Cooking.

In bangalore M.K. Retail It costs around 2K (I forgot brand)

I hv already went through many sites to know about Induction cooker.

as told by rEdshiFt wikipedia has good explanation about it and howit works

I think advatage of this is quick heating of vessels and efficient energy utilisation, most interestingly

It is not having any heating meterial on its surface and if

the vessel is removed it can automatically switches of

But problem is it works only with Iron or Steel vessels

So I wonder whether all the vessels needed for reqular usage comes with above materials?

Edited by ss_rakesh

Induction heating is based on induction (Some thing like transformer) It is claimed to be eco freindly but in reality it is not as it consumes more power (effectively even more carbon emission) than conventional cookers or stoves. Induction stove efficiency greatly reduced when you use no flat bottom cook wares (Indian utensils are usually not flat). Also It alter taste of food.

It is cheaper than LPG cylinder?

CNG / PNG or Natural gas, is perhaps most eco friendly in temrs of carbon emission & cost. SInce electricity is produced in big plants, they are more carbon efficient than smaller boilers and units. But it is produced using coal, so it emits more NOx, SOx and Cox. It also emits more SPM and has ash which too is eco de grading.

LPG is second best and second cheapest option.

Dear Mr. Rakesh SS,

I bought that 2k cooker from M.K Retail for 2450/-. But it is not a good model. I got 3 times complaint on this model in 5 months of period. Some times when we turn on the induction cooker, it makes beep sound and turn off immediately. It doesn’t generate the heat after then never. I feel its quality is very poor or worst.

Few of my friends are using some other model induction cookers since more than one year and which they have purchased from some other dealers. They do not have any issues like this. They are happy with their product.

And to get the replacement with them is also not easy. We have to wait for long........... Because those guys seems busy with their business.

I suggest, do not buy any such low range or local induction cookers never. Because that will become a very big head ache after then

if anyone find quality Induction cookers any where in Bangalore (Not from M.K). Please let me know

I have NOVA induction cooker (imported) for 1200 bucks. (1800 watts)

It works good. the beep sound is either because vessal is non compatible for induction or it has sanwhich bottom cookware which has a metal mixed in it & henace not suitable for induction cooking.

U need metals that can be magnetized. iron, steel etc.

It saves energy, you can touch the vessal when it is being heated... works like charm.

Good luck.

Hi,

Really interesting. Can you give some more details about it like brand, cost, how it works etc.. and is it really a substitute for gas cooking?

You can find the details in wikipedia.

It works on the principle of induction heating. Heating is done by Eddy current and magnetic hysterisis Loss.

There are lot of varities in market. Most of them is made in china. One thing you need to be careful is the copper coil that is used in the cooker. It should be pure cooper and should have a weight of atleast 300gm. Also make sure it has ceramic plate and not glass plate. Wattage is important. 1800w or 2000w is good.

I deal in induction cooker which is made in Taiwan. The copper coil weight is 340gm. It comes with 2 years warranty. And is priced reasonably. You can contact me on 9611264700

Dear Mr. Rakesh SS,

I bought that 2k cooker from M.K Retail for 2450/-. But it is not a good model. I got 3 times complaint on this model in 5 months of period. Some times when we turn on the induction cooker, it makes beep sound and turn off immediately. It doesn’t generate the heat after then never. I feel its quality is very poor or worst.

Few of my friends are using some other model induction cookers since more than one year and which they have purchased from some other dealers. They do not have any issues like this. They are happy with their product.

And to get the replacement with them is also not easy. We have to wait for long........... Because those guys seems busy with their business.

I suggest, do not buy any such low range or local induction cookers never. Because that will become a very big head ache after then

if anyone find quality Induction cookers any where in Bangalore (Not from M.K). Please let me know

Which brand induction cooker did u purchased from MK retail?

I have induction stove and used it for 1 year. Its very good but the problem is you can't use to cook everything like roti's. Also the utensils should have induction base to work with induction stove. I have not used induction cooker.

You can use all type of stainless steel utensils on Induction cookers. Also can use the non-stick cookwares those have stainless steel base.

can be used complimentary to a gas stove cuz pressure cookers dont work on atleast the model that i have..

I think your pressure cooker is aluminium bodied one. Induction cooker will not work with aluminium utensils. Try with new type of pressure cookers which have steel bodies.

YEs. alumnium do not work. try steel

next week my sister is going to buy butterfly induction stove for 2400 rs. any comments ??

Power rating between 1800W to 2000W is affordable, but induction cooker have some settings example: for boiling water, cooking rice, etc. And offcourse the !!!WARRANTEE!!!!

yes its 1800W and they give 1 year replacement warranty..

alaska (2000w) from METRO costs 1800 Rs

NOVA (imported ) 1800 W costs 1200 RS