Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Discussion Topic For Palm Os Based Handsets, Softwares, Utilities, Comparision Etc

Remote control ur device via SMS.

Bluepill can kill, hard reset, soft reset, Ram format, MMC format and Lock ur device with just SMS set and sent by us :D

Check Attached pic for details.

post-271-1222228847_thumb.jpg

Instruction - How to solve it.

Instructions:

1.- Install BluePill

2.- Launch it and write down your registration ID (something like bP-xxxxx)

3.- Run the kee-jen in your Palm or in a simulator, it doesn't matter

4.- Type your registration ID without the "bP-" part (just the xxxxx)

5.- Your code will appear.

BluePill_Solved.rar

Well its not checksome thingy.

U have messed up where u have to put it other way.

Like if ur ESN is 1A2B3C4D u have to put it like 4D3C2B1A...

I had taken a backup of the original NV file. I picked the same again. Very careful searched for the original ESN, found it at two places only.

Then, I carefully replaced the same with new ESN (and yes I entered the ESN in reverse in pairs of two, like Sadikk indicated). Restored it.

I still have the same problem.

Also, as I indicated earlier, now when I restore the original NV file also, I still face the same problem.

It could be that the ESN had already been messed with before I bought the phone.

What is the solution now?

A. Can another phone's NV file be used? (I do have another 700P which is working fine)

B. Can I flash the phone with Treo 755p image. Will that add a new NV file which I can again rectify?

Please guide.

All : I have still not been able to solve the above issue. Look forward to guidance from Forum members especially Sadikk and Kshah.

Thanks!

Well its not checksome thingy.

U have messed up where u have to put it other way.

Like if ur ESN is 1A2B3C4D u have to put it like 4D3C2B1A...

I had taken a backup of the original NV file. I picked the same again. Very careful searched for the original ESN, found it at two places only.

Then, I carefully replaced the same with new ESN (and yes I entered the ESN in reverse in pairs of two, like Sadikk indicated). Restored it.

I still have the same problem.

Also, as I indicated earlier, now when I restore the original NV file also, I still face the same problem.

It could be that the ESN had already been messed with before I bought the phone.

What is the solution now?

A. Can another phone's NV file be used? (I do have another 700P which is working fine)

B. Can I flash the phone with Treo 755p image. Will that add a new NV file which I can again rectify?

Please guide.

All : I have still not been able to solve the above issue. Look forward to guidance from Forum members especially Sadikk and Kshah.

Thanks!

Few things can help

1, Hard reset

2. Restoring original NV back up.

Acrtually, if your NV is bad, in palm phone do not come up. Palm OS runs well. Thats the feature of OS. I have seen atleast 3 treos which comes up properly. Phone do not work due to NV issues.

There is possibility of your ROM being corrupted of damaged memory due to one or the other reason. If hard reset do not work, try updating your ROM by SD card method, by putting ROM image on memory card and starting rebooting phone.

For that you have to put ROM folder in root of card and then put ZIP + MD5 files in that folder.

{Shifted to Reliance bcs i needed cheap STD to Rel, n cheaper SMS's which no other GSM provider was offering, otw i was very happy wid Vodafone on P1i.....But wid my bills running into 3-4k, got my frnd to buy reliance as well....biggrin.gif......Rite now have taken the 440 plan + Mega 60 sms.....Hope its a good decision}

CDMA & GSM - "Kabhi kisi ko mukammal jahan nahi milta, kahin zamee to kahi aasma nahi milta" lol

See if attached files helps. ( Group SMS and Treo MSGR)

Also when in chat ( IM Type) mode, u wont feel 160 is less.

as u can send 160 and again continue from there.

I never needed it either, though i am power SMS user.

4500 sms in box, 2000 in sent and ticking daily average of 150.

:Contento:

Nice shayri bhai

Yep have come to terms wid 160char using chat method

:)

BUT ek naya problem

:(

I think thers some setting for it which i dunno

I have updated all my contacts into teh 755 by hotsync

All my contacts r in the +91xxxxxxxxxx format

but when i select call from phonebook it says check number dialled

also if i put 0xxxxxxxxxx then it connects properly

is there any setting so that it accepts +91 format

also in messaging aaraam se msg jaata hai to the +91 numbers

:Equivocado:

ye kya baat hai bhai log

kshah, dkaile, sadik bhai

Kindly help

Regards

In Reliance +91 DOES NOT WORK (CDMA problem) to make outgoing calls. This issue was raised by somebody in the HTC Mogul topics; he had also given some resolutions to edit your phone book, you can search there. Also there should be some settings in Dialling Preference on the Main screen, try there also...

hi friends

any body knows software to handle compressed zip folder on palm treo 755p.

as i am downloding my file from diino and it comes in zip format.

i tried explorer (thanks to dhiraj) but it shows reading error.

