Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Best Download Manager?

Which is best download manager? i am using gozilla but it fails sometimes.

Can anybody give the URL to d/l download accelerator?

try Internet download Manager -IDM...absolute work-horse...if ur on a download spree this is gonna be handy

it integrates well with all browsers...might need a small adapter for firefox(which it will download by itself)

DAP is pretty good...was using it for a long time...problem is, its ad-sponsered...it kinda "calls back home" to speedbit.com and report stuff about us...something like that...infact, a lotta anti-spyware appz identify DAP as an ad-ware prog fit to be removed...

besides, even the cracked 'premium' versions of DAP do NOT support the "always resume" function...this s**ks. esp when if u got a looong download Q

Flashget and Getright and pretty good too...

give'em a try...see which one u like

I've been using DAP for a long time now...I like the interface of DAP7 a lot. It's quite an improvement from its previous dry versions.

I had Go!Zilla before, but I dumped it for DAP because it occupied too much memory and was rather slow.

Never tried Flashget and Getright.

I use FlashGET. Never needed anything else.

Its got support for downloading all the links on the page,

And shows a graphical view of your downloads and loads of other features.

FlashGET, Getright and Internet Download Manager have a run of the mill look. I know looks aren't everything, still, if what you look at isn't nice...

What I like about FlashGET is that it supports MMS and RTSP.

I have been using DAP as well for a long time and i am quite happy with its performance

Well I have been using DAP for a long time I have used gozilla and getright but i like DAP the best it has resume option and you can download many files at the same time and till date have found no problem with it

flashget rules.

Its long now that I am stuck with Flashget, as in my view its the best download manager I would prefer.

It has most of options that one would demand and works fast enough.

Flashget is No. 1

:D;):clap:

i am using star downloader. It seems very good for me. And i am using it for last two yrs i think. It works perfectly at 90% success.

Sorry friends. I forgot the url. U search and find this soft. There is no ads and it is free.

it breaks the file as more number of parts (4 parts is default) and download all parts simultaneously. So we can download bigg files quickly.

try to search by the word Star Downloader. Make comments abt it if u use it...

Flashget is a cool software. I have used Gozilla and DAP earlier. DAP installs lot of adware and spyware on your PC so beware! I use the shutdown on download feature of Flashget when I intend to download large files.

DAP is the best.

and in case of ads i hv a registered (u can say it cracked) version of it.

so there r no ads.

it rockz.

DAP is the best.

so there r no ads.

it rockz.

17014[/snapback]

Vishal I suggest you use "Spybot Search and destroy" to check whether the adware entries are still there in registry, coz these send your information outside your comp. and is one of the reason behind spams.

Even I did have a "Registered" Version of DAP.

i think i'll just ditto nagpai....cant really add much to that....altho we dont "see" the ad banners in the cracked 'premium' versions, stuffs running in ur machine, behind ur back vishal

not ONLY spybot s&d, but other anti-syware appz too say that DAP is a certified adware

I've downloaded a movie Fahrenheit9/11 recently with DAP in the Zip format. DAP downloads the file in splits and rejoins them after download. When I try unzipping the file winZip gives this error.

Error.gif

While other Zip file managers (I have ZipITfast2.0) give broken part of the .avi file as an output which can't be run on any media player.

Pls help.

i Too am a user of DAP and have never got any probs with it yet and for ads i used spybot and ads are vanished

the file u have downloaded is named 911part1.zip.

theres a DOT after the zip

rename the file without the DOT after the zip like this

911part1.zip

now unzip & see what happens.

also try unzipping it with winarar instead.

I've downloaded a movie Fahrenheit9/11 recently with DAP in the Zip format. DAP downloads the file in splits and rejoins them after download. When I try unzipping the file winZip gives this error.

Error.gif

While other Zip file managers (I have ZipITfast2.0) give broken part of the .avi file as an output which can't be run on any media player.

Pls help.

17045[/snapback]

yes, even after registering DAP ur adware stuff does not go. everytime i restart my comp sypbot searches & finds DAP entries (adware)

ive just downloaded Go!Zilla.

lets see how it does. good thing is that it can copy links from the clipboard. & it works with opera as well.

DAP is the best.

so there r no ads.

it rockz.

17014[/snapback]

Vishal I suggest you use "Spybot Search and destroy" to check whether the adware entries are still there in registry, coz these send your information outside your comp. and is one of the reason behind spams.

Even I did have a "Registered" Version of DAP.

17016[/snapback]

I am using DAP for a long time well full cracked version and have no problem with it I use ad aware se to check for malwares etc but it never found DAP as an adware I am surprised to listen that it is an adware

the file u have downloaded is named 911part1.zip. theres a DOT after the zip

rename the file without the DOT after the zip like this 911part1.zip now unzip & see what happens. also try unzipping it with winarar instead.

no my dear hyPer! There is no second DOT :) after the filename. Will try WINRar later and will tell u then.

Utsav, u can use 7-zip.

Its a gr8 s/w.

it also supports rpm and other extensions along with zip, cab, rar, etc.

Most of the times it opens files that winzip and winRAR tell currupted.

so pls use it.

I am surprised to listen that it is an adware

yes shaboo, i was shocked at first too...but its a fact - DAP is adware.

funny thing is, a lot of Antispyware appz r considered adware/malware by other anti adware/spyware programs..!! they call these "Rogue" Anti-sypware..aggressive marketing, high false positives and so on...Xoftspy is a prime example of 'Rogue' antispyware

check out the

List of "Rogue" Anti-spyware appz

Error.gif

utsav, all is not lost...i had a similar kind of problem with zip file sometime ago...

as u kno, the files r split and then joined right - ONLY ONE of them is probably corrupt.... and u wont be needing to d/l the WHOLE thing again...JUST the corrupted piece.

now, to find the corrupted piece - what does the "view output" report say ? does it say about WHICH piece is bad?

if not, there should be some kinda error report logged in the DAP directory(which is automatically prepared when such a problem occurs)...try to find it...

when i had a similar problem with IDM, i wrote an email to the support fellows there - they asked me to send the error report and i did... their solution was this - IDM stores the individual(split) pieces in a folder rite? i had to delete just ONE of the many split pieces in there and then resume download...it worked, and i had a working zipfile without an entire re-download

WRITE TO THE DAP support e-mail id...these people actually respond well to customer questions...and they w'd tell u which piece to delete...r some other way out, im sure. (and yes, my IDM was a cracked version too...they still responded)

its worth a try...

What about the integrated download manager coming with firefox?