Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

New numbering scheme Expected in a Month

well thats actually *288 which will take ur phone to the activation procedure...of course if ur phone is deactivated at the first place. other wise it gives an error message. generally u get ur phone activated when u got some number prob or n/w related prob n the *333 gal deactivates ur phone n asks u to dial *288

No i know *228 is for activation..

But i was given some other no to dial before (i think) dialling *228

I dialed *448 or was it *448 anyways the call connected & then disconnected. Few minutes later i got a message for 2811 saying "Dear Customer, The number change is alread done on this phone"

Wazzat!

Yeps, u guys r correct... This no. was for RIM No. change in the months before August-Sept. I was also given these nos. for manually changing the no. via SMS. But this was discontinued, coz RIM didn't want ppl to frantically change nos. themselves n no. of times. And hence now u've got to visit RWW for this service. Anyways, pls end this discussion! :clap: we were talking abt NEW NUMBERING SCHEME here :clap:

Expect the numbering scheme of reliance upgraded to 10 digit starting with 93.

Much more,

Loyalty bonus for prompt payers,

Conversion of postpaid to prepaid,

Lower entry schemes. :):):P:blink:

great news greens !!

cheers !!

Loyalty Bonus!! :)

Would they give this to people who had problems in paying due to their incorrect bills :):P

R u sure that RIM nos. r gonna change to 10 digits???

It is really very sad news. But one thing is okay that ppl. will automatically come to know about the start no. that is 93, so no need to inform e.bdy abt that.

-_-

Well if u read the posts from Page1 of this thread, u'll know tht the nos. would completely change now! ;) u cant jus add a 93 before an existing no.! Coz my Rel no. cud be the same as some other Rel no. in another city! :) Sopes, the entire no. would change.. Now, how well they do it is quite a question. But i guess they'd follow BSNL's numbering scheme for the first 5 digits of the new no., but the next 5 digits u get is ur pure luck now! hopefully they shud retain the old nos. last 5 digits atleast!

For sure it's going to change.

So anyone can guess how it's going to be done.

For the first right prediction I offer a special gift.

93 will be the starting numbers all over India.

The questions is how reliance is going to change them effectively with little confusion and at the same time existing users can retain atleast some of their numbers in sequence.

Waiting for the right guess!!!!!!!!!

Tata Tele to switch to 10-digit mobile number from June

PTI[ MONDAY, MAY 31, 2004 05:31:08 PM ]

NEW DELHI: The erstwhile WLL mobile users of Tata Teleservices will get 10-digit number with effect from June 4 to begin with Andhra Pradesh followed by Karnataka and in other circles in the subsequent week.

"For our AP circle, the change to the 10-digit number will start from June 4 or June 3 mid-night while for Karnataka circle, the changeover will be from June 7 midnight or June, 8," Amit Bose, president, telecom, Tata Teleservices told here.

For the remaining circles, the changeover to the 10-digit numbering will happen by June 15, he said. Tata Teleservices and Reliance Infocomm were earlier asked by the Department of Telecom to switch over to a 10-digit number from the current eight digit number by March 31, 2004 but due to operational glitches, this was not possible.

All operational glitches including agreement with BSNL have been reached for the smooth switchover, Bose said.

In December last year, in a letter to the then secretary, DoT, Vinod Vaish, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India had recommended 10-digit numbers as a follow-up of the unified access services licence migration.

TTSL and Reliance had migrated to the Unified licensing regime. Other regional players who had switched over will also have new 10-digit numbers.

TRAI, in its letter, had stated that numbering scheme for full mobility, provided by the existing basic telecom operators who have migrated to Unified Access Service Licence should be at the same level as that of GSM operators. The numbering of GSM players start with 98.

When's RIM doing this!

:confuse: So now RIM no. r also gonna be 10 digit???

Hey can some one give any idea wat will be nos like??

93xxxxxxxx ???? & frm when it is gonna start? only u have to add 93 before ur no. or any other no. ??

So, if Rel also changes the number to 10 digits, then do I have to inform everyone of my changed number? ...... Or Rel will automatically forward all my calls to the new 10 digit number?

So, if Rel also changes the number to 10 digits, then do I have to inform everyone of my changed number? ...... Or Rel will automatically forward all my calls to the new 10 digit number?

it will b as follows,

93##******

## will b the city code and then the no.

for delhi it'll be 9311****** similarly mumbai 9322****** and rest the no.

i think ****** will follow some definate pattern and i think there will b some ad's in the newspaper informing the same like we saw when 2 was added to mtnl and bsnl no's. it may b possible that in the initial period calls will b automatically forwarded.

what about the guys in cites with 3 digit STD codes? for eg, 471 for trivandrum?

my no now is 4713125561. So with the 10 digit scheme, will it become 934713125561 ? But thats 12 digits isnt it? :confuse:

Aman was correct when he said that 93##******. Refer the BSNL numbering scheme, coz tht is the closest match for the new Reliance numbering scheme.

Ur phone no. maynot contain the complete area code i.e. 471 and maybe the rest of the digits will also completely change! Wait n watch!

Oh ! this is really bad tht they r changing the numbers !

Its quite good for me :confuse: Atlast lesser ppl will keep bothering me!!

This rumour was going on for some time but nothing happened hope it was just a rumour.And more over i think there are some rules for numbering for cdma or wll phones bcos both reliance and tata use std code + phone no just like bsnl phones unlike gsm phones. I hope i'm right.

what about the guys in cites with 3 digit STD codes? for eg, 471 for trivandrum?

my no now is 4713125561. So with the 10 digit scheme, will it become 934713125561 ? But thats 12 digits isnt it

?

this was a confusion when i wrote the earlier post too.

hope this would b clarified within few days as tata will b changing its no's and we'll know about it.

guys tata indicomm has just given an ad today saying that its new numbering will be in effect from 4th of june The numbers which previously used to be 040-5610XXXXX Will now be 924630XXXX ITS a very complex numbering system for all the various combinations. wonder how complex the reliance numbering will be given its huge customer base.

guts i have found a new thing, the ril 93 series has somewhat been started, today i tried dialling some ril no. with 9311 and the call got transferred to the ril network though the call didint got completed as i dont know the exact numbering scheme i even tried 9311333333 i thought it as the customer care no though it didnt function

:D

I have contected Customer Care n RWW but there was no indication that they r going for 10 digit no.??? don no this is still a rumor or they r gonna chage soon?

guts i have found a new thing, the ril 93 series has somewhat been started, today i tried dialling some ril no. with 9311 and the call got transferred to the ril network though the call didint got completed as i dont know the exact numbering scheme i even tried 9311333333 i thought it as the customer care no though it didnt function

my guess is that cust care should be:

93333-33333

in the new system when its activated

Did u hear that ?

Reliance is now changing over to new number series. numbers will be similar to other operators . we are getting a 93 series of number . don t know when its happening ? i hope after this sms goes to bsnl and 8888 services . i miss those wonderful services of indiatimes.com

Vaman

hey ppl... my friend has a tata indicom ... he sent me a msg now saying that his number is going to change from tomorrow ... it was 56134522 and now its going to be 9282134522 :clap: so we can soon expect our nos to change !!!