Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Bsnl Launched Ev-do

In my experiance Ev-DO speed depends upon distance between head-end and dead-end

In my experiance Ev-DO speed depends upon distance between head-end and dead-end

is this true? ( :mellow: and what do you mean by head end and dead end :confuse: )

now it seems the ev do card prices have come down to 2800/- in maharashtra.

activation-250, 150 for rental if taken on rent. but the plans were not given by the call center employeee... again who did not had it!!!

un aware about the speeds as well...

Edited by copperco2

i have tried to get my hands on the evdo availability in maharashtra. but i could not get the list.

those lists which are avalable are not at all adequate and not updated as well. Can you believe one of the list widely circulated as the exhaustive guide to the bsnl evdo coverage does not include Maharashtra!!!!

can anybody put some light on this...

i can make do with locational coverage in maharashtra....

I found it to be of 'some help'- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Nagpur/...how/2252118.cms

Edited by copperco2

I am currently using BSNL DATAONE Broadband. Is EVDO Faster than this ???

EVDO is very Unreliable they have pushed / Upgraded very less BTS for EVDO just wait and watch

EVDO Broadband launched yesterday in Meerut. They are promising 144Kbps speed and unlimited broadband package at Rs. 250/- per month via USB EVDO adapter/modem (as per local newspaper report). Its pathetic, 144kbps is actually 1x speed and not EVDO, but thats what they have advertised, but the price seems lucrative, 250/- for unlimited...

Now I have to ask feedback from anybody who has used BSNL EVDO Broadband to actually assess their quality... If anybody could provide more information....

Edited by dkaile

^^^^

Thats what I am saying...

In Gujarat BSNL Evdo claim for 2mbps speed like wire broadband

^^^ the connection which you are saying vijay, is for rental of 550/pm..!! i am also planning to buy the one mentioned by you... bsnl claims 2mbps... i havent got any reviews though... ill be visiting the bsnl office tomo and find out..!! the modem for outright purchase is rs. 3,500..

@Gretest

3500/- for purchase new card

500/-installation

1000/-deposite

Total 5000/-

Sorry, I forgot to write my comments about EVDO card, which I ma using since last 2 months.

Place of usage: Ahmedabad

Satisfaction level : Dissatisfied

Reason: Highly Inconsistent speed

Through put: 300 - 1200 kbps

But speed drops to even 5 kbps when all stock market BULLS LOGS ON.

Sorry, I forgot to write my comments about EVDO card, which I ma using since last 2 months.

That means - it is good for downloading - but surfing may be a bad experience at times ( or most of the times :NOTriste: ).

In Nashik they have Installed EVDO Card in BTS which is on BSNL Exchange Land All Contracted BTS or Rental BTS dont have EVDO Card for Service. from 18 Exchanges they have Installed EVDO only on 7 BTS Owned by BSNL

Service is Very BAD, Wasted Rs. 550 as dont catch Network at Home and also in 1 Floor office dont catch Network and my Cabin Located at Third floor catches mere 1 Bar. I am going to allow 15 days more or else do a willfull Default by Not Returning rental Card and Not Paying All Pending Bills.

Everyone unsatisfied with EvDO!!!!

Dont forget one thing, You are getting unlimited data from BSNL for just 550 pm

unlimited 1x service for 250 pm!

What are the tariffs of other service providers?

I am satisfied even though speed are not consistent. I have both EvDO and 1x connections

If you are a download freak there is only one economical option

Everyone unsatisfied with EvDO!!!!

Dont forget one thing, You are getting unlimited data from BSNL for just 550 pm

unlimited 1x service for 250 pm!

What are the tariffs of other service providers?

I am satisfied even though speed are not consistent. I have both EvDO and 1x connections

If you are a download freak there is only one economical option

Its Unlimited only when u get the Range i get the range only about for 10% time!!!

no more 'scraps' on this topic since sep? what happen... Is anyone now using BSNL EV-DO, and would like to share their experiences??

Does anyone know if the USB EVDO modem supplied by BSNL only has RUIM support, in other words the SIM/RUIM is programmed by BSNL. Or can it work without the SIM/RUIM card as well so that the phone memory is programmed with the PRL parameters?

Does anyone know if the USB EVDO modem supplied by BSNL only has RUIM support, in other words the SIM/RUIM is programmed by BSNL. Or can it work without the SIM/RUIM card as well so that the phone memory is programmed with the PRL parameters?

I have been using BSNL EVDO service for last 2 months and it ****s...

speeds are pathetic....

I live only 1.5 kms from their EVDO enabled tower..

Please note the RUIM slot in EVDO cards issued to BSNL after October 2008 DONOT HAVE RUIM AVAILABILITY

There is no way to enable ruim even after USING QPST and CDMA Workshop...

The only option left is to Flash it with older Firmware...

Hi All,

I am using BSNL EV-DO data card in Gurgaon and it works just fine for me , I am able to get 500 kbps average speed using it and My home is around 1-1.5 KM away from BSNL WLL/EVDO tower and the ZTE modem is not RUIM enabled.

I am happy with this , as this is the cheapest option available and with no fair usage policy like AIRTEL BB or RELIANCE EVDO

:Contento::clap::clap1::lol::lol::D

Edited by techlive