Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
neel

R-connect Charges

Hey sunil....

What i know.....RIM's internet charge is 40paisa/min.

And through FWP/FWT(Wireless Landline) is like 10paisa/min in daytime and 10paisa/10 min in the night time(i.e. from 10.30 P:M: to 6:30A:M:)

and the telephonic charge in the night time will be 90paisa/10 mins pulse

so overall it comes to total 10/= per hour of Internet usage charge both ISP and telecom spend in Reliance FWP/FWT(in plan 1500) in Night time.

and in the day time(from 6.30A:M: to 10.30P:M:) it will be 24/= per hour both ISP+telecome spend ,that i had compared with BSNL they have also the same pulse unit?

What do you think?

I think It's a cheaper plan for me using through RELiance FWP or FWT?

Could u pls suggest?

Regards

Neel..

This last one seems interesting as wht Neel mentioned. I had never looked into the FWP rates!

has anyone tried the MTNL's new Rs.700/- internet phone connection? They say u can use unlimited 24x7 by paying just 700/- a month! plus a tel connection with free incoming calls... let me know wht kinda speeds u get there..

i dont know how u got the 10 paise/min. today i asked bout it at webworld and they said it was Rs.26/hour daytime and 12 at night

ok, that solves the prob

its 26 at day and 12 at night

10 paise is only is isp charge/min....

and bout that extra phone, i think its available in other sdca also, i recall seeing it on paper. here it was around the 500 figure mark. and extra cal charge too i think. try to check it out at the bsnl website

well, neel gets it at 24 during day and 10 during night becoz he's on the 1500 plan of FWP where the unit charge is 0.90!

hi,

i used samsung 191 phone with usb cable and it shows 230k in taskbar. but i guess thats just the comm spd betwn phone and my pc. actual download speeds near to 50-60. i think SDCA shud be Speed Decreases when Customer Accesses .. haha. For eg. a car can do a top of 180mph doesnt mean all will ride at that spd. it depends on traffic and road conditions.. stick to average what the real world speed is. i m on monsoon hungama 149. they charge 40p per min. do they also charge 200 per month just for activating r connct. if so i will have to disconnect. i use r connect as a backup to my broadband. i might have to pull in a dialup modem if they charge unnecessarily 200 a month just for enabling a service and not using it.

cheers...ujas

Two months ago i had subcribed to r-connect seeing the bill reckoner

Go here http://relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/html/rbil...y_reckoner.html

there scroll to the down... you will see a stuff like this

What are the charges for using R World?

R World is free till March 31st, 2004.

What are charges for using R Connect services (Phone as Modem)?

For R Connect services, the standard rates are monthly subscription fee of Rs.200/- and access charges of 40 p. / min. for the length of the session you are connected.

R Connect activated and accessed on or after August 16, 2003 - monthly subscription fee waived till March 31st, 2004.

here it says R-connect activated and accessed after Aug 16 monthly subscription is waved and for me the first month after activating nothing was charged except the usage but the second came with a charge of (Rs.212.91) :wacko:

Even if they are charging where did that Rs.12.91 extra come from :D

Also according to their bill reckoner i was not supposed to be charged?

Are you sure that you didn't use R Connect worth Rs.212 ?

u can use that till March 31 for free... Lets see wht they come up with after that, whether they really stick to charging 200 bucks for keeping the service on. Coz thts the only hitch i find in this service.

i am speaking about the subscription charges

i got the usage charges extra

see the image attached

rconnectsuberr.bmp

this is really weird... it shud have been NIL at max 100 or just 200.. .... 212 is weird!! Take this to the nearest Webworld... and if the matter doesn't resolve there, then u pay the bill minus these 212 rs.

ashokip as soon u resolve your problem pls notify in this topic. I didn't bills form last four months so i am worry about this.(As i use Rconnect a lot)

And u shown as very little in image pls. show full image (if u can. we undersand your privacy)

:rolleyes:

I want to know about this 200Rs/month charges. Is this applicable

to all subscribers including DAPO or they are exempted from this?

( after Mar 2004)

regards

http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/html/...y_reckoner.html

What are charges for using R Connect services (Phone as Modem)?

As a special introductory offer, the Rs.200 monthly subscription fee is waived till march 2004 to customers who have subscribed for R-connect service till August 15th 2003.

For customers who have subscribed on and after August 16th 2003 the monthly subscription fee is waived only till September.