Edited by vll

resco explorer reads zip files just fine. Pls check file on computer, it may be corrupted.

Don't be a fool to change all nos. Install takephone and + can be solved to anything you like.

If anyone has similar problem in PPC use magicall.

Solution exists, you have to hunt for it.

@Dkaile: Why people remember bad/worse solutions rather than good solutions available?

Vishal

{Shifted to Reliance bcs i needed cheap STD to Rel, n cheaper SMS's which no other GSM provider was offering, otw i was very happy wid Vodafone on P1i.....But wid my bills running into 3-4k, got my frnd to buy reliance as well....biggrin.gif......Rite now have taken the 440 plan + Mega 60 sms.....Hope its a good decision}

CDMA & GSM - "Kabhi kisi ko mukammal jahan nahi milta, kahin zamee to kahi aasma nahi milta" lol

See if attached files helps. ( Group SMS and Treo MSGR)

Also when in chat ( IM Type) mode, u wont feel 160 is less.

as u can send 160 and again continue from there.

I never needed it either, though i am power SMS user.

4500 sms in box, 2000 in sent and ticking daily average of 150.

:Contento:

Nice shayri bhai

Yep have come to terms wid 160char using chat method

:)

BUT ek naya problem

:(

I think thers some setting for it which i dunno

I have updated all my contacts into teh 755 by hotsync

All my contacts r in the +91xxxxxxxxxx format

but when i select call from phonebook it says check number dialled

also if i put 0xxxxxxxxxx then it connects properly

is there any setting so that it accepts +91 format

also in messaging aaraam se msg jaata hai to the +91 numbers

:Equivocado:

ye kya baat hai bhai log

kshah, dkaile, sadik bhai

Kindly help

Regards

@vishal

everybody wants a perfect phone which can be their wife one day and their girlfriend the next day, plus can take care of them like their mother - such a phone does not exist...

@dkaile

If you are interested then work on it and you might learn that you've got it. No gains without pains.

@vishal

everybody wants a perfect phone which can be their wife one day and their girlfriend the next day, plus can take care of them like their mother - such a phone does not exist...

@vishal

thats what I keep telling people... :P

Bottomline - Its a great phone, u need to learn how to live with it...

Edited by dkaile

I was suggested of chaging all the numbers to 00, but I knew it didn't make sense. If windows can have it then why not palm. I found takephone can be used for converting + to whatever you wnt and also use calling cards. If you get the reliance calling card - which someone might be using, then use the takephone feature and you don't have to bother with the codes, number, etc. It's all taken careof. I'd like if people donot take the route of chaging all numbers. Even chaning 1 number is a crime. Phones are supposed to do things for us, only thing is that you have to find which software does that.

Few things can help

1, Hard reset

2. Restoring original NV back up.

Acrtually, if your NV is bad, in palm phone do not come up. Palm OS runs well. Thats the feature of OS. I have seen atleast 3 treos which comes up properly. Phone do not work due to NV issues.

There is possibility of your ROM being corrupted of damaged memory due to one or the other reason. If hard reset do not work, try updating your ROM by SD card method, by putting ROM image on memory card and starting rebooting phone.

For that you have to put ROM folder in root of card and then put ZIP + MD5 files in that folder.

Thanks Kshah.

1. Hard reset or restoring original NV file did not help.

2. Thus, I updated the ROM with Treo 755P using the following thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=160354

After this I followed the ESN repair steps and got the phone working in no time.

Thank you all!

Cheers,

great to see ur problem finally been solved...

Congrats Concon.

Hey i have suggested first thing to u was Firmware upgrade.

BTW I love ur signature :)

after all these years... what i miss most in my treo is a good web browsing experience... even after dkails's workaround with opera mini, i cant say its worked best always... at such times i miss having the iphone (even if for the short period i had it) or my xv6700 (sluggish as it was...)

@dj

absolutely true.... thats why I am not letting go of my mogul... otherwise wud have chucked it...

Edited by dkaile

Hi all,

I am facing a strange issue on my brother's Treo 700p. Need guidance on the same.

