Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

How Much Members Who Wants To Send Bulk Sms Is Willing To Spend On Hardware?

What if

1. It uses RUIM

2. If it has RS 232 connection

I am trying to get solutions for many RIMWEBIANS who are dying for such solutions. I know there is good business opportunities for DAPO guys. :Chulo::(

basically- NIL . (FOC)

Maybe u can even offer people some money to use the hardware :(

I would still state the cost of a decent Nokia handset + the cable

:(

coz when the send is initiated by a S/w u can have better control :Chulo: , and moreover better integration is possible!!

cheers

ashok

@kshah,

please open up and let us know what exactly it will cost for us. what is the hw required and the cost and also the sw required and its cost. and whether it will be easy to use. will reliance object to it? you may know that for for free onnet call packs, they very clearly state that it should not be used for commercial purposes. hence for this also, there may be some rules. check and advise.

thanks

@kshah,

please open up and let us know what exactly it will cost for us. what is the hw required and the cost and also the sw required and its cost. and whether it will be easy to use. will reliance object to it? you may know that for for free onnet call packs, they very clearly state that it should not be used for commercial purposes. hence for this also, there may be some rules. check and advise.

thanks

No I am getting offer for CDMA modem with RUIM which supports sending SMS using computer. So any one who is wnating to send SMS can use this hardware, I am still negotiating for prices. I know there are many RIMwebians who wants this solution but some how people are not ready to spend. Despite the fact that there is huge business potential.

I do not know about policies.

This could be useful for DAPO customers.

Spamming SMS can be stopped by Telecom Operator no matter which scheme you use.

You cannot use unlimited mins/sms schemes for commercial use. its basic condition laid by any operator. Baaki consult Ram Joothmalani (PUN intended)

Here everyone want things for free, i use to get calls form all over the country to make it possible at any cost.

One guy offered to bear R & D expence. (remember ashok??)

Now when we getting it, seems noone interested.

around 5000

me too, around 5K

Here everyone want things for free, i use to get calls form all over the country to make it possible at any cost.

One guy offered to bear R & D expence. (remember ashok??)

Now when we getting it, seems noone interested.

yep mate ...

I still remember the handsets I got then :Chulo:

hehe ...

Spamming SMS can be stopped by Telecom Operator no matter which scheme you use.

You cannot use unlimited mins/sms schemes for commercial use. its basic condition laid by any operator. Baaki consult Ram Joothmalani (PUN intended)

Rightly said Munna, every one want things for free. They do not realize the cost of opportunity.

One has to use services smartly, there is always a way out. It must be remembered that wether CDMA / GSM, no modem can send more than 50-60 SMS per minute.

hi nilesh ! call me . i recently spent on this and have studied market .

K Shah: I am willing to spend!

Pls contact on 93269-33979 so that

we can discuss the same

-Nilesh Rathi

hi nilesh ! call me . i recently spent on this and have studied market .

There are hardware available which uses RUIM and can be used to send SMS using computer. Because I was negotiating with people who can supply such hardware and since members were asking for means and ways to send SMS (bulk) I thought it right to ask opinions about willingness to spend. Such hardware cost as high as high end handsets. Such cost is only in CDMA. GSM is much cheaper. Infact in GSM one does not require special hardware, many nokia phones can do job.

hardware cost in cdma is not much and u have option to buy second hand sets too .

what really matters how u put it in use with the software .i feel when u ask investment in bulk sms solution , one should keep in mind software investment w.r.t its functions .

I sopke to vendor who is ready to give software for free. I have asked for evaluation copy to see functionalities. Lets wait for a while.

According to me, if hardware supports standard AT commands like GSM handsets, then software is not a big issue. Issue is the way SMS is implemented in CDMA and the way CDMA is hiding functionalities from users.

@kshah : as you only posted "It must be remembered that wether CDMA / GSM, no modem can send more than 50-60 SMS per minute."

and this is fact . so why to waste money on hardware . you can go for min. hardware giving this speed . and integrate it with a software which is user friendly and solves the purpose . what the fun of buying a software for free and spending 3 times more on hardware if eventually it would also send sms at same speed

Agreed, no modem can send more than 50-60 SMS per minute. But it depends, like if we take and example of Nokia 6155, with AT command and 160 char message it takes whooping 20 seconds. I tested this by compiling message as mentioned in their document in note pad and then pasting it to hyper terminal.

