Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

mp4 files are generally bigger in size, hence please upload them in external servers like www.rapidshare.com or www.megaupload.com

If it really has to be uploaded, please zip them using Winzip and attach them so that the size would be little more lesser.

got the point, thanks

@arun

though it has been mentioned time and again......what about putting palm as a seperate topic rather tha in other handsets ....also the number of palm users r increasing by the day......when v have seperate topic for htc than y not for palm treos

Its already on the cards and included in the forum structure revision which is due for the 5th Anniversary! More details in the coming days!

its good to know that the point is under consideration.......waiting for the revison of our forum

Well Mr.Arun And MODS

I Have a Suggestion That People Should Require A Certain Limit to post in Buy/Sell Thread.

Because From a Few Days I Have Been noticing People with Just 1 Post Are Posting To Sell Their Stuff.

This Is In The Safety Of The Forum.I Hope Nobody Should Get Cheated / Get a Bad View About Our Site.

Therefore There should Be A Criteria For a Person 2 Post Buy Or Sell In The Buy/Sell Forum.

I DO Agree That You Have Written in Rules That Buyin/Sellin Is At Out Own Risk...

But Then This Would Be a Good Step.

Thanking You And Sorry If Hurting...

Regards

KooL

Edited by Honest
<< Post Moved >>

^^^

Yes my dear DJ, your suggestion is good and it can be considered. We will discuss the same with the Admins and do the needful.

Regards.

a great suggestion bro :Sorprendido: ..........even i m noticg a lot of people registering on this forum to just post ads.......this is dangerous as there can b quacks as well.......i have seen and experinced on other websites where such kind of people post .....and the worst thing since there r posters from all over the country so many times buying and selling has to b done thru online methods and shipping......tis could b very risky.......if there is a good limit that one has to cross before psoting an ad atleast that would negate all these quacks .......

i love this forum n i dont want this forum to b a looting point for all hookers ....lets make our forum safe ....ARUN PLZ SEE TO THIS

if there is a good limit that one has to cross before psoting an ad atleast that would negate all these quacks .......

^^^

What limit would you suggest my dear friends ?

kamal ji i think that is a very factuos deicsion to take ......what according to u shud b a minimum limit .......i go for 30 to 40 posts atleast .....so that it becomes sure that the guy posting an ad also has had to do sumthing for the forum ....

what do u suggest kamal??????

The Limit Should be Such That The Buyer/Seller Should Know Whether The Seller/Buyer Is Genuine Or Not.

I Know This Is Tricky But Let See What Arun And Mods Think About....

At least no Newbie with 0 Post should Be Allowed to post directly in The Buy Sell Forum..

Min 100 Posts should be required.

@arun

your take on this??????

Same, a "limit" will add a level of security for the buyers. I am not sure what the limit should be for now, but yes a limit can be applied and we have to decide on what the limit should be.

I think people should make proper queries before-hand... but still if you think it is required then it should not be less than 100 posts... so as to deter non serious wanderers...

100+ posts and 6 months old in the forum!

6 months old in the forum!

i think that will b a bit more strict .......it should only related to posts or atleast a mnth or two old in forum

The buyer is generally the risk taker, so he should have a lesser threshold defined in his favor. For seller, definitely a high number such as 100+ posts + 6 months can be applied.

buyer can even be a non-member for that matter, it is the seller that only matters.....

Yeah, since the seller will sell the item usually after getting money from the buyer, its the buyer who needs protection. However conditions like 100 posts and 6 months for the seller are too harsh in my opinion.

@arun and dkaile

in my opinion both the buyer and seller need protection.....your reason for buyer is good enough but even seller can b duped

now there r other sites also where u can sell ur stuff ......what happens is there are a lot of crooks they see ur ad and ask u to meet to buy ur phone ...( these guys r professional mobile thieves) and they nicely trick u and run with ur phone ......this is happening a lot in mumbai....and i guess they can even hunt out for people in this forum......

Well Mr.Arun And MODS

I Have a Suggestion That People Should Require A Certain Limit to post in Buy/Sell Thread.

Because From a Few Days I Have Been noticing People with Just 1 Post Are Posting To Sell Their Stuff.

This Is In The Safety Of The Forum.I Hope Nobody Should Get Cheated / Get a Bad View About Our Site.

Therefore There should Be A Criteria For a Person 2 Post Buy Or Sell In The Buy/Sell Forum.

I DO Agree That You Have Written in Rules That Buyin/Sellin Is At Out Own Risk...

But Then This Would Be a Good Step.

Thanking You And Sorry If Hurting...

Regards

KooL

has there been default in terms of payment or delievery of the goods/ services.

If i have to notice then it the trend for active members to buy or sell items either new or old...

It may be too hasty to think of restrictions and go about it. Lets just streamline the process for sale by asking for some authrntic information like credit card details or pan number..that can be verified.. like on the lines of what e bay does.

but then also we have to keep in mind that rim web is not a place for serious buyers and sellers.... to indulge in this activity heavily.

we buy and sell as an .. also ran event

Some of our friends here are suggesting for a limit of 50 to 100 posts for new members to post in Buy / Sell Bazaar Forum.

But at the same time I would like to share that their are some sellers / members on the forum who didn't even completed their 30 / 50 posts. But they are quite old at the forum and genuine too.

So, if we set such a high limit then it can be a problem for them.

What you say my dear friends ?

@Mufaddal's suggested problem faced by seller, a simple solution would be take payment in advance, which is usually the norm.

@Kamal's concern, may be a hybrid model for seller, so either (50/100+ posts) OR (6 months on forum + x {a lower number of} posts).

@Mufaddal's suggested problem faced by seller, a simple solution would be take payment in advance, which is usually the norm.

bro how can u take advance ....if u r from mumbai and i call u and tell u i m ready to buy ur device but i need to look at it and so meet me.....then what wud u do.....will u tell me that first give me advance and then i will show u the device?????????

@kamal

what u r saying is also correct.......but then as said this place is not for buying and selling ....its just a part of this forum......the discussion v r doing is to make thiis part of forum safe so that it doesnt become a place for hookers to come in and fool people......so there shud b some restriction based on posts.....and what u r saying about some genuine sellers not completing their posts ....that means they come solely to thsi forum to sell their products........but then if a new member comes in for just selling its never to sure that he will b genuine

to give u an example just a few days back some one had posted about htc g1 for 500 usd .....and he had fooled a lot of people into thinking that he was genuine....until sadikk revealed that he was fake.......

thsi is just my point of view.......u guys know better what is to b done

News? have I missed it or is it going to be under Indian Telecom Discussion or General Chat?

And what about my suggestion about something like "View your posts" link... also would like to see a "View unanswered posts" link...

Also would like to see a more Visible Band across Online Members rather than a discrete one... if possible...

Edited by dkaile

How about having rules for member removal who do not post for longer.