The phone works fine for making and receiving calls. However, it hangs after every one hour or so. When I try to press any buttons, it switches off the phone radio, and the switches it on again.

Please note:

a. The phone is flashed with Treo 755p firmware. (Mine is also the same but works perfectly)

b. When I was doing ESN repair of this phone, the CDMANV file had the ESN only at 2 locations and not three.

Questions :

a. How can I solve this?

b. Can I use my phone's CDMANV file, correct ESN and restore in my borther's phone? Could this create any problem? I suggest this because my phone's CDMANV file has ESN at three locations.

Ans.

a. Reflash once again, if that doesnt solve, use ur phone's CDMA_NVbackup.pdb...

b. Should do the job. ESN has been found at 2 and 3 places, no problems there, and it varies.

Hi all,

I am facing a strange issue on my brother's Treo 700p. Need guidance on the same.

The phone works fine for making and receiving calls. However, it hangs after every one hour or so. When I try to press any buttons, it switches off the phone radio, and the switches it on again.

Please note:

a. The phone is flashed with Treo 755p firmware. (Mine is also the same but works perfectly)

b. When I was doing ESN repair of this phone, the CDMANV file had the ESN only at 2 locations and not three.

Questions :

a. How can I solve this?

b. Can I use my phone's CDMANV file, correct ESN and restore in my borther's phone? Could this create any problem? I suggest this because my phone's CDMANV file has ESN at three locations.

not neccessary esn could b at two places or at three .....its absolutely fine even if it occurs at two places

even i would suggest to use your cdma nv backup pdb and edit the esn for ur other phone as it would b the same except for the esn.....should solve the problem

Thanks dkaile and mufaddal_km!

Will try this tonight and share the results.

I got PM from one rimweb member asking for astology software. Though I do not belive in it at all, I am posting astorlogy software for those who are interested

http://www.crazysoft.gr/palm_os/programs/a...oscopes_pro.asp

working app

here

Also this may be interesting

http://www.soundtells.com/MobileReference/...ology/index.htm

Astrology_OS5_HIRES.rar

Edited by kshah

1. Tried reflashing but did not work. It first checks the image against the installed image and then says "Skipping Section". And thus skips all sections.

2. Used my phone's CDMANVbackup file also but the same problem persists.

Any other ideas/ suggestions????

1. Tried reflashing but did not work. It first checks the image against the installed image and then says "Skipping Section". And thus skips all sections.

2. Used my phone's CDMANVbackup file also but the same problem persists.

Any other ideas/ suggestions????

Hi Friend ,

I am just suggesting d way ..donno ..it might b wrong also ..dis is my personal exp wid 755 ....

In one of my bed room der is little n/w prob ......it go & cmes .........so i was keepin my treo der .......when i kept der ......i get hangs in 10 mins only after keepin der ....due n/w .....cme & go ............initially i didnt got d reasion behind getting hang .....

den after keepin in other room ...where der was full n/w was der ....it was not hangin der .........

So in ur case .....i think probably der is sme n/w issue cz ...whenever der is abrupt n/w change ...ie .cme & go Treo gets hang .......try exp iwd keepin in other area ..where .. no n/w issue it wont get . hang .........easliy ....

Above is my personal exp wid Treo it might apply for ur case or might not apply also ......just thought to share d exp as even i also get sme soltn for same .............

Hi Friend ,

I am just suggesting d way ..donno ..it might b wrong also ..dis is my personal exp wid 755 ....

In one of my bed room der is little n/w prob ......it go & cmes .........so i was keepin my treo der .......when i kept der ......i get hangs in 10 mins only after keepin der ....due n/w .....cme & go ............initially i didnt got d reasion behind getting hang .....

den after keepin in other room ...where der was full n/w was der ....it was not hangin der .........

So in ur case .....i think probably der is sme n/w issue cz ...whenever der is abrupt n/w change ...ie .cme & go Treo gets hang .......try exp iwd keepin in other area ..where .. no n/w issue it wont get . hang .........easliy ....

Above is my personal exp wid Treo it might apply for ur case or might not apply also ......just thought to share d exp as even i also get sme soltn for same .............

Thanks Chintan!

I am not sure i this is the issue. I suggest this because I have one more Treo 700p kept alongside, in the same room and that one works just fine.

Another thing that I noticed about the problem is that when I press the power button, the message "keyguard: Press center key..." does not get displayed and thats when the phone is radio goes off and come back on.

For now, I am reflashing the phone with the original Treo 700p ROM and hope for the best.

More ideas are welcome. :)