Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolrajiv

Dot Rings Mobile Number Portability

Mobile Number portability will take of from Karnataka circle starting Nov 8th we will keep you posted more info as and when we get the details but one thing is sure its going to start from Nov 8th .

List of operators and dates when it will be implemented

Nov 8th -Airtel ,Videocon ,Loop

Nov 11th –Aircel Uninor Rcom GSM ,Tata Docomo

Nov 14th BSNL ,MTS,Idea BSNL CDMA

Nov 17th Vodafone ,Rcom CDMA,Tata indicom

Source : http://telecomtalk.info/

Good Info :Sorprendido:

Could not understand why its starting from Karnataka first.

Edited by phonegeek

I am still having doubt that this would really happen.

How can the praja gets this when the RAJA is seating there ?

Great news. I'm waiting......

For a new person, it is like :Sorprendido:

For an experienced person (in telecom) it is :rofl_200: MNP ko mazak bana ke rakha hain...

Lets wait for other circle tooo........

Good news :Sorprendido:

chalo kahin se to shuruat hui. hopefully if this really happen, we can see MNP implemented everywhere by mid of next year!

Actually there is no Loop and Videocon in Karnataka....so how can they start on Nov 8th?!

They(Loop&Videocon) might have already soft launched the service in Karnataka

Edited by kesav

It might be like which ever operators are there in karnataka will follow the MNP according to the date....

only thing we can do is just wait and watch again..............

Finally some good moves..............signthankspin.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

But more clarifications needed............

what sense it make to keep differnce of 10 days?

:previous:

So that they can think of new reason to delay MNP further... :rofl_200:

Call me a pessimist or anything.. But, still now I dont have my hopes too high regarding MNP implementation..

I guess MNP will operational pan India only by the year end :( hope the process will be a smooth one.

It was reported that there would be two portability zones in India. Can anybody throw some light on this?

Which zone West Bengal will be in? And what will be the process? How much time will it take for the switch over? What will be the application procedure? Will there be a full-fledged online application platform for the subscribers? TRAI should introduce one such thing. Otherwise there is a possibility that a subscriber will get cold shoulder when he/she will approach his/her parent service provider with an application that he/she no longer wants to continue. This will be a very big problem in near future.

Heard that MTNL is now delaying it. Apparently TRAI has 'ordered' that all must be online by December 20 (hopefully) 2010.

Der aaye durust aaye.

I will love to get rid of my BSNL pronto, and maybe think about Reliance later.

As per news runing on TN local channel, Telcom Minister A. Raja says MNP will be implemented in the 1st week of November.

:Riendo::Riendo::Riendo:

• Like 1

Number portability put off once again :Equivocado:

Communications Minister A Raja’s promise to let people switch their mobile service operators while retaining their telephone number has got delayed once again — the deadline for the implementation of mobile number portability has been postponed from October 31 to December 20.

This is the third postponement in less than a year. Mobile number portability was first expected to kick off on December 31, 2009 in the metros and category-A circles, and on April 1, 2010 in the rest of the country.

The official reasons for the delay sound familiar. One, the service operators are not ready, though several of them are working overtime to launch third-generation services by Diwali. Two, the investment proposal of the overseas partner of one of the two companies mandated to implement portability has not yet been cleared by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB).

The Department of Telecommunications had given licences to two companies: Syniverse Technologies and MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions which is a 74-26 joint venture between US-based Telcordia and Deepak Talwar Consultants. In March 2009, Telcordia had received FIPB's approval. But the Ministry of Home Affairs subsequently proposed to revoke the approval, citing security concerns as Telcordia had signed a contract with Pakistan MNP Database for implementing mobile number portability there. Further, Deepak Talwar Consultants had no expertise in running a telecommunication network. FIPB had thus revoked its clearance given to the company. But it again applied for permission; FIPB has deferred the proposal.

Meanwhile, the Department of Telecommunications has asked Syniverse Technologies to get ready for mobile number portability across the country.

Source:

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/number-portability-put-off-once-again/412527/

:previous:

I've come across the above article but it looks to be not true. May be some sort of paid campaign by vested interests.

I feel we can trust what our communication minister has told(MNP by first week of November) today instead of above article which has malicious intent.

Edited by kesav

Aur ek mahina hi sahi. Np, I'm waiting. So are all other members here.

Just checked the DOT Website. No info there under MNP annoucements for delay to December. May be they will update late. This MNP Drama has all the elements of Epic Mahabharat!! But October end implementation sure looks unlikely as DOT has not still asked officially the other MNP implementing company to manage it all across the country till now and we are already on 25-10-2010.