From Oct 1st 2003, R-connect customers who have subscribed on and after August 16th 2003 and subscription till November 30th 2003 will get a waiver of Rs.100 on the monthly rental. The waiver is valid till March 2004.

So if u have subscirbed before August 15th, you dont have to pay Rs.200 till March

If u have subscribed before Nov 30.. you will be charged only Rs 100 till March

And after March every single soul shall be charged Rs. 200/- !!!

when i asked the customer care guy, he told me that we're charged only for the data transfer and not for how long u brwose ... only when ur phone is conencted and getting data from a server u get charged ... u are not charged when its idle

I dont think so..

bcz in the FAQs of R-connect in Reliance website.. there is a question asking

whether it would be proper to remove cable instead of disconnecting first...

There they have answered it wont be a problem but they suggest to disconnect properly..

So if there was such a way tat you wont be charged.. they wouldnt have answered so...

But then, you would expect R connect software to disconnect.

That does not happen, under statistics the clock keeps ticking.. sometimes I wonder if I am being billed..

What You Have Seen Is That The Port Buffer On the PC is Already Filled With Incoming Data Which Is Slowly Accessed By The PC So The Clock Keeps On Ticking... If You Go On You'll See That It'll Be Disconnected After The Buffer Is Empty..

There's No Way That Reliance Can Charge You If the Phone Is Turned Off!! :clap:

I want to know about this 200Rs/month charges. Is this applicable

to all subscribers including DAPO or they are exempted from this?

( after Mar 2004)

i spoke to reliance customer care last month, they told me that dapo customers will not be charged 200 per month..

chirag are u sure that we have to pay?

d'arghhhh

i just called reliance and they said DAPO customers have to pay Rs. 100 till June 30, 2004. They say they havent decided what they will charge us after that.

seems as if they used FIND & REPLACE option on their entire website... for replacing 31st March to 30th June :'( Look at this..

As a goodwill gesture to our Early - Bird users, the monthly subscription fee of Rs. 200 will be waived (ie 100 % waiver on monthly fee) off till June 30th, 2004. This applies to all customers who have used R Connect on or before August 15, 2003.

Also as a special offer all the subscribers who come on our network and subscribe to R-connect Standard Tariff Plan will be given 50% waiver on monthly subscription fee. Hence, they will be charged only Rs. 100/- per month instead of Rs. 200/- per month w.e.f. 1st October 2003.

This special offer on R-connect is open till 30th November 2003 and benefit period will be from 1st October 2003 to 30th June 2004.

so only for early birds....who started using it before august 2003.

anybody using rconnect under data based tariff plans thatz rs.500 (silver) and rs.1000(gold), whatz the data exchange rate and whatz the bill youre getting...

Hey Guys.......I had chked through Reliance official....& the details are as follows

There are 3 plans for Reliance India Pnone(FWP : Fixed wireless Phone) / FWT (Fixed wireless Terminal)

Plan 500 : 450 Free Call Units in a month can be used for both data & voice

Plan 1000 : 1000 Free Call Units in a month can be used for both data & voice

Plan 1500 : 1750 Free Call Units in a month can be used for both data & voice

The data access charge ( u may call it rent/isp charge or data access charge)

And the pulse unit charge for telephone is plan 500 is Rs. 1. 10/3mins in day time & Rs. 1. 10 / 10 mins in night browsing

And the pulse unit charge for telephone is plan 1000 is Re. 1 per 3mins in day time & Re. 1 per 10 mins in night browsing

And the pulse unit charge for telephone is plan 1500 is 90paisa/3mins in day time & 90paisa / 10 mins in night browsing

SO Guys...Total spending comes down to :

For Plan 1500 : 24/= in day time & 10/= in night browsing

For Plan 1000 : 26/= in day time & 12/= in night browsing

For Plan 1500 : 28/= in day time & 14/= in night browsing

For more information over the above Click here

& through Reliance India mobile the total charge is 40paisa/min + 200/= rental monthly

But For Reliance India Mobile there are superb offer like Gold & Silver Tariffs. And Guys i belive in initial connection i.e. authentication Reliance Infocomm is Best and in dormant stage u can receive phone call also....

Any member more knowlege pls revert back.... :D

Good news................Njoy surfing through reliance..pls suggest....I had compared with all like BSNL/VSNL/Sify/HCL infinity.....and others also....i find this is the Best service....but pls wait for the future when they are coming a strong Broadband Concept...

RELIANCE.doc

Edited by Chirag