Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sklm

Phone Book Transfer @ RWorld

I was able to successfully transfer my phonebook from LG 6130 to Samsung-A563.

From the above posts .. I can make an inference that there is a problem whenever a Nokia phone is involved in the phone transfer.

Samsung and LG work fine.

its a good feature ... tried too..buit the results werent good..i had uploaded my ph book frm n191 to rworld and then dloaded it frm rworld to 6130 75% of my contacts cam e and rest were vanished and those 75% were also not complete some had 1 entgry and some had 2

I've already uploaded my phone book from my N-191 but when I try to get the same downloaded with my RD2030 it fails due to authentication failure ;)

Jus to answer all of you'll one by one...

Recently i had got a LG 6130,upgraded to S/w ver 15. I uploaded the phone book, and tried downloading the same after the upgradation. I wasn't able to do it for 2 whole days. Some network/upgradation issue at RIM end, as usual. After 2 days, i tried again, and i was able to download it. So in case u r facing some problem, it might jus be temporary.

Abt the data loss. If u notice phones like LG 2030, had space for 5 numbers in each entry, whereas LG 6130 has space for only 4nos. in each entry. The missing entry is the FAX number. Maybe thats the data lost while downloading.

There are certain handsets where Downloading is not compatible. And truly speaking u cant come to knw abt it unless you personally try it out.

It was a big surprise for me, when i tried downloading the PhBk on N6235! Worked perfect on 1st try itself! No Loss! :)

wah ©hirag bhaii.........wahhh!!!!!!!!

1st attempt mein.......yahaan to 4-5 baar kar li to bhi poori nahin huii.....aur my enteries were mostly 2 per entry

Hi guys followings are my conversation with reliance customer care (*333):

Me: I have uploaded phone book from my previous phone to R World. When I am trying to download it to my new phone It is giving error. I cannot download phone book from R world to my phone.

CC: Please tell your previous set number , new set number and error message you are getting.

Me: Previous set number Samsung N191, New Set Number Nokia 3125 , error message “Unable to process request”.

CC: Please hold on I will consuls technical team and let you know.

After 40 sec.

CC: We have some technical problem. You will be able to download it after 17th of November. Thank you for using reliance .

So again they have given a date. Let me wait. Same thing is happening for last 3 months.

I was given a similar reply for the LG 6130, the date given to me was 14th Nov. I tried after 2 days of lodging the complaint, and it worked. So keep trying, raktim!

Now they have vanished the menu phone book download in Nokia 3125. They are playing safely. Now no one cannot say facility is not working . They will answer that option is not there so how can you download. Good policy. Keep it up.

the menu has been removed from all mobiles i think as i cannot see it in samsung n 191 also

Yeh, theres only Upload Available! No Download!! Weird!

This option is taken back by the reliance due to some technical difficulty. Because in some handsets model this option did not get success. We hope, we will find this option again, this time more portable than before.

Thanks and Take Care!

The actual problem comes with different phonebook capacity of different mobiles and different entries (like some have fax and pager entry also) and this leads to greater difficulty while copying phonebook when upgrading mobiles I also faced difculty in changing mobile from lg2030 to samsung 191 only half of phonebook got downloaded and the phonebook of samsung became full

Now they have to find a solution to this

because all handsets dosent hav multiple no entries per name in single memory slot like nokias & somehow Lg Till now samsung dosent provide this facilities nor lg's previous model.this problems generally arise when u change d type of no. in nokia & these no r not copied to other phonebook after download only default no. r copied.As far i remember.

I don't they really want to solve the problem. 6 month is more than enogh to solve any technical problem. they are only busy with getting new customer not retaining old.

The problem is big because of structure different of different handsets. But phone book transfer option is available in my LG RD 5130. What others i can't say. Just check More Service -> Tools and Phone Book Transfer.

Thanks and Take Care!

Today Phone Book Transfer option rearise on my phone,unavalable for some days But only uploading working not downloading (unable to process request) very weird problem it was there previously also.I was successful in downloading In starting stage only after that it doesn't work for me.

U will face this problem until reliance not found some good solution. But it is good to see that reliance guys are trying to correct the error or bug of this application. Lets see what they do. Wait and Watch.

Thanks and Take Care!

It worked previously for nokia to nokia transfer but not presently I think reliance guys lost there previous programming & coding. :clap:

Hi

Phone book downlad is working for nokia 3125. I have got all my numbers which i uploaded from my previous set (samsung N191). Great job done reliance.

Raktim ;)

but not available on Nokia 6235

working on 6255 was not working for a few days!