Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

^^^

Ditto.

It will be great my dear Kalpak. Many members here also use GSM services, this will be of great help to all of them.

Regards.

hey jus wanted 2 ask if i can start a song request section.......

as i am music lover n have more than 7gb of good songs varying different forms.....

[the file shall be on some other server not on rimweb]

ASKing for Permission?

Kindly Reply

@DJ KOOL: Are they MP3?

no reply :(

what to do now?

please reply

That would mean no permission for now.

oh... now i understand how to become a raise my rank on RimWeb... Thanks for the info guys..

Dear Arun

Could we place PALM and other topics related to it, under a separate Phone rather it being through Other Handsets?

Just a suggestion...

Edited by dkaile

Can we have a seprate forum for palm like we have lg samsung nokia

I was just going through the variuos posts put by various members. I observed that since there is no dedicated forum for palm many different post related to different subjects have been put to gather in one post. This is leading to confusion and it is making life difficult for palm users to comment and refer the past comments.

Arun

why do i get the see all the replies in the threads like this -

qpjyux.jpg

seems there is a small mistake in one of the php files

wud suggest u to go for vbulletin - http://www.vbulletin.com/

with the growth and traffic u r getting, u can do wonders with vb.

@Nitin, I think all of us except u r viewing the forum correctly, may be there is a problem with ur browser/PC.

And plz don't post twice.

At the top right of Post (If you have the default theme, look in the red bar with post title) there is a Drop down menu "Options", click on it and then select "switch to standard". That should solve your problem of replies as thread.

34qpogy.jpg

And I believe we can do wonders with IPB too :)

thanks puneet

it solved my prob

well i am not used to IPB much

anyways IPB is much easier to hack as compared to vb..anyways u guys are the best judge

thanks for the help

wud suggest u to go for vbulletin - http://www.vbulletin.com/

with the growth and traffic u r getting, u can do wonders with vb.

I use vBulletin in another private forum that I own for more than 2 years now. I would choose IBP any time over vBulletin, especially with the new features expected in IPB 3.0 (due by December 2008). When you say that there "seems there is a small mistake in one of the php files" after seeing the "Outline mode" display feature of IPB, it shows that you do know know much about the "wonders" of IBP yet. Infact the "Outline mode" display feature exists in vBulletin also. So you don't seem to know about all the "wonders" in both.

anyways IPB is much easier to hack as compared to vb..

"hack" as in modification? So isn't that a good thing to use IPB?

no offense meant, if u are happy with IPB, then so be it

i am not a techie myself but yes i actively manage a vb forum too , will send u a pm with the sites name.

The palm community on rimweb is increasing day by day...Hence I urge our moderators to please start a new forum for palm....This would help palm users to interact easily instead of searching for the thread in ÖTHER HANDSETS".....

Thnx...

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

ditto

hey jus wanted 2 ask if i can start a song request section.......

as i am music lover n have more than 7gb of good songs varying different forms.....

[the file shall be on some other server not on rimweb]

ASKing for Permission?

Kindly Reply

same here .......i have a collection of more than 30gb of songs from all genres ( did a DJ course 3 yrs back)......it would b nice to have such a section

Sharing music in a dedicated forum will be treading on the lines of piracy. There are many other forums, or maybe you can upload them somewhere and share the link with friends here through PM, but sharing the links openly will be on lines of piracy.

How about making Kyocera a sub forum (last post 14-01-08) in other handsets and Palm as a main forum?

Arunji why cannot we upload mp4 videos directly on rimweb? It will be helpful members rather than uploading them with other servers & sharing the link.

mp4 files are generally bigger in size, hence please upload them in external servers like www.rapidshare.com or www.megaupload.com

If it really has to be uploaded, please zip them using Winzip and attach them so that the size would be little more lesser.

@arun

though it has been mentioned time and again......what about putting palm as a seperate topic rather tha in other handsets ....also the number of palm users r increasing by the day......when v have seperate topic for htc than y not for palm treos

Edited by mufaddal_km

I think because Palm has not been officially launched with reliance, hence they are reluctant...

what if it is not launched by rim.....how does it matter to us rimwebians