Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
yokel

Echo Problem

hi guys,

I recently bought LG RD2130 and got Joy 149. The problem is that from the day i have bought the phone some of my friends who are calling me or ppl whom i am calling to are complaining about echo from their side..i.e i don't have any problem but the ppl on the other side are hearing whatever they are speaking, again. This is happening with my Landine BSNL and other BSNL no's and also with RIM's..My dad has RD2030..and its working fine with all these numbers..

Is this a problem with the handset.?Do I need to get the handset checked..??Other RIM's are working fine in the area's i'm in..contacted customercare ..but they couldn't find suitable answer..

Best Regards,

Yokel.

I too have had an ECHO problem sometimes on my RD2030. Never found a way out of it though. Definitely there is a problem with the handset. Coz it happens sometimes only.

Hi!

just the lower the sound of the speaker, if the the sound of the speaker is high what happens is the same sound what u r speaking enters through the mic. and is heard giving a echo effect

I also having the same problem with RD2130, but not with handset only when I use handsfree (headset). Ppl tell me that your voice is coming as you in a hole! :clap: But when I use handset to talk, that prob never came up. Its true that if you reduce the ear volume while talking on handset, the echo prob can be solved upto a limit.

Even i faced this problem.But when i call some other reliance mobile through my reliance , i also get a lot of noise are these corelated??

Sometimes when i call, the recipients sound is heard wierdly..

But when i disconnect and redial, it is ok :clap:

hi,

I got the handset checked by LG service center..they updated the software and said i will not face any prbs..the handset is working fine now than before...but the echo prb is not completely gone..it has been reduced by a great extent..i'm facing this prb only 1 out of 10 calls and that too only for a short period during the call.

hmm..hav to reduce the speaker volume and see..thx guys for the suggestions..

Regards,

Yokel

Even I face it on RD 7130. One thing about garbled sounds is the ring too will be so - esp with land line. So if the ring is not clear - immediately disconnect and reconnect. Hope that helps some ..

Guys, :(

Everybody wrote their problem, now we should find some way to correct this handset problem may be by informing LG ro Reliance representative ( :ph34r: ).

Otherwise we all have to :)

My LG RD 2030 echoes to caller on other side. I heard it from many friends, but experienced it myself. Where could be the problem? it is with handset? or network?

Pleaes help.

-prakash

just the lower the sound of the speaker, if the the sound of the speaker is high what happens is the same sound what u r speaking enters through the mic. and is heard giving a echo effect

I've tried this in the middle of a call, whenver i get an ECHO back or when the other party says tht they r getting an ECHO. It helped quite a bit!

I'v always had this problem of echo and voice clarity ...but mainly with other Reliance phones only! I even got the phone checked by the service centre ...as Reliance told me its a handsent problem ...and when I went to the service centre, they told me its a Reliance network problem ...nothing wrong with your handset! Wonderful game of pass the buck! :help:

And now one more new problem - whenever I use the handsfree, the person at the other end starts complaining that hes hearing clicking sounds and my voice cracks intermittently. Guess I'll have to visit the damn service centre again now... :wacko:

i also have problem of clarity on my 2030 and also i faced this problem in fwp too

the voice is not sharp enough and sometimes its noisy

i think its because , some one told me , reliance is managing the enitre phone service through internet. means our call reaches other person through internet and i face this problem more in rim to rim than with rim to other network.

Sometimes when i call, the recipients sound is heard wierdly..

But when i disconnect and redial, it is ok :)

Why dont u re-dial the first time itself. so easy.... isnt it? :P

i think its because , some one told me , reliance is managing the enitre phone service through internet. means our call reaches other person through internet and i face this problem more in rim to rim than with rim to other network.

That hardly seems likely ...main thing is that if that were so there would generally be a discernable lag ...which isn't there...

Reduce the earpiece volume that should solve the problem.

Reducing the volume dosen't seem to make any difference on my handset ...in any case I always keep it on the lowest notch. RIM is also advising that one should disable the "Clear Voice" option from the menu. This dosent seem to make any difference either! :P

Check out for Network ISSUES in your area.

And how does one check for these network issues??? If you mean complaining to the helpdesk, I have already done that many times! Luckily for me, the voice clarity using the handset is an issue only with other RIMs ...and very, very few people I have to call are on a RIM ...so for now I have just overlooked it... ;)

And as I had mentioned, I had taken the handset to the LG service station too ...they completey denied that there is any problem with the handset ...blame it on the Reliance network they implied! :(

However the problem while using the handsfree continues with calls from any network ...guess will have to go to the service centre again for that. :angry:

loud echo is heard on other end when anyone calls me from any other service provider.This problem is coming eveyday.Impossible to talk with friend with same handset.

What to do?

Lower the speaker volume in your handset. If u are using a plastic cover for the handset, try talking without the cover. Let us know if you find any difference.

I face the same problem when calling using India calling card

loud echo is heard on other end when anyone calls me from any other service provider.This problem is coming eveyday.Impossible to talk with friend with same handset.

What to do?

31302[/snapback]

I am suffering with this echo problem in my relatives phone LG 2230 for past one month. I asked Reliance CC, LG service centre and reduced the speaker volume but of no use. Yesterday I found that it is bcoz of the plastic cover used in the cell phone. Either remove the cover or use proper holes in the plastic cover above the mic and speaker portion. Now it works finely.

Hey Guys,

The echo problem has nothing to do with the network...

It is the handset.... rather the way you hold the handset...

If the small opening from where your voice reaches the mike, touches your cheek (is covered), the person on the other side of the call will experience echo (will hear his own voice coming back to him).......

So if the other person on the call complains about echo..... just keep the lower end of your phone a lil away from your cheek (don't touch it to your cheek)........ That's it !

Try it... It works........ :clap:

Bobs

Thanks for this great description! It may be helpful for some one. But i did not face this type problem in my handsets 2030. I think i m lucky.

Thanks and Take Care!