Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

hI,

Although we discuss about other mobile and landline operators in different threads why can't we have a section for other operators. Most of us have have mobiles and landlines of other operators also. Not at all a bad idea. Arun and his team should seriously give a thought to it.

Regards

Vijay

That's a nice thought ...but the forum name seems speceific to rim :D

Thanks for your suggestions GSV13, kunal, Vijaykumar and spdf... since there are many threads about other operators, it does make sense for having subforums for them and move those topics too... we'll come up with something for it soon.

can we try to get social issue which are currently relevent to be discussed here..

it will create a much wider base... and the issue closer to heart will e discussed..

and regarding the name to be specific to RIM then i dont think that will be an issue, because its RIM that brings people together here on this platform.

guys..

That's a nice thought ...but the forum name seems speceific to rim :)

Goto dslreports.com they are discussing cell phones, city life and what not on BB board!!

Atleast we are still specific to cell fone .

Today i noticed that my my designation on rimweb has been upgraded from 'member' to

'Experienced Member' . Thanks for the promotion. It really feels good. :Contento: Thank You !

^^^

@anuragz

My dear friend, this happens because you had completed your 100 posts. If you complete your 100 posts you will automatically upgraded to "Experienced Member" group. Now as u become an experienced member, try posting more and more to becoming "Rim Addict", "Veteran" & "Rim Guru".

Regards.

And what after "RIM GURU" :clap:

i am still a member :clap::)

i am still a member :lol:;)

No Amit i can view ur profile as "Experienced Member"

i wanna become rim guru :lol:

i didnt notice my status till i became advanced member then it was when somehow i maged to look at my profile on th left.. and i had become an addict.

but i dont let it bother me, i like it here.. being a padik at rimweb.

How come i cannot log in with IE7

I have been trying since yesterday evening and only when i tried mozila that i got in..

any problems with IE?

and after this post.. some time later even mozilla could not load..

Edited by copperco2

Nope, must be a problem with the connectivity since both browsers didn't work. Are you still experiencing any issues ?

the problem is still there.sometimes i can see the rimweb sign in the address bar but the page does not load up. i have tried it in opera too.

Alright, when that happens again, please do the following command in Command Prompt window and send me the result as a PM. Thanks !

tracert www.rimweb.in

the problem is still there.sometimes i can see the rimweb sign in the address bar but the page does not load up. i have tried it in opera too.

Hi Arun,

Even I had this problem of rimweb page not lodding. Last week I could not log in for three days continuously from my my PC and I am using MTNL TRIband. Around two or three months before same problem arised. I used different browsers like IE7, Mozilla, Netscape and even Realplayer. All without success. But when I logged in again nobody seems to have any problem. I thought may be something to do with my machine. But now I got a new dual core machine with 1 gb and I realised that It was not my machines fault. I assumed that this may be something to do with MTNL broadband. Are they bocking the site?

Vijay

Must be DNS cache problem. MTNL's server is not refreshing the DNS. Try to use some permanent DNS addresses.

rimweb site recently working with mtnl dns ......best option is to change secondary dns to 4.2.2.1 or 4.2.2.2

When you are unable to access the website from multiple browsers, please do a traceroute from your PC (using the command: tracert www.rimweb.in) and PM me the results.

In Windows, to do a tracreoute, open Command Prompt (Start > Accessories > Command Prompt) and type: tracert www.rimweb.in

Then press enter and wait for a few minutes until it completes. Then copy the result from the Command Prompt window (right click > click Mark > select the text, right click to copy) and send me the result as a PM or paste it here as a reply.

Most probably the issue is because MTNL's DNS is not resolving the domain name at all, as Vishal pointed out. One workaround is to use external DNS addresses as GSV13 mentioned. You can use 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 as the primary and secondary DNS addresses instead. You can configure this from TCP/IP properties of your network card.

Thanks Arun, Vishal and GSV13. I will let you know the results when I have the problem next time.

regards

vijay

Please dont change forums layout from classic to tree sort of. Its not very convenient.

^^ You can change the layout from "Options -> Display Modes -> Standard" (Just below the "Add Reply" and "New Topic" buttons at TOP). No one changed it. It would be changed by any mistake at yourside.

^^ You can change the layout from "Options -> Display Modes -> Standard" (Just below the "Add Reply" and "New Topic" buttons at TOP). No one changed it. It would be changed by any mistake at yourside.

Thanks vishal, I never knew and may be my mistake. I apologize.

Edited by kshah