Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
neo_tech

LG Rd2130 Backlight Problem

Hi everybody,

I just got a new LG RD2130 with my post paid offer of reliance. The set is simply GREAT! but theres 1 problem that am facing. when i charge my lg phone(through the normal travel charger) then the backlight remains open for as long as it is getting charged. this happens only when am charging with the set switched ON. when i charge it with the set switched OFF it charges with no problem(ie. with the blacklight switched off).

now isn't this annoying? i mean on 1 side its charging and on the other side its getting discharged coz of the backlight switched ON. also it greatly reduces the life of backlight.

i don't want that i switch off the set each time when i need to charge...as i may miss important calls at that time and also its annoying too ;)

i have to go out of station in 2 days...a quick help woudld be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ok then i'll upgrade the s/w. btw u sure it won't cause any abnormality to my set? i mean bootign problems or any other similar problems? i mean is this updating 100% safe?

Hey for me also smae problem

Do you mean we must go to LG service center and upgrade the phone s/w ?

i just came from the LG service center, they have updated my software and now the backlight is working properly ;)

and rshivk it didn't take 5 mins, but 2 full hrs....they were working in a lazy manner :D

anyways now the problem is sovled.

Doesnt reliance check their pieces for bugs before they hand it over to their costumers?

And to get it corrected they take 2 hours. Thats very baaad ;)

rightly said emmi....and also the lady on the desktop put a scratch on my battery too ;) .

but nothing can be done. this is fault on the LG side...they should have checked all these basic functions.

rightly said emmi....and also the lady on the desktop put a scratch on my battery too  .

but nothing can be done. this is fault on the LG side...they should have checked all these basic functions.

guys please be sure about this when you give your phone for service. this happens every now and then

has anyone got this s/w update done for the LG 2030 model ? i mean i have the same problem with the set ... the backlight remains on during charging when i use the travel charger ... :) and if anybody has got this done, could u tell me the s/w version which u've got it updated to ... thanx

hey ppl !!! try this out ... its a fact that in the older versions of the LG 2030, the backlight remains on during charging when u use the travel charger ... today morning, i was charging my fone and i had to search for some contact ... so i went to names > find > and when i was noting the number the backlight got switched off :lol: ... when i pressed to END button and came to the main screen, the backlight remained on for the usual 10 sec and now its off again ;) ... guys, try it out and tell me if it works on the 2130 model ... :lol:

I am using RD 7130 - noticed that the backlight remains on - if accidentally - the phone is closed - when R world is connected etc and also sometimes with no apparent reasons. In such a case all you need to do is to open and close the phone once - but - yes s/w upgrade is the defimnitive solution.

Hi guys,

I have also upgraded the software for RD 2130 and now the back light problem is solved. :clap: Well, they took only 15 minutes to do the upgrade, though the total setup of LG service centre is not satisfactory. We will feel that we entered into a storage room. :D . Better if anyone planning to upgrade their software for LG handsets call their customer care serivce at 9622000001 and find the nearest service centre details and call the nearest service centre and take have a prior appointment, it will ease the time consumption.

Tata for now guys. ;)

is software upgrade available at ASC?

Hi,

My LG2130 Backlight Stays on while charging..

Is there any way to avoid this...

Thanks Jusmail

I will go to LG Service centre and update s/w when i have time.... :(