Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
suvirajshetty

Black Berry For Normal People Without Balckberry Email Service

i would like to know whether we can own a blackberry with normal prepaid connection without subscribing for the blackberry services just like any other prepaid or postpaid phones

I belive surely you can use it !

but then there is not point using the blackberry if you dont use its best features !!

Anyway its upto you ... but i m sure u can use it without its services !!

^^^

@suviraj

Yes my dear friend, as gaurav also told above, you can surely use the Blackberry with normal prepaid connection without subscribing to extra services.

Regards.

Whats the point in using such a costly phone without using the features for which the phone is there. If you just want to use it for only talking and/or SMSing, then go for some other handset. But still the choice is yours. I agree with Gaurav.

Point of using such a costly phone may be Show Off :P or Status Symbol

i would like to know whether we can own a blackberry with normal prepaid connection without subscribing for the blackberry services just like any other prepaid or postpaid phones

Why do you need blackberry then?? If you are not going to get blackberry services, there is no point in having blackberry phone.. :) Its not coolest phone to have anyways

It is only the costly and cool handset available in Reliance Network, Though We have HTC 6800 and 6900 with us, But Officially we have BB as coolest and costly handset which is Status Symbol too in CDMA phones

Go for 6800 bro, you will forget BlackBerry...

But 6800 do not have BIS BES Services which are Blackberry specific,

If one needs BIS BES then he can go for BB,

Otherwise HTC Mogul or Touch is best :D

Cheaper option for Blackberry type e-mail service - Go for unlimited Rconnect - open a gmail account-forward your mail from your existing account to gmail account-configure a new email account in Messaging in 6800-set it to check for email every 2 minutes (you can also configure your existing email if supports pop3, without opening a gmail account)-receive emails like text messages instantly on your 6800 at half the cost of Blackberry.

@Dhiraj

suviraj not buy blackberry for email. It is for status simbol so he is easily use mogul or touch for status

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

Cheaper option for Blackberry type e-mail service - Go for unlimited Rconnect - open a gmail account-forward your mail from your existing account to gmail account-configure a new email account in Messaging in 6800-set it to check for email every 2 minutes (you can also configure your existing email if supports pop3, without opening a gmail account)-receive emails like text messages instantly on your 6800 at half the cost of Blackberry.

What about when i send E-mails?

Then my E-mails will be sent by Gmail Id not by my Primary E-mail fom where I have forwarded the E-mails.

But BB supports all E-mail in PUSH facility.

Blackberry Connect / Live Mails / Push mails are useless in 1x as it will block the phones to many time while its online

We have to wait for 3G (EVDO) for better non Blocking net

• Like 1

^^^^

But I just saw advertisement of Reliance Mobile today for HTC P3000. They are advertising Push Mail on Reliance Network. Dont know how? CC clueless, Webworld clueless. The salesman told me it is through some Rworld setting.

@amit jain - If you could search Rworld, and search if any such setting exists.

Edited by dkaile

PUSH mail is not supported by HTC 3000. May be they advertising the POP3 Outlook Mail facility in HTC 3000 as PUSH Mail.

BTW why are you dead!

whats the difference between blackburry and normal windows mobile like our mogul ??? anyone plz clarify :Decepcionado:

Blackberry is an independent email provider service, slightly different from other email providers. It claims to have the fastest email service by which email reaches the receipient in less time than others. However their claims are highly exagerated. It provides immediate email on your mobile like SMS and charges you out of your skin for that. Push mail by Microsoft is something similar but it will not be fully operational on Reliance till we get EVDO.

U can take blackberry with normal prepaid or postpaid connection but in prepaid connection u cannot activate bb service

Who says that BB Services cant be activated on Prepaid Blackberry?????

Ofcourse you can have BIS - BB Service on Prepaid at a rental of Rs. 1099/only.

i am using nokia 6265 with unlimited network plan, can i use BB instead of 6265 and enjoy the same unlimited network for email, chat etc..

No, unless you activate the BB services, you will not get browser icon on your BlackBerry handset

hi all... sorry for the long pause..this thread is real help to me..i like BB device and i want to use internet on it..nothing else

Dear Amit Jain

Push mail can be used on HTC P 3000, privided you have an Microsoft exchange server. all Individuals cannot afford to have Microsoft Server, since it works out very costly, in such cases you can hire an exchange ID from www.4smartphone.net. Please remember, no service provider can advertise a feature which is not available on the phone. Hope this clarifies the doubt of many