However it depends on application. Web based SMS services are not very cheap also when you look at enterprise solutions of any mobile operatore, they charge atleast Rs. 0.60 to 1.0 for SMS. Same is with most SMS gateways.

And howmany application we really know, which sucessfully sends SMS using CDMA handsets?

It could be useful for many especially say a person takes contract of small company, where he has to send say 5000 to 10000 SMS per month. He can do so using this modem. He may change RUIM for another number for another company.

Remember, there is a good business potential, I am really not into this type of business and once I get concrete information about hardware, I am going to share it with all. Its just an idea to many members who can exploit their contacts and information to make money. Remember there are hardly few thousand members here out of few millions users. SO majority of mass is not as informed as you are and that is where business arises from.

Its good going here. I appreciate such brain storming.

Edited by kshah

you are right potential of this business is very high . these days lot of people trading in shares , gold , steel , different metals and what not . these people want updated rates every day or every hour even . and this is where the potential market of bulk sms arises .

sorry drifting a little from topic but its essential to mention . i dont know about policies regarding whether its illegal or legal from telecom operator point of view . but its totally legal from customer point of view as customer themselves subscribe to these services .

and choice of hardware in cdma is limited because at commands supported on few models .

by the way pl. expand more what type of different possibilities do you think are there w.r.t willingness to spend on hardware ( the basic theme of this thread)

can anyone tell me how to use this software "CDMA SMS Software SendSMS Cdma 1.6" from download.com it claims to be compatible with 6255 but i am unable to use it.

Bye

Soham

PS: posting here because this software can send bulk sms hence related to the topic

Edited by drsoham

there is a seperate thread for that software:

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...=7528&st=15

earlier i was not able to send . theni used my friend phone . and i was able to send . make sure u have uninstalled nokia pc suite if u have installed , and connect phone

I Agree Sending SMS with CDMA / GSM Phone & Modem take too much Time

In CDMA it take 4.5 Second for 1 SMS ad if Multi Channel in CDMA is Allowed for SMS it take average 3.75 Seconds

For Sending SMS via Nokia Handset Via Cable following Handset will usefull

Nokia 6235, 6255, 6265, 2865

Sending SMS Via Bluetooth (Tested in Widcomm, Blue Soleil and Microsoft BT Stack)

Nokia 6265, 6255, 2865

Microsoft BT Stack is Most stable Bluetooth Software for Sending SMS via Bluetooth

In Nokia We can Send SMS or 143 Character long 0nly

I am Self is Developing SMS Sending Server and will be Distributing is Free of Cost to All Users in World

Just Get MS.Net from Microsoft Website and Write to me on

HetalDP@Gmail.com for SOftware

I Agree Sending SMS with CDMA / GSM Phone & Modem take too much Time

In CDMA it take 4.5 Second for 1 SMS ad if Multi Channel in CDMA is Allowed for SMS it take average 3.75 Seconds

For Sending SMS via Nokia Handset Via Cable following Handset will usefull

Nokia 6235, 6255, 6265, 2865

Sending SMS Via Bluetooth (Tested in Widcomm, Blue Soleil and Microsoft BT Stack)

Nokia 6265, 6255, 2865

Microsoft BT Stack is Most stable Bluetooth Software for Sending SMS via Bluetooth

In Nokia We can Send SMS or 143 Character long 0nly

I am Self is Developing SMS Sending Server and will be Distributing is Free of Cost to All Users in World

Just Get MS.Net from Microsoft Website and Write to me on

HetalDP@Gmail.com for SOftware

Hetal, its will be a great effort and I think will be very helpful to many members.

I think you can include Nokia 6155 in your list too as it supports AT COMMNAD

Reliance uses pagging channel to send SMS

Edited by kshah

@kshah .... now the software part is free . so what do you say of hardware expenditure now . when we have options of so many sets