Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pjthevj

Choispad 110 / NETWAY

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST

This thread contains the review of Choispad 110 but it in no way favours or disapproves the product. The review is based on only my opinion and may or may not be exactly same as the product i'm using.

There are a lot of things that i've still not explored and reader discretion is advised regarding the contents of the posts and the actual product.

the review is in no way official by any agency.

CHOISPAD 110: INTRODUCTION

Choispad 110 has been put up by the infocomm people in my house in the 3rd week of May. Basically the development work is being done by innomedia technologies and the implementation and the field work is done by reliance infocomm.

Before installation the following things were done…. Optical fibers were laid up to my building and a white colored box was put outside the house in which the fibers went. The house was then wired from inside (and the whole thing connected to the white box outside) where in RJ45 connections were given at several places to plug the Choispad and the computer. The Choispad is then connected to one of these ports and to the AV mode of the TV. as such there is now no need for the coaxial cables now as the Choispad also shows TV channels.

Coming up soon: External looks and features of Choispad 110

Choispad 110 is a new and improved version of the Choispad 101. There was no external difference between Choispad 100 and choispad101 but Choispad 110 is completely new and different.

LOOKS: Choispad 110 mainly consists of 4 parts:

1. Choispad: this is less than half the size of previous Choispad. Its has got a moulded plastic body which is sleek and good to look. The color is black. Front panel contains a smart card slot, 2 lights( one for network and one for standby mode/remote sensor). The back side contains – audio in, audio out, video out, component video, digital audio, serial port, parallel port, plug for choisfone, charge point for choiser, Ethernet RJ45 plug, Choispower connection.

2. Choispower: this is a separate unit which goes into the 230V ac supply and the other end goes in the choispad perhaps after conversion to DC. It has got a reset button and also provides a 15 minute UPS backup. :)

3. Choiser: this the remote control of the Choispad. Though it needs to be charged (frustrating thing is that this charge remains for a very little time- about 15 mins :unsure: - and one need to charge the remote very frequently). A good alternative is use the choisfone. Now the choiser is a remote control panel where we have the arrow keys, ok button, back, tab, delete, shift, symbols, a-z and 0-9, home, start, volume control, page control and a few more. The good thing is that there is a LCD panel with a 4 line display at the bottom where u can see what u have typed :blink: . At the back side of the remote is a button which has the function of a mouse ball (it’s a button not a ball tough). This helps while surfing the net.

4. Choisfone: this is exactly same as the choiser except a few differences. This is a phone. U can actually call the people those are connected to the netway network (this is the case now). It has got a speaker and a mic. Call and mute buttons etc. But the catch is that it is connected to the choispad by a wire ( abt 4-5 mtrs). Even this has got a LCD panel and all the buttons present in choiser. Theres a strap at the back of the choiser and the choisfone so that it remains intact in ur hand.

Nice Review...

It would be nice if you could get its pic somehow :)

some one really nice gave me this doc. read it guys to know whats in store for India's future!!! believe me there is a lot of stuff mentioned that is already operational.....and hold ur breath for more as mentioned in the document.

netway.doc

Thanks setu, but isn't there only one picture ? You can post the next pic as a seperate post by replying. I hope you can explain what all are shown too. Were the photos taken by you ?

Looks great.

Really informative Setu. Please let us know any changes or glitches that u go through

pjthevj & setu_garg,

This thing looks really exciting

would love to know more about the services offered :

Broadcast TV (with recording facility on the Choispad) - how is the quaity of the

broadast as compared to the digital broacast done by satellite TVs ?

Video on demand - how is the quality ? Is thie viewing limited only to the TV or can the Choispad be connected to a PC also ?

Internet Browsing - any idea on what browser is used here. I've heard that most sites would look clumsy on TV based browsers. does it also support Flash, Java etc ?

VoIP using the Choisphone (is to be used only to call other Choisphones or can it also be used to make international ILD VoIP calls ?)

can you use it to Read CD ROMs .... also can you install CD based games & other applications on the Choispad ?

What about userid / password ? Do you have to authenticate yourself before you start using the services ?

awaiting your response ...

how costly is all this and how soon will it be available in all parts of the country?

Sorry for replying so late...

Thanks setu, but isn't there only one picture ? You can post the next pic as a seperate post by replying.

Actually, they were two pictures. I joined them together and then uploaded.
I hope you can explain what all are shown too.

I suppose the top picture is self explainatory. It shows the choisepad and the choiser. The botton one is a screen shot of the netway screen.

here are 2 pics...

11998[/snapback]

IS THAT how the future Looks..

now . finaly . there is a tommorow to look foward too

aHH>> finaly E COMA is going to be a pleasure

Wat say PpL?

ºº¿ºº

There is one above all Who can do anything! That is you.

personally i thought it looked hideous, maybe i'll hide it behind my tv or vcr ...

i would have preferred a slimmer/sleeker look and not that monstrosity of a remote!

hope the speed is great.

personally i thought it looked hideous, maybe i'll hide it behind my tv or vcr ...

i would have preferred a slimmer/sleeker look and not that monstrosity of a remote!

hope the speed is great.

15143[/snapback]

hideous??? believe me, the gadget looks sleek and cool. Get it and it will soon become your neighbour's envy ;-)

Hi

Hey is it launched anywhere in India .. and how do we get this ? thru ww... thats wont be worth ...they dont kow about the phone itself .. what will they know of ips and configs ?

Please post reply if they have started anywhere in india ...and is it ww doing there or some seperate agency ? i need more info on who is actually delivering it to costomers door step .

rgds

vaman

pjthevj, can you tell us about your experience with netway and performance like dload speeds, quality of video and on demand content..

also could you post some screenshots.

i dont think the pics were taken by setu_garg.. a slightly bigger version of the pictures is there on an article on the net.

Folks - wait for teh more exciting features which will be out shortly with the CHOISpad. Features will in with respect to usability & value added services

The work has begun today to install the wiring in my apt for netway!

Can't wait to join the exclusive club.

But don't ask me any questions yet, i'll be able to comment after a week or so...

:)

The work has begun today to install the wiring in my apt for netway!

Can't wait to join the exclusive club.

But don't ask me any questions yet, i'll be able to comment after a week or so...

;)

23483[/snapback]

You lucky man! :clap:

has netway launched in your town? how is the experience.. Heard that there are seperate charges for each download of movies.. in the range Rs 50 onwards

no clue about charges yet but i just moved to a new complex and its part of the 'trial region' in the suburbs

bottom line is FREE installation which is a big deal since it will take 3 people 2 days of drilling/cutting to install the wiring inside

the external wiring was already in place about 3-6 months ago